JoshL5 feedback/review thread
So I just realized I technically don't have a feedback/review thread for this set.

Here's the link to download in case you don't have the set. It's also available on pieguy's site in case you want to report your scores for the levels.

http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/411-joshl5/

Any feedback or review would be appreciated as it would be most useful for levels I make in JoshL6! Slight smile (might as well confirm that will be a set now)
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
um so ok i like looked at the set and omg ur really cool designer bro add me on facebook
ZK1 / ZK2 / ZK3 / ZK3: Abandoned / ZK4 / ZK5

Bronze / Silver / Gold
Thank you, Zane!
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Tips on Nailed Passage (27)? It seems impossible.
Quote:Tips on Nailed Passage (27)? It seems impossible.

Even though you completed JCCLP2 you decided to play this? Well that works I guess Tongue

Not sure what problem you're having with the level, it's pretty straightforward. It just requires some precise timing.
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Quote:Even though you completed JCCLP2 you decided to play this? Well that works I guess Tongue

Not sure what problem you're having with the level, it's pretty straightforward. It just requires some precise timing.
Yeah, I know it is just that it is one of your levels I've never completed yet but tried. I like playing your levels and you do a great job with the design as well as great concepts as well. I've completed JCCLP, JCCLP2, JoshL2 and your most recent set JoshL6. BTW thank you for posting a video in the second sokoban on Naval Base, I was literally stuck there for weeks. No matter what I did I always cook the level, but I knew there had to be a solution. To be honest it was really hard compared to Bacon Cave, Waterworks Factory, and Themeless. Other than that it was a great set and JoshL5 is awesome too.
Just completed Nailed Passage, sorry for my stupidity. My timing just wasnt good enough, but I worked through it.
WAY late I know, just now working my way chronologically through all the L's.

Toxic Afflictions (currently slot 93), as far as I can tell the bottom left corner is impossible in Lynx? The teeth don't die in the fire, and while I'm sure the bomb was meant as a workaround for Lynx, there's nowhere you can stand to move him down, without permanently losing access to the block. Workaround I'm using, while it doesn't look as elegant as it currently does but works at least, is making the wall right of the bomb a "barrier west", so you can stand to his side and get him down onto the bomb.
Quote:WAY late I know, just now working my way chronologically through all the L's.

Toxic Afflictions (currently slot 93), as far as I can tell the bottom left corner is impossible in Lynx? The teeth don't die in the fire, and while I'm sure the bomb was meant as a workaround for Lynx, there's nowhere you can stand to move him down, without permanently losing access to the block. Workaround I'm using, while it doesn't look as elegant as it currently does but works at least, is making the wall right of the bomb a "barrier west", so you can stand to his side and get him down onto the bomb.

Just make the wall at (2, 30) gravel instead. I don't like using North and West thin walls in my levels.
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects