How did you like The Hunger Games?
Went to see it last night. Haven't read the books so the content was new.

I thought the Katniss actress did a very good job. Beyond that, this was pretty much a combination of other books and movies I've read. Even the "fight to the death" part was in a book from the 70s.

Still, I can see the appeal.

I really didn't like how much shaky camera work there was, though.

What did you think?
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Never seen the film, but I couldn't get into the book. I really wanted to...I should probably give it another shot.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Haven't seen it yet, but I'd like to read the book first.
It absolutely did not meet my expectations. I read the book and absolutely loved it, but the movie did not bring anything new or more exciting to the story. Some things were even cut out that I was hoping would be addressed in the movie. Overall, it seemed the producers slacked off on the special effects and cut corners in order to make it easier to film.

I was also surprised at how unattractive Katniss seemed. I expected her to be really hot... God what the heck am I saying.

I recommend just reading the book, and enjoying the story in its original form. Then, watch the Minecraft series on YouTube, Mindcrack Ultra Hardcore Season 3 which is basically 8 players placed in a 2000x2000 block area and they must fight until one remains. It's the same concept as the Hunger Games but filmed from the perspectives of all 8 players. You can find this series here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY8i7xAdc...bkXfmd4Ww=
It was very in-the-middle for me. It needed more blood and violence without a doubt, but it was aimed at a teen audience. Thumbs down
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
I personally don't like blood much, but it could have used more action and dramatic events linked more closely together.
I'm gonna see it in a few days. Everyone says the books are great but sadly I'm not much of a reader...
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
I didn't feel sad or have any emotional connection with any of the characters. That was my biggest problem with this movie, and perhaps the most predictable ending too. Nobody saw THAT coming! Rolling eyes
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
OK that's enough spoilers for me Thumbs up
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Quote:perhaps the most predictable ending too. Nobody saw THAT coming! Rolling eyes

I've gotta say, in my advancing years (cough), predictible endings no longer bother me as much as they used to. Maybe it's because some people go so out of their way to make non-predictible endings that now even the most out-of-left-field ending is predictible (blame M. Night Shalyman for this one, perhaps).
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.