ZK3: Damnation
I might just know where you got that idea from.
Quote:I might just know where you got that idea from.

LOL he must of got it from both of us Tongue

I recent made a random tile level in JoshL4 called Divide by Zero, which was of course inspired by the one in your set. Slight smile
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Quote:I might just know where you got that idea from.

The origins of this concept (random tiles in places that consists of a maze using some or most of the tiles within) was first used to a big extent, i.e. the whole level (the level shown doesn't actually use the entire grid for solving, but almost all of the outer ring must be traversed in order to do something else...), in Tom's "!?" which was level 139 of TomP3 in 2007 and appeared in the voting pack Asteroid for CCLP1, but that was after it was severely edited to fit Lynx requirements, although it probably has a small chance of surviving elimination and attaining a spot in the set anyway. Since then, this concept (or whatever sounds more formal, considering it's not directly a concept) has been seen in multiple levelsets, the earliest I can currently think of in the late levels of BHLS1.

This level mainly had no tiles on the outer ring until I decided to add a (well, I'll reveal what the outer ring's purpose on this level and something on multiple other levels will be later, considering not all of them are finished), which also makes this level significantly better in the term of 'random tiles all over the place', so it looks better towards the concept as well as makes it somewhat confusing to understand what the boundaries of the level are. (when only attempting to solve)

As for inspiration goes, it was inspired by !? design-wise considering I have the most experience with this concept via that level, but "why I made it" or the like, yes, it was inspired. looking at Divide by Zero in the editor drove me to create one considering I had no ideas, and yeah I haven't made one of those since 2012. I have only looked at Divide by Zero twice after Tom mentioning something on the skype chat about it, and I haven't even seen lookatthis' version of this type of level or concept, etc., so I don't even know the design of that at all (well I just did after I posted this). As far as the level above, it was, in my opinion, boring on its own (am talking about my own level here) and I couldn't think of a decent title (whether it be a movie title like it currently is), so I developed a river running straight through the entire level. also, the time limit is 1950.
ZK1 / ZK2 / ZK3 / ZK3: Abandoned / ZK4 / ZK5

Bronze / Silver / Gold
by the way, here is a full solution to A River Runs Through It, as a preview.

Bronze / Silver / Gold
This set is now available for download!

official topic

download page

direct link

picture of doge

Bronze / Silver / Gold