JoshL2
Oh didn't notice that! Thanks for letting me know!

Yeah there are some difficult levels in this set, but this is my main one, which has a lot of variety when it comes to difficulty. JoshL3 is my hardest set, and JoshL1 can be considered my easiest I guess. It's more of a pathetic set to be honest lol.

Would be nice to hear some feedback on your experience with the levels too Slight smile
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
I've only played about a fifth of the levels. (I don't have a lot of free time, so I only played levels that looked easy and/or short.) I'll comment on some of my experiences with some of the more interesting levels, along with my times for them.

#28 Secondary Shifting (351/650 seconds) -- A fun and different take on block pushing. This level forced me to suppress my instincts not to push blocks to locations where I can't retrieve them right away.

#62 Closed Track (137/300 seconds) -- A good puzzle that wasn't too difficult. The end confused me, though, until I went into a teleport, found a force floor under the block, went back, and slid into the exit without even meaning to.

#70 Frozen Labyrinth (336/600) -- A highly original concept for a maze. Made all the more interesting by the fact that there are a couple -- just a couple! -- of places where you actually can slide across the ice for a shortcut. I don't know if you intended these mini-shortcuts (one vertical one near the right side a bit less than halfway down and one tiny horizontal one 3-5 spaces left of the socket) but I think they actually add to the experience of playing the level (by rewarding alert and/or curious players) rather than take away from it. In any case, I would vote this level for CCLP1.

#74 Explosives (684/800) -- This level was both shorter and more interesting than I expected. After playing it for awhile, I discovered that it has the surprising property that half of the bombs are impossible to destroy unless you visit the bottom-right corner and use a block from there to get them "started." Unfortunately, I was able to solve the level without visiting the bottom-right corner at all. I say "unfortunately" because I think it would have been a more enjoyable and challenging puzzle if you had required double-bridging to reach the exit, which would require the player to notice and take advantage of the property I described above.

#83 No Turning Back (380/400) -- After the update--while I have never before seen the tile combination you used in this level, the concept of "no turning back" doesn't really exist anymore--if you take the wrong path, you can just turn around and try a different one.

#95 Mega Blocks (389/900) -- Looks really hard, but is rather straightforward. I will admit to (ab)using block slapping to get rid of the bomb under the block because its presence was making me feel nervous. I also got pancaked at the one point in the fire/water/ice room where you have to push the block, follow it without being able to see where it landed, then instantly step out of the way after pushing it. On the other hand, I did have a moment of extreme skill: at the end, I accidentally cloned one too many Glider s, yet I managed to snag the 3rd-to-last chip with perfect timing from the Glider that was stuck in the little area next to it.

#112 Ocean Currents (242/500) -- A challenging and original puzzle. The only things I didn't like about it were that it was hard to tell where to go next at some points and there was very little leeway with regard to stepping off the force floors at some points.

#114 Jungle Rumble (290/450) -- A nice easy level for its location in the set. This was fun to play and seemed like it would go nicely into CCLP1.

#123 Revisiting the Prison (232/300) -- This one took me a few tries and was harder than it looked. I got cornered a lot because the nine teeth kept splitting up when they encountered obstacles, coming at me from both directions. It was an enjoyable level, another worthy CCLP1 candidate.

All in all, this set contains a large variety of creative ideas. The only issue I have with it is that about an eighth of the levels (6, 7, 15, 24, and 69, for instance) seem like they belong significantly later in the set, while others (70, 78, 113, 114, 117, 118, and 121, for example) seem like they belong much earlier based on their difficulty.
The difficulty of the set is randomized, which I highly prefer than something like how CCLP3 is. There are a good 5-8 simple levels towards the end of the set.

@62: The ending is weird I will admit. It's intended to be a "dafuq?" moment to players lol.

@70: This is one of my levels EVERYONE in the community seems to really love and claim it's the best maze ever. I did in fact purposely leave in those shortcuts, mainly for optimizers and searching for the bold of the level. Your reasoning also makes sense to non-optimizers as well! Glad that you loved it!

@83: Hmm...didn't realize the level title has absolutely no meaning anymore. I guess what I can do is just add force floors one tile past every block in their respective pushing directions, to re-add the guesswork. Thanks again for pointing this out. **FIXED**

@95: That was a good last minute save towards the end!

@114: Very fun indeed. Also is one of the few nonlinear levels of my creation Slight smile

@123: Was designed with CCLP1 in mind.

Glad to see your enjoying the set Slight smile
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

[Image: ATRwo.png]

EPIC FAIL!
(No, there aren't any cloned teeth left to bust me out of here.)
LOL! That can happen sometimes xD
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

I was about to create a level called "Jungle Rumble" for my set...I had no idea the title was used here already! Great minds think alike. Slight smile
Quote:I was about to create a level called "Jungle Rumble" for my set...I had no idea the title was used here already! Great minds think alike. Slight smile

Josh, did you take the title of Jungle Rumble from Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex? Because I literally just bought that game again and played that level Thumbs up
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
I got it from Frogger (PS1). Slight smile
Quote:I got it from Frogger (PS1). Slight smile

Oh man, I loved that game. I ought to name a level after one of its levels too.
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
UNCANNY. CRUSHER.