My Opinion on the Rep Level "Names"
Hey guys. It has come to my attention that rep levels are now ranked as the names of members in the community. Although creative, I'm not sure I understand the inside humor that this system is based on, and I think it is unfair that members appear to be ranked on a hierarchy in the subjective order that some of us would rank others along. (This is just my speculation). To be straight-forward, I don't see the motive to put Michael at the "zero" level, even though he is an experienced chipster in our community, and I think this is quite unfair and/or trollish to him unless he volunteered to have his name used for this purpose. (Edit: He did say he doesn't really care, so it's probably OK, but I wouldn't have him there regardless).

I am also concerned that the names of certain people outside of our community are used as rep levels, especially those of which are names on Facebook friends lists of some of our members. I am concerned that someone may be Internet-savvy enough to Google themself and come across the forum, and find that their name has been stalked and posted publicly. Although I am aware that in the case of Zane, he does not have a problem with a specific member's first name being posted, I would like to request that the first or last names of any people on my (Trevor's) Facebook friends list (outside the community) not be posted publicly on the forums or on any other website. I do not currently know that anybody has posted anything that would concern me in this respect, but it's just so people know now. Also, if people try to troll me on this I will have to make my full friends list invisible, so don't say I didn't warn you. Slight smile

As such, my feedback would be to implement a nameless version of this system that uses personal qualities *not* linked to any specific person in the community (for example, Troll, New Recruit, Engineer, Professional, etc. or maybe something more CC-specific), or simply have the greatest chipsters such as J.B. or Pieguy at the top and have non-specific ranks below.
Slight smile
ZK1 / ZK2 / ZK3 / ZK3: Abandoned / ZK4 / ZK5

Bronze / Silver / Gold
This was just a joke done by Tom, but since no one cares, it would be better if he just put the rep system back to normal. No questions asked Slight smile
Quote: Slight smile

Explain to me how this got 2 rep points?
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Quote:Explain to me how this got 2 rep points?

To deliver a user a rep point, there is a "vote up" arrow next to a number in the bottom right area of one's post. Clicking this button will deliver that post and user one reputation point. Be warned that you have a limited quota of sent rep points per twenty-four hours!

Using this method, a (or multiple) user(s) used a minimum of two accounts to execute this process and thus give the post in question two reputation points.

ChaCha!

Bronze / Silver / Gold
Can I have rep points for no reason?

Also, I see no problem with the rep system, as long as it's understood that it is a joke. The ranks are only visible on profile pages anyway, so um like it's nbd. Also I love Zane, and I'm only saying that because no one is reading this.
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
Quote:To deliver a user a rep point, there is a "vote up" arrow next to a number in the bottom right area of one's post. Clicking this button will deliver that post and user one reputation point. Be warned that you have a limited quota of sent rep points per twenty-four hours!

Using this method, a or multiple user(s) used a minimum of two accounts to execute this process and thus give the post in question two reputation points.

ChaCha!

I asked to explain how your post with a " Slight smile " got 2 rep points. I didn't ask to explain how to give a rep point. Thanks for the info!
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Quote:I asked to explain how your post with a " Slight smile " got 2 rep points. I didn't ask to explain how to give a rep point. Thanks for the info!

Using this method, a (or multiple) user(s) used a minimum of two accounts to execute this process and thus give the post in question two reputation points.

Thanks!

Bronze / Silver / Gold
Whatevs.
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

OP: well the identification system thing for reputation is better than "Neutral", "Good" and "Excellent"

Bronze / Silver / Gold