Umbrella Pack - Discussion
This is the official discussion thread for CCLP1 voting's Umbrella Pack. Feel free to share your thoughts, opinions, and comments on the levels here!
About 40 (Rainbow Door Key) - I was told by Tom to vote as if the hot blocks were removed, as he regrets leaving them in his original design but would take them out if it got into CCLP1. When I played it I had edited it such that the hot blocks were replaced with walls. I gave it a 5, but if the hot blocks were there, I would've given it a 3.
Zommy (Richard Blaquière)

CLP1-fixed.dat - 40 levels

CLP2.dat - 30 levels, incomplete

RichardB1.dat (consisting exclusively of CLP1-fixed and CLP2 levels) - 58 levels, incomplete
Level 25 (Little Nine Chips): Busted in Lynx. Can get to exit while bomb is exploding.

Level 28 (Coming Full Circle): Can double back and leave via exit in SW.
#1 (Labor & Delivery) - Completely stumped me at first, but very satisfying to solve. Not sure what the point of the tanks is in the SW room though, as I just walked right through them. Are they supposed to move back and forth on their own?

#4 (Tiny II) and #5 (Breathing Room) - I loved both these levels. Both do a great amount with a very small space, and neither presents an especially obvious solution from a first glance. Great fun.

#7 (Out of Control) - For a lesson level that only teaches about ice and force floors, this level was far too large.

#11 (Crossing the Street) - Very similar to The Snipers (Popcorn #25), which I slightly prefer, but there's really not a great deal to choose between them. Perhaps if I'd played this level first I would have preferred this one?

#16 (Drive-Thru) - In MS after getting each pair of flippers you can lure the teeth into the water square and drown them, reducing the challenge somewhat.

#28 (Coming Full Circle) - I've already expressed how much I liked Inner Circle (Asteroid #24), which is a subsection of this level, and this is also a great level. However, the innermost section can be avoided entirely by collecting 69 chips (69 are required but there are 70 in the outer two rings alone) and exiting in the SW. I'd love to see this level in CCLP1 if the chip count could be changed to make the inner section necessary, as I think it's really fun and well put together.

#43 (Death List) - The hint is somewhat misleading, since you don't really get to decide how they die at all... Each type of monster has to go down a predefined path if you want to reach the exit. Took a few tries to figure this out, but was still quite fun.

#50 (Use the Force) - It's quite annoying that you have to restart the level about 2/3 of the way through if you don't manage to step off the force floor at the right time to get the red and yellow keys. Otherwise, a solid level.
CC1: 5,954,550 (completed)
--- CCLP1: 5,989,110 (completed)
--- CCLP2: 5,936,410 (148 levels completed)
--- CCLP3: 1,223,887 (a few levels completed)

My levelset JRB_CCLP1.ccl
Quote:#7 (Out of Control) - For a lesson level that only teaches about ice and force floors, this level was far too large.

Agreed. I personally prefer Shoehorn #19, "Lesson the 2nd," with respect to teaching these concepts.
Quote:Level 28 (Coming Full Circle): Can double back and leave via exit in SW.

Quote:#28 (Coming Full Circle) - I've already expressed how much I liked Inner Circle (Asteroid #24), which is a subsection of this level, and this is also a great level. However, the innermost section can be avoided entirely by collecting 69 chips (69 are required but there are 70 in the outer two rings alone) and exiting in the SW. I'd love to see this level in CCLP1 if the chip count could be changed to make the inner section necessary, as I think it's really fun and well put together.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I did intend for this alternate solution, which should still be slower in the current level. I guess an invisible wall could be added by that exit if it is not desirable. I didn't require all the chips in the center because it is relatively difficult. You still have to move around in there quite a bit. Of course for symmetry adding one extra round in the center wouldn't be that terrible. I never expected these levels to be all that great, but I'm glad to have heard that some people enjoy them. Slight smile
I just cast what may be my last vote.

Contagious Cellar: I just wanted to say I think this is a blob level that is very well done. I don't normally like blob levels much at all but I enjoyed this one. You have the ability to control how difficult the level becomes or how quickly and that's a pretty cool feature. Thumbs up not requiring all the chips is a good touch too.

Four Corners: would've rated higher if the bug room wasn't as tight and difficult.

In "Difficulty Switch":
situations like this can be really annoying; when you're sliding in between two toggled doors that are timed so you have to keep waiting for them to open. I mentioned this from another level by ajmiam in a different voting pack but it wasn't as bad this time. I recommend just putting in some 'waiting' floor tiles in between or something.
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
Aww, what a shame. You were already past the halfway point!
Quote:Contagious Cellar: I just wanted to say I think this is a blob level that is very well done. I don't normally like blob levels much at all but I enjoyed this one. You have the ability to control how difficult the level becomes or how quickly and that's a pretty cool feature. Thumbs up not requiring all the chips is a good touch too.

Thanks! Slight smile
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Quote:Aww, what a shame. You were already past the halfway point!

well I just said that because the deadline is getting near. But I'm still playing. Slight smile
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski