Stupid cooks.
It would not have happened if I had not been attempting to optimize it. It doesn't happen when you're trying to beat the level normally.
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
Yep, this is a double post. Totally worth it, because of this:

[Image: d3nWX.png]

It doesn't look so bad, until you realize you need to get a block through that.
It's been almost a month with no posts in this thread? Slight frown

I must fix that. Because this cook is *priceless*. What are the odds of this? One in a million?

[Image: GRFVv.png]
Quote:It's been almost a month with no posts in this thread? Slight frown

I must fix that. Because this cook is *priceless*. What are the odds of this? One in a million?

LOL. Nice one.
ZK1 / ZK2 / ZK3 / ZK3: Abandoned / ZK4 / ZK5

Bronze / Silver / Gold
Couldn't you hurry up and push the block up 1 space to prevent the fireball from drowning, then press the brown button yourself to release the blob, and hope it wanders into the water or out of the room without colliding with you or the fireball? The level may not be cooked yet...

But still, that's pretty ridiculous what happened there. Was this bad luck or did you let this happen on purpose?
Yes, I could have salvaged it with some luck if I was not busy laughing my arse off.

It was pure, random, dumb luck.
Quote:It's been almost a month with no posts in this thread? Slight frown

WOW. Just. Wow.

This is seriously amazing stuff. Nothing can beat this. Thumbs up
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Quote:Couldn't you hurry up and push the block up 1 space to prevent the fireball from drowning, then press the brown button yourself to release the blob, and hope it wanders into the water or out of the room without colliding with you or the fireball? The level may not be cooked yet...
Quote:Yes, I could have salvaged it with some luck if I was not busy laughing my arse off.
But it still wasn't guaranteed to be cooked...

Surely you tried releasing the blob, hoping that it would wander onto the trap button?

(And even if not, there was still one blob spare...)

And would perfect co-operation from a blob be able to beat the bold route?

- Madhav.
Quote:But it still wasn't guaranteed to be cooked...

Surely you tried releasing the blob, hoping that it would wander onto the trap button?

(And even if not, there was still one blob spare...)

And would perfect co-operation from a blob be able to beat the bold route?

- Madhav.

No, I was too busy laughing. So when the fireball hit the trap button it moved left and down and then meandered around for a moment and killed me.

Someone should test if this can beat the bold route on a derandomized setup.
Quote:Someone should test if this can beat the bold route on a derandomized setup.

I don't think it would...it only takes 8 extra steps to get the block into position (as opposed to heading straight to the trap), and the blob wouldn't be able to follow Chip and hit the button quicker than that... Unless you have to wait a while for the fireball to come back around (I'm not familiar with the timing of the bold route), but it still seems like the blob would still be slower... How long had you been in the final room before the blob made it to the trap?
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels