Books You Should Read
I assume most of you have read the classics (as in Flatland, Stranger in a Strange Land, Dune and Necromancer). Here are some books you must read before you die:

Godel Escher Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid by Douglas Hofstadter

Chaos: Making a New Science by James Glieck

A Canticle for Leibowitz by Walter M. Miller, Jr.

Miracles by C. S. Lewis

What are your recommendations?
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
The complete Harry Potter series! Thumbs up (Y) Thumbs up

Also A Series of Unfortunate Events is a pretty good series of 13 books Wink
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Undressing The Moon - Tammy Greenwood. Most beautiful book ever written. Frankly, most of the classics don't do it for me (exceptions: Catcher, Huck Finn, Tom Sawyer, Tolstoy stuff, Ender's Game).
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
His Dark Materials trilogy (AKA The Golden Compass and its sequels)

Also, House of the Scorpion
I'm all over the Interwebs! Just ask for my name on any given site, and if I'm there, I'll let you know!
If you're not too xenophobic and don't mind the slightly questionable English-Chinese translations in places, I recommend the Romance of the Three Kingdoms novels. They've been translated and reproduced in loads of versions since the original Chinese print by Luo Guanzhong in 1300-and-something, so some might be better translated than others.

For your more 'traditional' classics, go for anything by Orwell, Conrad or Bradbury. My choices would probably be Nineteen Eighty-Four, Heart Of Darkness and Fahrenheit 451 respectively.
CC1: 5,954,550 (completed)
--- CCLP1: 5,989,110 (completed)
--- CCLP2: 5,936,410 (148 levels completed)
--- CCLP3: 1,223,887 (a few levels completed)

My levelset JRB_CCLP1.ccl
Pretty much everything above. Currently I have been reading the Maze Runner series, and boy does it freak me out but it's also really fun. It starts out quite naturalistic, then becomes more technological as the story goes on and the environment everyone lives in appears to be fake.
All 8 of the Artemis Fowl books. They're all just epic Thumbs up

However, it may take a long time to get a hold of book 8. It just came out less than a week ago...
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
Catch-22.
[Image: 51ckt0FQMvL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]
ZK1 / ZK2 / ZK3 / ZK3: Abandoned / ZK4 / ZK5

Bronze / Silver / Gold
Quote:All 8 of the Artemis Fowl books. They're all just epic Thumbs up

However, it may take a long time to get a hold of book 8. It just came out less than a week ago...

+1, which one is your favourite? I think mine is probably The Opal Deception, or The Eternity Code. Have you ever tried translating all the funky runes on the bottom of each page? Pretty cool imo.

#8 is in the post for me (:
CC1: 5,954,550 (completed)
--- CCLP1: 5,989,110 (completed)
--- CCLP2: 5,936,410 (148 levels completed)
--- CCLP3: 1,223,887 (a few levels completed)

My levelset JRB_CCLP1.ccl