March 2013 - Treasure Hunt Competition
Alright guys! Thanks to J.B., we got the results in! Here they are!

[treasure collected] + [points from time remaining] = total score

M11k4: 234 + 52 = 286
jblewis: 237 + 48 = 285
Jupey95: 127 + 5 = 132
random 8: 2 + 79 = 81
Minus3K2: 76 + 1 = 77

Congrats M11K4! Slight smile
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
So I pretty much made the silliest mistake ever in this level and wasted a bunch of time pushing blocks in the water just to get that one red key in the SE room. Plus, I wasn't even close to the optimal method in the final room, choosing instead to wait for each teeth to go on the FFs before moving further. Oh, well - it was close!
And JB keeps the streak going! Smiley I uploaded my solution for others to see too, as well as the pieguy's winning entry from last month.

If there is interest in seeing more entries than just the winners, holler and we'll try to accommodate. Remember also to always check the Chip Cup thread for the most recent Chip Cup standings. Like right now it's pretty interesting with JB taking top spot just ahead of random 8, while pieguy is obviously not far behind. Who'll be on top as the other competitions from this month come to an end??

-Miika
I should really pay more attention to contest deadlines...for some reason I always just assume I have until the end of the month. Anyway, the green key at 15,20 can be picked up if you push a block north from 9,23 with the 4 teeth providing the necessary slide delay to push the block through the ice corner.
Quote:[T]he green key at 15,20 can be picked up if you push a block north from 9,23 with the 4 teeth providing the necessary slide delay to push the block through the ice corner.

But is it worth the trouble? You have to grab one of the 5 blocks by the 10 yellow keys (unless i missed something).
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
Consider this, though: if that block is used after getting a green key, much of the SE portion of the level can be cleared while bringing it around. Ultimately, the green key offers 5 points, which is worth 15 seconds, so it could be worth it with a killer route.
Would be interesting to see such a route.
Quote:Consider this, though: if that block is used after getting a green key, much of the SE portion of the level can be cleared while bringing it around. Ultimately, the green key offers 5 points, which is worth 15 seconds, so it could be worth it with a killer route.

A green key is needed to get the block out of that area anyway, as well as getting the teeth on the force floors for slide delay.
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam