Levels with dirty tricks
Quote:What about CCLP2 Level 108?

^This
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Quote:What about CCLP2 Level 108?

Listing all the CCLP2 levels with nasty tricks would tax even the patience of someone who didn't mind "On The Rocks." Wink
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Quote:Listing all the CCLP2 levels with nasty tricks would tax even the patience of someone who didn't mind "On The Rocks." Wink

Block Away! (21) was the 1st CCLP2 level I noticed with nasty lock/trap combinations at the end.

The Lake in Winter (51) is my 2nd least favorite level in that set because it's just a more complexed version of Icedeath, except no death, more guesswork.

Chips on the Blocks (62) was just ridiculous.

Chip Search (74) Hidden traps under floor = RAGE

Exit Chip (93) the whole level is about dirty tricks + perfect lucky timing.

Tricks (108) just has a bunch of things under blocks. I actually quite liked it, considering it only took me 10 minutes to solve.

Blocked Trap (109) does have the nasty lock/trap combos again, but isn't that bad. Solved it blind in 11 minutes.

After the Rainstorm (112) just has the ram but everyone should know that and how to execute it by now.

Teeth (119) there's that bit at the end where you have to be in a certain step in order not to get killed by the last tooth monster. I hated that.

BlockSlide (123) = SLIDE DELAY

Frozen Birdbath (130) I hated. My least favorite of the set.

Chomper Romp (142) appearing walls at the end, WITH teeth monster dodging? I don't think so.

Run-A-Muck (146) Famous for it's mis-wired trap connections at the beginning and making me rage.

Did I miss anything? Slight smile
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Quote:Listing all the CCLP2 levels with nasty tricks would tax even the patience of someone who didn't mind "On The Rocks." Wink

I have made a list of all the official levels that contain what is imo guesswork. CCLP2 has a whopping 42 of them. (30.6% of all CCLP2 levels)

4 - Force World, 21 - Block Away!, 22 - How Goes, 24 - Sudden Death, 26 - Work Fast, 33 - The Big Button Quest, 34 - Cypher II, 35 - Mirror, 44 - Fun House Rink, 46 - Hurry Up, Chip!, 47 - Telerooms, 56 - Planet of the Teeth, 62 - Chips on the Blocks, 65 - Beware of the Teeth!, 67 - The One Sensible Chip, 69 - So Many Chips!, 72 - Checkerboard I, 74 - Chip Search, 78 - The Search for the Exit, 79 - Cra-zy, 81 - Just Enough, 84 - Crypts of Aganorak, 89 - The Ghetto Defender, 93 - Exit chip, 101 - Hard as Rock, 102 - Chip's Fight, 104 - Pyramid, 108 - Tricks, 109 - Blocked Trap, 112 - After the Rainstorm, 118 - High Security, 119 - Teeth, 130 - Frozen Birdbath, 131 - Time Bomb, 133 - Block Maze, 135 - Zartacla, 140 - Keep Trying, 142 - Chomper Romp, 143 - Trapped, 144 - Wormwood, 145 - Gauntlet, 146 - Run-a-Muck

I hope I haven't missed any.
Umm you missed 51 - The Lake in Winter

If your gonna list 44, you have to list 51.

Quote:35 - Mirror, 133 - Block Maze

How do those 2 have guesswork?
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

I'm mightily impressed with the both of you. Slight smile

You could probably extend the definition of "dirty tricks" to include more than just guesswork, but I think it's telling that so many levels are saddled with guesswork...I wonder what a CC1 list would look like? (I'm too lazy to do it myself, but for some reason, the hot blocks in Special and Block & Roll don't taint my view of the set the way so many CCLP2 levels do...)
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Quote:Umm you missed 51 - The Lake in Winter

If your gonna list 44, you have to list 51.

How do those 2 have guesswork?

To me, guesswork is only really guesswork if it causes a cook or death.

35 - Whoops, I didn't notice that you can window shop the way to the exit and figure out that you need to get there last. I originally put it on the list because it's impossible to window shop the red key.

133 - the hot block at (7,22). Since you need to push between rooms and that block is pretty close by, you might use it. Fire block
Well with that time limit of 450 on 51, you can die Tongue

I didn't know there was a hot block in 133. Thumbs up

Also the location of the red key, you can get out safely. Just saying Slight smile
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Level 72 of my upcoming levelset. It'll possibly take an hour.
ZK1 / ZK2 / ZK3 / ZK3: Abandoned / ZK4 / ZK5

Bronze / Silver / Gold
I'm not going to make it, but imaging a level with one block cloner, a lot of water, and a lot of thin walls. It could take a lonnnnng time to finish.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan