How to combine level sets easily?
What's the simplest way to choose levels from several sets and combine them into a new set?

I recall someone throwing the idea around that an editor could have thumbnails of the levels, so the levels could be dragged around to change the level order, or copying levels between sets, but I guess this never was implemented anywhere.

I guess there's no (public) tool for combining solutions from several tws files either?
CCEdit can allow you copy/cut/paste swaths of levels from one set to another, but it's mighty cumbersome. It also allows drag-and-drop sorting too, also cumbersome.
I'm doing this for JCCLP, by putting many levels from my 3 JoshL sets into one, also creating new levels.

It's tedious work yes but I don't think there is an easier way to do it sadly...
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Quote:I recall someone throwing the idea around that an editor could have thumbnails of the levels, so the levels could be dragged around to change the level order, or copying levels between sets, but I guess this never was implemented anywhere.

That's a good idea....unfortunately it's not that simple yet... When making MikeL3 and the unreleased ML1, I just manually looked through MikeL2 and MikeLrejects for levels to include...

Quote:I guess there's no (public) tool for combining solutions from several tws files either?

It looks like the "solex" tool could be used for something like this, although it sounds like it still involves some manual editing too:

http://www.muppetlabs.com/~breadbox/soft...nload.html
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
I thought C4 has this functionality, but it's been a while since I've used it.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Quote:I thought C4 has this functionality, but it's been a while since I've used it.
I thought c4 just did level editing, but I could be wrong...

edit - Whoops, I thought you were talking about the TWS solution combining - never mind... Tongue Although I guess my original message still applies to combining levels from multiple sets too..
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
I am currently writing a bunch of utilities for handling Tile World files. I've already written one that creates DAC files without having to open an editor or write anything, and I'm soon going to start working on one that would "clean" a TWS file by rearranging the segments so that they don't appear out of order, and removing segments that refer to levels that don't exist, etc. A utility which allowed interactive merging of TWS files solutions into a single new TWS file would be interesting.
Sorry to talk about two different things in the same thread. How silly of me to think that it might be possible Tongue

The reason I'd like to combine solutions from several tws files is that I like keeping more than one (not all) solutions to a level, like from CCLP3. This is quite easy to do in TW2 (thanks Madhav), but the result is that my best scores are spread out into more than one file. So if there was a tool for this, it should be possible to pick which solutions to combine from which files. Currently solex allows me to extract solutions that are in the same file, but not use solutions from several files.

Using C4 to combine levels from several sets doesn't sound much simpler than doing it in CCEdit. Perhaps if the goal was to get most of my levels into one set, it would be a good place to start, but if I just want to move a few levels around, it would be nice to have a more visual tool.

Thanks for all the help!
Quote:The reason I'd like to combine solutions from several tws files is that I like keeping more than one (not all) solutions to a level, like from CCLP3. This is quite easy to do in TW2 (thanks Madhav), but the result is that my best scores are spread out into more than one file.

The ability to select a different TWS solution file was there in TW1 as well.

I had nothing to do with it. Tongue

- Madhav.
Modesty ^^

But yeah, with levels, I keep two instances of CCDesign opened at the same time, and Copy/Paste levels manually with the keyboard shortcut. That's not incredibly long, but I understand that doing that with a greater number of levels would be harsh and tedious.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow