ArchieP1
Quote:Yes I was LPing it, however, certain reality obstacles came in the way, thus it was cancelled.

Well then, I'll just have to do it in your place Tongue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFJEXul4t-U
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
Quote:Well then, I'll just have to do it in your place Tongue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFJEXul4t-U

OH MAN! Smiley
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Umm, thanks all for the reply.

I'm ashamed that I don't have the time to reply on this thread sooner. Being a colleger is very time consuming for me.

Well, I made an update to my levelset. I have reuploaded it to the Yahoo Groups. Now it's version 1.6.1 It has some fixes on busted levels mentioned above,and one major change to level 137 (THE LONGEST TRACK). I made the number of fireballs to be unlimited to prevent players starting over if they made a mistake.

This morning I have uploaded the wrong file to the groups (version 1.6). It has a corrupted version of level 135. Version 1.6.1 corrected this issue.

As for the solution file, apparently I lost them some time ago. Hence the only way I can do is to play through all level once more. Sadly, I don't have that much time right now. Really sorry. But I have uploaded the solutions of some of the trickier levels to the downloads section.

With apologise,

Archie Pusaka
Wow, I must update this level set. Slight smile
Reynaldi Judianto Angry Unamused Fail
Hi Archie. This set is fantastic!!

I have some suggestions about fixes and Lynx compatibility:

36 - remove one ball.
37 - extend ice one tile at the top and one tile at the bottom.
42 - move first teeth one space to the left so chip will have time to run past it in Lynx.
90 - move block at 4,3 up one space and add mugger squares at 21,6 and 21,8. Add door at 11,24 with key under block at 28,3.
105 - see image at http://syzygy.webege.com/ArchieP1_105.jpg
133 - change walls to thin walls at 5,22 6,22 and 7,22.
141 - Add toggle wall(on) at 19,8 and block at 18,8.
143 - add space at 17,3 and gravel at 18,3.

That's all for now.
[quote]

#143 - this also works fine as is. how did you think this was solvable in ms, as in why would your suggestion be needed only in lynx?

Syzygy, I like the way you are thinking, but on a couple of these suggestions I just think you didn't realize how well Archie understands lynx mode. I really enjoy the differences in some of the solutions between the modes, like #134 possibly being the prime example. Keep the feedback coming on the levels you play though, as not many people care enough to do that.

-Miika
Quote:

#143 - this also works fine as is. how did you think this was solvable in ms, as in why would your suggestion be needed only in lynx?

Syzygy, I like the way you are thinking, but on a couple of these suggestions I just think you didn't realize how well Archie understands lynx mode. I really enjoy the differences in some of the solutions between the modes, like #134 possibly being the prime example. Keep the feedback coming on the levels you play though, as not many people care enough to do that.

-Miika

Hi Miika! Thanks for the detailed elaboration.

For #36, It's actually a bust. This is one of the very first level I designed and I was very naive at that time. I have fixed it in the latest version (version 1.6.2).

From your comment, I felt like I have designed hundreds of levels before, so I have mastered Lynx.

Unfortunately that is not the case.

I'm still new in level designing, and I made many mistakes in my first levelset. Most of them came from earlier levels though. But what I want to explain here is I still don't quite get the differences between Lynx and MS. For most of the time I just play them both and fix any unsolvability until the level can be solved in both mode. So, I don't really deserve any compliment about my knowledge in Lynx, which is still shallow.

For an instance, consider your comment for #143. I still can't figure out why the change can help Lynx mode, but not MS mode.

Another one: The differences in #134 you used as a prime example, must be something that I missed, because I don't see any differences by playing in MS or Lynx in this level!
Perhaps these pages will help:

http://www.muppetlabs.com/~breadbox/soft...ecomp.html

http://www.pillowpc2001.net/CCLP3/Lynx/

http://chipschallenge.wikia.com/wiki/Ruleset (not entirely accurate)
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
Hi again. I guess the fixes I suggested were not neccessary after all. As Miika has so brilliantly, and visually pointed out. So, Miika's an expert player and can solve just about anything out there. I, however, am not and sometimes have difficulties with levels. There are also many levels with unclear directives which may not be seen by some players. For example, in level 133 - Captive Escape, I thought the goal was to get the teeth to remove the bomb. I can now see how to use the flame to do so.

For Miika,

I wasn't pursuing ease of play when I made the suggestions, I just couldn't find the solutions or the levels seemed to be busted. But then again, the point of CCLP1 is making the levels playable by an amateur / beginner / newbie.

>>"#90 - I don't understand why these changes? If you suggest something complex like this an explanation might help. (my >>lynx solution takes 8 seconds

If it only takes 8 seconds then you aren't playing the whole level and it seems to be a bust. Don't tell me you are that good that you can actually get the chip from behind the teeth!! Or maybe that is the intended solution? It takes me 100 seconds to push the blocks and get the chip in the upper right section. The flippers cannot be reached, so that side is omitted from gameplay.

>>Keep the feedback coming on the levels you play though, as not many people care enough to do that.

Will do that, as long as I don't make mistakes like this again!
Quote:>>"#90 - I don't understand why these changes? If you suggest something complex like this an explanation might help. (my >>lynx solution takes 8 seconds

If it only takes 8 seconds then you aren't playing the whole level and it seems to be a bust. Don't tell me you are that good that you can actually get the chip from behind the teeth!! Or maybe that is the intended solution? It takes me 100 seconds to push the blocks and get the chip in the upper right section. The flippers cannot be reached, so that side is omitted from gameplay.

It's possible - I managed to do it in MS on an older version of the level where the hint was two spaces down. Didn't know it was still possible in Lynx, though.