Pointless CC Trivia Thread
The "corrupted" version of SPIRALS is the original -- at some point before BOWEP Microsoft realized that it was pretty much unsolvable and took out the thin wall near the end. In Lynx TileWorld (and I supposed in Atari Lynx) the walkers sometimes pick a "bad" direction and don't move -- MS works differently making them much more aggressive.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Quote:In CC1's GRAIL (level 54), there are three ways to exit, using either a green, red, or yellow key. There is also a blue door, but no blue key exists on the level.
Quote:I had no idea.....
In Lynx, to reach the red door Chip needs to use a partial post, making this the first level utilizing the concept.

Quote:The "corrupted" version of SPIRALS is the original -- at some point before BOWEP Microsoft realized that it was pretty much unsolvable and took out the thin wall near the end. In Lynx TileWorld (and I supposed in Atari Lynx) the walkers sometimes pick a "bad" direction and don't move -- MS works differently making them much more aggressive.
Just to clarify, the first WEP4 version was corrupt, but the BOWEP version was not. However, someone at some point mentioned in the past that they only had WEP4 and their version was not corrupt, so it's possible the change came very soon after the first release.
Uncookable levels in CCLP2:

1. A Fleeting Memory

2. Naomi's Bug Collection

3. Slightly Mad

4. Maze of One Way

5. Mazed In

6. The Serial Port

7. The Parallel Port

8. Elemental

9. Ranger Denmark

10. Sudden Death

11. Race for the Chip

12. Work Fast

13. Frozen Floors

14. Chase Race

15. The Big Button Quest

16. Spy

17. Fun House Rink

18. Breaking the Rules

19. Hurry Up, Chip!

20. An Then There Were...Four?

21. The Lake In Winter

22. Planet of the Teeth

23. Icy Moat

24. Jungle

25. Loop Holes

26. Hobgoblins and Chimera

27. Killer Spiral

28. Mads Rush II

29. Fire Bugs

30. Cra-zy

31. Frost Swirl

32. The Walker Machine

33. Tutti-Frutti

34. Loop

35. Torch

36. Joyride I

37. Oorto Gled II

38. Paramecia

39. Dodge!

40. Miscellaneous

41. Gauntlet
My CC Newsgroup Account: daud2001

My Wikia Account: Daud2001
Quote:Just to clarify, the first WEP4 version was corrupt, but the BOWEP version was not. However, someone at some point mentioned in the past that they only had WEP4 and their version was not corrupt, so it's possible the change came very soon after the first release.
I can confirm this. My copy comes from WEP4 and it has the non-evil Spirals.

On-topic trivia: Goldkey and Pain have the same password except reversed and oh god everyone already knows this one

I suck at trivia.
In the CC1 level, STRANGE MAZE, there is only one "removable" wall-acting thing: the chip sockets (and this could be advantaged for a better time).
Glider
First chipster ever reported to fill ON THE ROCKS with blocks.

HASHLEVELS.dat (49 CC1 levels)
No level 145 in Lynx CC, so there's really just 148 levels. In MSCC, it's credits for porting the Lynx CC to the MS version we know today. But, in Lynx, entering a password brings up a cool effect thing. Some consider that hidden easter egg the true Level 145 in Lynx, odd enough.

Walkers are the biggest jerks in MSCC, moreso then in lynx and I WILL ****ING BEAT UP WHOEVER THOUGHT THAT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO THE POINT I CAN DRINK THEIR BLOOD AND BE CONSIDERED THE NEW ****IN' DRACULA, *****!

...And I made a CC Tee in AC:NL.
Sewiouswy, Pom-Pom, whewe is that CCLP4 I so want?

~Chipwoodstock
Chip Win
Quote:Walkers are the biggest jerks in MSCC, moreso then in lynx and I WILL ****ING BEAT UP WHOEVER THOUGHT THAT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO THE POINT I CAN DRINK THEIR BLOOD AND BE CONSIDERED THE NEW ****IN' DRACULA, *****!

Quote:...
My thoughts exactly. This got very dark all of a sudden... I guess now wouldn't be a good time to profess my love of walkers? Smiley
CC1: 5,954,550 (completed)
--- CCLP1: 5,989,110 (completed)
--- CCLP2: 5,936,410 (148 levels completed)
--- CCLP3: 1,223,887 (a few levels completed)

My levelset JRB_CCLP1.ccl
Quote:In the CC1 level, STRANGE MAZE, there is only one "removable" wall-acting thing: the chip sockets (and this could be advantaged for a better time).
Except the TWS already does that. I know coz I just tried w/o looking at it, til after I solved the level.
There is more than one way to pick up the keys in Lesson 1 and still score the bold time.