ArchieP1
Hello.

This is a levelset I made about one and a half years ago, for CCLP1. And since that, I've completely forgotten about that. Just about yesterday I randomly googled my name and found this website. Yes, I knew such website exist, but it was a long time ago and since then I am overloaded by campus activities. So, sorry for forgetting CC for those times.

It is strange to see that my levelset is mentioned several (not much) times. Some guy with the username flareon350 (I believe he is Josh Lee) even LPing my levelset. Wow, I never realised that this community is so lively.

From what I have learnt by reading posts in this site, it seems my intended lynx-compatible levelset is not, err, lynx-compatible. #104 and #146 are the levels that need to be fixed. So, I have updated both of them and reuploaded my levelset (version 1.5) to yahoo groups. I also updated #142 to prevent some busts. One major thing that still causing trouble is the length of the hints of some levels. I don't know what is the threshold for this value, hence I can't fix it for now. Any help would be appreciated.

Well, that's it. Thanks for remembering me (or my levelset, whatever). Any other critics or suggestion is very much appreciated.

Oh! Whenever you guys have problem related to my levelset, I can provide you the TWS file. I just don't know where to upload it.

Archie Pusaka
Great to see you again on here, Archie! I've played through most of your levelset while testing for CCLP1. There are some really incredible levels in there. Slight smile Some are a bit difficult for CCLP1, but I've tried to go ahead and take as many notes as I could - in case CCLP4 or a subsequent CCLP requires Lynx compatibility. Here's what I found, other than what you mentioned already:

#31 (Hall of Flame): unequal - trap sliding can plunge players into fire in Lynx

#67 (Crawler Carrier): busted - bug unnecessary for hitting tank buttons

#76 (Fourtify): unequal - random FF allows for different behavior for fireball room in Lynx

#77 (Bug Collecting): busted - toggle room completely unnecessary

#78 (Crossroad Jam): unequal - quick red button presses for west cloner at end can cause blue button to be pressed in Lynx (luck-based)

#89 (Button Corridor): unequal - tanks unrestricted by open toggle doors in Lynx

#90 (An Only Chip Again): busted - possible to bypass all block-pushing; unequal (minor) - teeth cannot travel across hint tile in Lynx

#91 (Surrounded): unequal/busted - hint tile can be used as safe spot in Lynx

#99 (Flock of Block): unequal/busted - block at end can be flicked off thin wall in MS
#101 (Sad Ending): unequal - monsters + random FF behavior in Lynx

#106 (Special Tanks to): unsolvable in Lynx - tank + removed obstacle behavior in final room

#112 (Out of the Frying Pan): unequal (potentially unsolvable) - hint tile sends some fireballs into water in Lynx

#121 (Outrun): unsolvable in Lynx - teeth movement

#135 (Packed Problem): unsolvable in Lynx - requires MS trap rules

#137 (The Longest Track): busted - can re-enter the toggle area while the fireball is in there and skip the whole block puzzle

#143 (Hide and Seek): u
nequal - glider in top room can die in fire in MS

#144 (Nudge): unequal - fireball room easier in Lynx due to block slapping - block can be pushed into (31, 21)
Quote:Hello.

This is a levelset I made about one and a half years ago, for CCLP1. And since that, I've completely forgotten about that. Just about yesterday I randomly googled my name and found this website. Yes, I knew such website exist, but it was a long time ago and since then I am overloaded by campus activities. So, sorry for forgetting CC for those times.

It is strange to see that my levelset is mentioned several (not much) times. Some guy with the username flareon350 (I believe he is Josh Lee) even LPing my levelset. Wow, I never realised that this community is so lively.

From what I have learnt by reading posts in this site, it seems my intended lynx-compatible levelset is not, err, lynx-compatible. #104 and #146 are the levels that need to be fixed. So, I have updated both of them and reuploaded my levelset (version 1.5) to yahoo groups. I also updated #142 to prevent some busts. One major thing that still causing trouble is the length of the hints of some levels. I don't know what is the threshold for this value, hence I can't fix it for now. Any help would be appreciated.

Well, that's it. Thanks for remembering me (or my levelset, whatever). Any other critics or suggestion is very much appreciated.

Oh! Whenever you guys have problem related to my levelset, I can provide you the TWS file. I just don't know where to upload it.

Archie Pusaka

Yes I was LPing it, however, certain reality obstacles came in the way, thus it was cancelled. Your set is pretty good by the way. Slight smile
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Hi Archie! We all love your levels and hope you eventually make more! I played your set in lynx and only #104 and #146 were not solvable (as I mentioned in another thread). I looked at your new version and completed #104, so that's solvable now (though some would say that it is unequal due to erasing the blue key at [26,22] with the block, and other such possibilities with pushing a block into the bug room (the yellows at [29,9+11] totally block the bugs if you keep the block at [28,10] and allow the bugs to roam free (also erasing blue keys, and destroying the bomb etc; though this is partially an issue in MS too)). The reason I thought #146 was unsolvable was that once you open the blue door, there is no way to go back to get a block, as sideways boosting on the force floors work differently in lynx (the first ff you encounter, even after sliding on ice, can't be overridden), though I bet many players were already stumped by the teeth+paramecium collision needed to get a teeth to the left side of the paramecia room.

Anyway, personally I don't care if levels are unequal to solve (like #134 is a beautiful example of this (and I suspect you new both solutions yourself)), though for CCLP1 I also agree that some of what J.B. mentioned should be fixed when the solutions are of highly different difficulty. I haven't looked at the levels with this in mind (great job to the CCLP1 staff for their hard work!), but I guess I should clarify my approach on the levels JB suspected to be unsolvable:

On #106 I solved on my first attempt with about 50 seconds used in the last room, but obviously you need to control the tanks differently than in MS. You can use the blocks to allow the tanks different lengths of movement, and when some are stopped and others moving, you can only turn the ones that are stopped.

#112 I sent the fireballs up through the teleport but now realize in MS this can be accomplished more simply by sending them out to the of the room in any direction. So unequal.

#121 As a general rule, you can get teeth to do the same things as in MS and possibly even more, though collisions might work differently (see monster order in Run-A-Muck for example), so this level is solvable but the timing is difficult, so the level is "just" highly unequal.

#135 I placed a block on the trap button since the fireballs were not enough to allow Chip through the pink ball stream.

I'll try to write more feedback later, but for now I should mention that only 8 of the 9 chips are required in #131 (which could have been intentional).

Hope to see you around here more from time to time!

-Miika
ArchieP1 --

This is one of the best sets ever created. No joke.

~Bowman
~Bowman
Uhh, thanks for the fast replies... And sorry about the late reply.

I have looked into my levelset once more and thanks to you, I realized some errors in my design.

I have fixed some of them, but I need explanation one some others... So I haven't reuploaded this levelset. I guess it might be better to wait until 'all' issues are resolved.

Note: I would love to quote each and every entry of your critics to give explanation, but a message popped out and said "You have posted more than the allowed number of quoted blocks of text". I have tried to divide this message into two parts but gain nothing. So I just put them all in one block of quote, and put my replies in between the entries, marked with [square brackets]. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Quote:#31 (Hall of Flame): unequal - trap sliding can plunge players into fire in Lynx
[Agreed. fixed.]

#67 (Crawler Carrier): busted - bug unnecessary for hitting tank buttons
[uhh, is it involving paramecium walking in circles around (22,13)? I've done that before, but I think it would take more time than just do the intended route.]

#76 (Fourtify): unequal - random FF allows for different behavior for fireball room in Lynx
[The whole reason why that random FF floor placed there was because the horizontal-walking fireballs was not deflecting the vertical-walking ones.. But I just discovered a brilliant way to circumvent this. fixed.]

#77 (Bug Collecting): busted - toggle room completely unnecessary
[bummer, this is one of my first levels to be made. I didn't even notice an obvious bust like this. Fixed.
On the other hand, in Lynx, this level require precise timing while pressing the blue button. In ms, this isn't essential... So anyway an unequal, I think.]

#78 (Crossroad Jam): unequal - quick red button presses for west cloner at end can cause blue button to be pressed in Lynx (luck-based)
[Moved the button. fixed the issue.]

#89 (Button Corridor): unequal - tanks unrestricted by open toggle doors in Lynx
[This one is tough to resolve. Well.. I think I'm going to pass this one. Let's give those Lynx player a chance to score better time than ms one.]

#90 (An Only Chip Again): busted - possible to bypass all block-pushing; unequal (minor) - teeth cannot travel across hint tile in Lynx
[Never thought about that! I trapped those two teeth behind the question mark. Is this level is busted in ms too? If it is not the case, I assumed that it's safe to just remove the hint.]

#91 (Surrounded): unequal/busted - hint tile can be used as safe spot in Lynx
[i know this issue. I keep the hint tile because, after several playtesting, I found that walker in Lynx are very active, compared to ms. Hence, I left that hint tile to 'balance' the difficulty. Well, thats aside, personally I don't think this level is qualified to be in CCLP1 or any other CCLPs.]

#99 (Flock of Block): unequal/busted - block at end can be flicked off thin wall in MS
[OK. fixed.]

#101 (Sad Ending): unequal - monsters + random FF behavior in Lynx
[Let it be, I think. This level is not good to any CCLP either.]

#106 (Special Tanks to): unsolvable in Lynx - tank + removed obstacle behavior in final room
[it is in fact solvable. You have two blocks for the final room. Place them in (23,6) and (24,9).]

#112 (Out of the Frying Pan): unequal (potentially unsolvable) - hint tile sends some fireballs into water in Lynx
[Hmm, I don't know such solution involving this unequality. My intended solution was to get the blue key, the the fire boots, then the green key and open the green locks. Move one of the blocks (from the green locks) to the tile where the blue key was. Then release the fireballs to the teleporter so they will all explode.]

#121 (Outrun): unsolvable in Lynx - teeth movement
[it can be done with odd step in Lynx, but even step in ms.]

#135 (Packed Problem): unsolvable in Lynx - requires MS trap rules
[it is solvable but require very precise timing. Which imlpies, this level is unequal. To be a little more fair, i've just added a FF tile between the trap and its button.
A side note: I forgot to erase a pop-up wall in this level. Now it's running as what I intended.]

#137 (The Longest Track): busted - can re-enter the toggle area while the fireball is in there and skip the whole block puzzle
[i still can't figure how can that happen... Can you please provide more details?]

#143 (Hide and Seek): unequal - glider in top room can die in fire in MS
[i suppose it's the fire in (13,12). Well okay, although I don't see much unequality, I added a bomb around there to maintain equality.]

#144 (Nudge): unequal - fireball room easier in Lynx due to block slapping - block can be pushed into (31, 21)
[Okay... I know that blocks can be slapped, but I can't figure what's the advantages of doing that. Could you pleasy kindly explain?]
Thanks for the review!

Quote:I looked at your new version and completed #104, so that's solvable now (though some would say that it is unequal due to erasing the blue key at [26,22] with the block

[Why didn't I see it earlier? Fixed it.]

and other such possibilities with pushing a block into the bug room (the yellows at [29,9+11] totally block the bugs if you keep the block at [28,10] and allow the bugs to roam free (also erasing blue keys, and destroying the bomb etc; though this is partially an issue in MS too))

[i think it's okay if they want to mess the bugs room. It's pretty risky, much like getting bold in Monster Lab or LUNiT.]

On #106 I solved on my first attempt with about 50 seconds used in the last room, but obviously you need to control the tanks differently than in MS. You can use the blocks to allow the tanks different lengths of movement, and when some are stopped and others moving, you can only turn the ones that are stopped.
[Yes you could do that. But there is a simpler solution instead.]

#112 I sent the fireballs up through the teleport but now realize in MS this can be accomplished more simply by sending them out to the of the room in any direction. So unequal.
[Ooh. OK then, I modified this level a bit so only the intended solution works.]

#121 As a general rule, you can get teeth to do the same things as in MS and possibly even more, though collisions might work differently (see monster order in Run-A-Muck for example), so this level is solvable but the timing is difficult, so the level is "just" highly unequal.
[i realised that playing this level on Lynx is harder than ms. But I think almost all levels do Slight smile. Well, that's just me. I'm not accustomed to Lynx.]

#135 I placed a block on the trap button since the fireballs were not enough to allow Chip through the pink ball stream.
[The fireballs are enough, but needs precise timing. Yet another unequal level. I added a FF to help balancing the two rules.]

I'll try to write more feedback later, but for now I should mention that only 8 of the 9 chips are required in #131 (which could have been intentional).
[Another mistake. How many does this levelset have?]
Thanks for the elaboration!
Quote:#137 (The Longest Track): busted - can re-enter the toggle area while the fireball is in there and skip the whole block puzzle

[i still can't figure how can that happen... Can you please provide more details?]

I was the one who discovered this bust, so I apologize for the vague description. Seeing as I'm really bad at explanations, here's a video of it:

Hope that helps!
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
Nice catch Ben! Didn't see that even after reading JB's comment and looking at the level. However, you can just trap the second fireball with a block at (20,24) and be a bit quicker than your video. In any case Archie will be able to salvage the level with a bit of different trap setup that doesn't allow for another fireball stuck in the lowest trap.

Oh, and didn't notice Archie already fixed #146 in the last update, my bad.

I also had a question about Run Out of Gas (#148). It's the last real level of the set so it's quite tough, but was it meant to be quite this hard? Here's a video of my solution, and in particular am skeptical about the maneuver at 0:33:

Probably more comments to come later Slight smile

-Miika
Quote:

I was the one who discovered this bust, so I apologize for the vague description. Seeing as I'm really bad at explanations, here's a video of it:

Hope that helps!
Hahaha... The bust was so good that I decided not to fix it... Wait, that doesn't sound right.

Well, okay, it is fixed by now. Superb discovery, Ben!

Quote:I also had a question about Run Out of Gas (#148). It's the last real level of the set so it's quite tough, but was it meant to be quite this hard? Here's a video of my solution, and in particular am skeptical about the maneuver at 0:33:

Probably more comments to come later Slight smile

-Miika

This level was meant to be as difficult as the last levels of CCLP3..

The maneuver was fantastic, but that is not required. You can use dirt instead of glider to prevent yourself from pushing the block.

I would like to post a video of my solution, but the internet connection doesn't seem to agree with me, as I can't even upload some images. However, I can upload the TWS solution. I just don't know where to upload it. Is linking files from data storage sites permitted here?
You can upload it to the "solutions" area of the Downloads section.