Too hard for CCLP1?
My personal opinion is that CCLP1 should be very easy. It would be much quicker to complete and spark more interest in trying out more levels. If you look back at CC1, the levels are not really hard, though some are a bit long and maybe monotonous. I would also not want to see any monotonous levels in CCLP1, as the gaming climate is very different than it was twenty five years ago. However, ease and simplicity do not mean the levels can't be clever and interesting. When voting time arrives, I won't be trying to vote for the levels that I like to play the most myself, but the ones I would hope to lure newer players to stay in the community.
I agree (even with what I said about including some harder, though not devilishly difficult levels). My main concern right now is that we've got so many difficult levels up for consideration that the staff will almost certainly need to make some tough decisions about what to keep and what to toss post-voting.

I completely hear you on monotony. One of the biggest surprises that has come out of playing Chuck's Challenge is that many of the levels are incredibly tiny, though this is partially due to the feasibility of playing a larger level on a mobile device. (I'm trying to push for the PC version to have larger stock levels!) But besides that, we're also living in an on-the-go world where a level like "On the Rocks" just won't fly. This is why I've been tending to enjoy puzzles with obvious objectives and campaign levels that, if long, flow smoothly with few surprises.
Perhaps some hints and tips in form of decade messages (or death messages, I don't remember) appearing in harder levels could help the newer players to solve it? Just an idea.
Teeth  Teeth  Teeth  
Teeth  Chip Win  Teeth  
Teeth   Teeth  Teeth
Quote:My personal opinion is that CCLP1 should be very easy. It would be much quicker to complete and spark more interest in trying out more levels. If you look back at CC1, the levels are not really hard, though some are a bit long and maybe monotonous. I would also not want to see any monotonous levels in CCLP1, as the gaming climate is very different than it was twenty five years ago. However, ease and simplicity do not mean the levels can't be clever and interesting. When voting time arrives, I won't be trying to vote for the levels that I like to play the most myself, but the ones I would hope to lure newer players to stay in the community.

Hold on now! Level 131 should be hard. And level 81 should be a brain teaser type level
MY WEAPON SUCKS!
Hold on now - no one ever said that there wouldn't be any hard levels in CCLP1 at all. Slight smile
Quote:Hold on now! Level 131 should be hard. And level 81 should be a brain teaser type level

These over reactions seriously must stop...
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Remember one thing: We will all inevitably have something we don't like about CCLP1. The idea is to make something good for new players, and we all have our own idea on how best to do it. We will end up finding a satisfying middle ground, but it means we all will in some way not get *exactly* what we want.

So, play nice.
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
Oh man, politics!
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
No, that would be if both sides of an argument crossed their arms and said the number of levels in CCLP1 will be reduced 30% if they don't get exactly what they want.

Politics are painful. What we want is civil discussion. These two are not the same.
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
Every unreasonable debate means politics to me Wink
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow