Why would anyone ever use Bing?
...it's the default search engine for IE at my school, and IE's the default browser. I was in a rush, so rather than dig around for Firefox, I just used Bing/IE.

What a wretched experience. If you've ever used Bing, you know that I don't need to elaborate further on this point.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
I used Yahoo for a while, probably long after Yahoo wasn't cool anymore Tongue, but now I almost always use Google for my searching. (I still have Yahoo as my home page, but that's just for a quick look at the top stories...)

Until today, I haven't seen much of Bing except in IE9 when it automatically searches what you typed in the address bar if you mistype an URL or leave off the HTTP (kind of an annoying "feature", at least in the case of leaving off the HTTP - I was used to being able to leave it off in previous IE's...). After looking at it today, though, I don't really see anything too terrible about it... I don't know how much of a difference there really is between the top search engines; I'd probably rank Google the best, with the rest (Yahoo, Bing, maybe even Ask?) tied for second...
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
Maybe if they're on some kind of device that makes Bing default, or they're some kind of fan of Microsoft. People who were disappointed in Google lately might use Bing, although I think the hip alternative for Google with regard to simplicity and functionality for search is Duck Duck Go.
Well, the results I got with Bing were crap. You could tell that they were particularly commerce-driven (the ads plastered all over the interface also tend to give this impression). I have similar problems with Yahoo.

I'm no fan of Google's recent policies, but as far as information retrieval goes, you still can't beat them. I know Firefox also has the "default search if you don't type a URL into the address bar" feature...I dunno, I'm sort of fond of it, even if there IS a box off to the side for that express purpose...

I like the way Duck Duck Go automatically loads more results as you scroll down.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
I use Bing and Yahoo. I do not like google very muich.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Bing sucks. Google all the way Thumbs up
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Quote:Bing sucks. Google all the way Thumbs up

[Image: 7a416d1ec2510a77145b032f0a6be7fa56d23c40.gif][Image: 7a416d1ec2510a77145b032f0a6be7fa56d23c40.gif][Image: 7a416d1ec2510a77145b032f0a6be7fa56d23c40.gif][Image: 7a416d1ec2510a77145b032f0a6be7fa56d23c40.gif][Image: 7a416d1ec2510a77145b032f0a6be7fa56d23c40.gif]

Quote:I use Bing and Yahoo. I do not like google very muich.

[Image: why_would_you_do_that.jpg]
With a name like Bing, how can you take it seriously?
'I made 1,000 levels once.' - Jacques

It reminds me of the old Southwest Airlines commercial....Bing! You are now free to move about the country.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Quote:With a name like Bing, how can you take it seriously?

Well, the names Google and Yahoo don't exactly scream professionalism either... Smiley
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels