Chris Elsby's Tile World patches
I wouldn't support allowing full map viewing during gameplay due to the potential for cheating, but part of me wouldn't be totally against allowing full-map solution playback - a main reason being that Shmuel's solution program that was in limited circulation showed the solutions with the full map, so if a version of TW had it, at least everyone would be on equal footing. Slight smile
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
I like the idea of full-map playback. Not on my laptop screen, probably, but still, there are occasions (3144 for example) where it might be nice to see everything.

And, as I said, TW is a great platform to create a whole new game with all kinds of cool features. Internet co-op anyone?
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
I'll do it, dave
I found a way to enable the full map view without using the patch file, and it still works with Tile World 1.3.2. I haven't tested it with the 2.x series, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Download the source code. In the subdirectory oshw-sdl, there is a file sdlout.c. You should find these two lines of code:

Code:
#define NXTILES  9
#define NYTILES  9

Replace 9 with 32 in both cases, and compile.

As already mentioned, the default tileset is way too large and the Tile World window will be larger than most monitors. You will have to use a smaller tileset.

Here is a demonstration with Cloner's Maze in Lynx:

CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
With that being said, I was able to record Tile World with a size larger than my screen via OBS. The offscreen sections of Tile World still rendered, just to points that didn't exist but OBS could still pick up. I would post my example, but it's Grand Prix 574 and that's not public Tongue
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter