Ask a dumb question, get a dumb answer
I mean... It makes sense that they were all from the same place. It seems they met in high school for the most part. But it has to be a relatively small group, then. Because even if they're like minded individuals, someone sometime would eventually come up with a unique design style. To decrease the chances of this happening, I'd say the number of people involved would have to decrease.

Oooor... Here's another theory I just came up with.
How about the clubhouse members could make whatever they wanted, but someone was in charge of quality control (probably Melinda), so only the levels that fit her taste, ended up being part of the clubhouse.

?

Side note: maybe the clubhouse was fairly new back then, and they had an intention of making a new clubhouse, or add on to the original. They could've done the original clubhouse in about two years (assuming it's as simple as using a level editor, and not having to place each element by hand, like having to build each individual wall for example).
The community of chipsters have been making levels for at least two decades. Two decades is way more than two years. In two decades you see all sorts of design styles from all sorts of people. In two years, level designs would follow whatever is the trend at the moment, meaning the levels indeed could be similar to one another. Kudos to the bit busters for being intelligent enough for their earliest creations to not be randomness and guesswork marathons.

But this is starting to derail from the topic title. I'm giving an elaborated answer.
The dumb answer is: Melinda is a tyrant and does in fact have a quality control system. Only the decent but monotonous levels make it in the clubhouse. She keeps the excellent quality levels for herself, falsely promising to release them in a sequel one day.
When she has enough levels, she'll kick everyone out and make the second clubhouse out of all these excellent quality levels, cut all ties with the other members, and take all the credit for the second clubhouse. CCLP4 is in fact, this second clubhouse in such parallel universe. (As a bonus, we finally have a storyline for CCLP4 Chip Win ).

So... Is CC1 a virtual world or did it occupy physical space and had to be constructed by buying/placing all the floor tiles, building all the walls, making holes for all the water tiles, etc. ?
Glider
First chipster ever reported to fill ON THE ROCKS with blocks.

HASHLEVELS.dat (49 CC1 levels)
Really Hash? Apparently you don't remember that there is a CC1 level where near the end there are three paths and choosing one of the two wrong ones meant restarting the level. As with a lot of old "Nintendo Hard" (Epyx Hard?) games it have some frustrating guesswork but it doesn't mean it can't be enjoyed. Same for the sequel.

But forget that (and anyways thanks for the elaborate answer)!

If the box art of the Lynx version and the computer ones is an indication, yes, Chip have to go trough all those challenges in a physical space (which of course brings the problem of were are those levels stored).

In relation to this post (Notice it have the "fatty Chip in his fifties" from the DOS version):

https://forum.bitbusters.club/thread-205...e#pid42487

Two questions (please answer both):
How do you think Chip looks with a black "Commodore" shirt?
What about the weird green rectangle thing he have in the mouth?
I knew I'd be misunderstood... What I was trying to say was that CC1 isn't a guesswork marathon. It still has some unfair levels. But it definitely doesn't look like the average new designer's first levelset. Like "hey, here's a hard puzzle for you. Now it just needs 20 walkers for you to dodge in each room and more than one exit that you need to choose". Now multiply that by around 100 levels...

Yes, most levels stick to only one theme, yes, there is occasional evilness here and there, but it's nothing near what I described above.

I think Chip wearing a black shirt means he either just got back from a funeral, or is trying to up his coolness by 5%.

The green rectangle is that he just ate a blob. People can do things they normally aren't supposed to in the
cover art/intro art. It's during gameplay when they have to obey the rules.

Why does the bowling ball exist despite nerds being allergic to sports?
Glider

Well, i would say that it is because bowling is not as physically demanding as other sports (Disclaimer: I have never played bowling in real life). However, because the bowling balls always goes in a perfect straigth line and that it explodes makes me believe that these are not normal balls. Plus, they are used to solve puzzles and that Chip anyway have to move a lot around, so maybe that is his sport and physical exercise. Also, going around with my theory, it was the result of the diversity of ideas present in the creators of the levels in CC2.

What do you think about the pirate and the nerd in this post?

https://forum.bitbusters.club/thread-205...l#pid42500
The pirate's eye patch looks a little too in the middle of his face. But then again, in 8 or 16 bits there's not all the freedom in the world when making video game graphics, and keeping that in mind, it's pretty decent. It is true that he wears red shirt and green pants, maybe that was a go to outfit at the time.

The nerd looks like Chip. Chip has appeared so many times and in so many ways, that that nerd character looks like it could be yet another puzzle Chip model. The head looks similar to non MS Chip's head. A face with glasses and dark hair.

However, you can't really say it is Chip, well, because it's not, it's just standard nerd character.

Will CC3 be what everyone loves about CC1, minus what annoys people about LYNX ruleset, minus what annoys people about MS ruleset, plus CC2, minus what annoys people about CC2, plus everyone's favorite CC3D elements plus a few extra tiles and features?
Glider

Yes, plus a bunch of completely new annoying things that are a lot worse than the annoying things of those 3 rulesets combined.

When will someone make a trolley problem CC level?
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
When they get hit by a trolley which gives them the inspiration.

Is the accomplishment listed in Hash1's signature the greatest accomplishment in the history of chipsterdom?
They call me Earthling, for I come from Earth.

Earthling1.dat, my levelset.
Greatest, no (Getting the maximum possible score, yes, that have no bearing on score). Dumb, maybe. Brave or bold, it is posible. Insane, definitely.

In relation to this post:

https://forum.bitbusters.club/thread-205...s#pid41994

How would you justify these similarities between Chip's Challenge 2 and Crystal Mines? That implies that a puzzle competition and a crystal mine in a very distant planet have some notable similarities. I wonder if C. Scott Davis or Vladimir knows something that we don't know...
ERROR: CHIPS.EXE has crashed. TWS file upload failed.

Has Chip ever been in love?
My Levelset: TomB1.dat (95 levels, Version 1.3.3, Last updated May 8th, 2021)

YouTube l Twitter l Twitch l Instagram l Discord
No. He just wants Melinda for the clubhouse benifits, and fame.

If you wanted to go from Azerbaijan to Turkmenistan, crossing the Caspian Sea by zipline, how tall would the first platform have to be, and how would you decorate it?
Glider