Packaged Create Competition Levels
This is the thread where we'll put the levels from the create competitions after they've been judged and the results released. These levels will be packaged as a small set, month to month.

It is worth noting the creators of these levels can use them.

Disclamer: If there's an mistake, bust, unsolvability or other form of error in one of these levels for any reason, don't yell at me for it - but we can probably find a way to let the creator fix them, because (if I recall) the creator still has ownership of the level.

January 2012
February 2012
March 2012
April 2012
September 2012
Halloween 2012
Christmas 2012
February 2013
March 2013
April 2013
January 2014

Valentine's 2014

February 2014

Future months will be added in chronological order.

Also note that the Goodie Bag has most of these levels in it.
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
I would have thought that these should stay as is, so people can see the exact entries for the competitions. On the other hand, I see the point of making the levels better for others to enjoy. Oddly enough, it seems my entry has a small mistake in it that I thought I fixed before submitting but apparently didn't. There should be a western thin wall at [13,14].

Why have separate sets for each month? Why not call this one CCZcreate2012.dat and add the rest of the levels from this year into the same set. This would be much easier for everyone. In any case, nice to see this published.
Thanks for the release! It is a little premature to release the whole year's set of competitions, but I like the idea of combining them at the end of the year and then deleting the original level set components from the site.

Ian

PS. Oh Oh! My entry, No. 3, Volcano, is busted in MS. My volcano doesn't erupt! It works fine in Lynx mode, and I thought I had tested thoroughly in MS, but alas, my mind lets me down again. sigh. I'll post a fix later.
Quote:I would have thought that these should stay as is, so people can see the exact entries for the competitions. On the other hand, I see the point of making the levels better for others to enjoy. Oddly enough, it seems my entry has a small mistake in it that I thought I fixed before submitting but apparently didn't. There should be a western thin wall at [13,14].

Why have separate sets for each month? Why not call this one CCZcreate2012.dat and add the rest of the levels from this year into the same set. This would be much easier for everyone. In any case, nice to see this published.
Published a month after we intended to Tongue

Well, we can always upload a "fixed" version of the set and keep the normal version. Say, CCZCreateJan2012_original and CCZCreateJan2012_fixed ~~ level sets are not large enough for the bandwidth to be an issue, I think.

I suppose we could combine them all into a set for the year, but I'd like to have more discussion on it before we go ahead and do something like that.
I say we should keep the original and allow the fixed versions to be published in a separate set as well, like Lessinath's suggestion.

If we are to add the whole year up to make one set, I say we should still leave the months alone for those who want them as is. More sets, but more possibilities for people to get exactly what they want.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
My entry from last month is impossible to beat actually. Most be why I got last place Tongue

I too like this idea also Slight smile
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Quote:My entry from last month is impossible to beat actually. Most be why I got last place Tongue

I too like this idea also Slight smile

Yeah, it is why you got last place. By the looks of it, if it had been solvable it probably would have netted second.
It would be interesting to hear any commentary on the levels from those that reviewed them. I mean like when the results were published, but I guess now's not too late either.

How about keep these monthly sets as the ones that were submitted, and then create one for the year with any fixes? There should be a clear format for the names of the monthly sets, and of course the yearly set does not need to wait until the end of the year because it can be updated with new levels as we go. If you want to spread the work load of doing all this, I'd be glad to help out.
Quote:It would be interesting to hear any commentary on the levels from those that reviewed them. I mean like when the results were published, but I guess now's not too late either.

First, there's a lot of ideas here so I'm going to break up this post. I'm willing to post commentary on it, and I think it would help make figuring out why people placed where easier and less arbitrary. This is a good thing.

Quote:How about keep these monthly sets as the ones that were submitted, and then create one for the year with any fixes?

This is a good idea and I approve this message.

Quote:There should be a clear format for the names of the monthly sets,

Indeed - there is, I just forgot to put it in my post. I think we should stick to this format, because it contains the important bits (the level name and who made it) without too much clutter.

Quote:and of course the yearly set does not need to wait until the end of the year because it can be updated with new levels as we go.

This is true. But we'd want at least two months in it, or it would be silly.

Quote:If you want to spread the work load of doing all this, I'd be glad to help out.

This last bit isn't my call, but I'd be ok with it.