If your life were a video game...
RUM WINS!
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
I used to swear by tequila, but I do think that, at this point in my life, rum is pretty much the ultimate.

Of course, what I like and what I actually drink are two different things. I'm a cheap vodka guy.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Rum is so tasty. Vodka is a last resort (but I do drink it.)
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Cheap rum tastes like bad vodka. And being a poor grad student, I live off of cheap vodka. Good rum is an indulgence I can no longer afford.

That said, I agree: good rum is delightfully tasty. Far better than whiskey, which is rather overrated.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Believe it or not, I have never tried Whiskey. I currently have Gin (ick), Rum, Triple Sec, Brandy, Vodka, Irish Cream, Kahlua, Buttershots, Peachtree and Hot Damn. Plus some beer. As you can tell, I'm not a poor college student (although I was for six years.)

Lest you get the wrong idea, I don't drink every day, and I don't drink to excess (typically one drink per hour is my limit.) But I am a grown up and I drink what I want.

I understand the cheap vodka -- vodka is pretty tasteless.

I'm partial to Jamaican rum, which is a little pricey.
You're not missing that much without whiskey. I'm with you on the Gin being icky. I dig the Irish Cream, but that's something that my budget doesn't permit. Ditto for "Caribbean" rum (don't know if that's anything like Jamaican rum).

Not fond of mixers, though, for the most part...that's what OJ and cranberry juice are for.

I wouldn't judge you if you did drink every day, and to excess. I wouldn't trust anyone who DID judge you for that.
It's cold today, so I put vodka in my hot chocolate.
Oh dear. How did that turn out?
I'm very calm. It wasn't that much vodka.

Also, the puppies are climbing on me, which helps with the coldness.
I was referring more to the taste.

Though I would be interested in hearing reports regarding what you act like when you're intoxicated.