January 2012: Treasure Hunter Competition
Quote:Just kidding.

I'm not.

Well, Ok, maybe I kind of am, but you should release JL2 J.B. Slight smile
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
Haha he wants suspense to live on, it'll be long-awaited at its coming out, it'll be a true blockbuster!

Oh wait, shouldn't have used that word there... Teeth
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
J.B. should totally just release his set on April Fools day and have all of the levels something like Bloblake Wink

You know you want to J.B.!
I don't really like the idea of first-come first-serve tiebreakers, as it gives a disadvantage to those who are busy or working on other projects. I recommend simply calling it a tie and under certain circumstances it could allow for 2 first place winners, and making the levels complex enough such that ties are very rare. If anyone can suggest a better tiebreaker it would be great, as this is entirely experimental of course, or we could just keep doing this the way it is now.
I kind of agree with you here, because as long as someone gets it in before the deadline, then their video shouldn't have disadvantage because they weren't fast enough to send something in. But then this raises the question, should we just accept ties, or find some other way? And I'd disagree with just randomly picking a winner, but I don't think that would be a consideration anyways.

Maybe we could see who has the most time on the clock left, such as someone with 123 seconds left beats someone with 122 left?
My solution has been submitted. Rock mentioned that time wouldn't be a factor here, so I'll go ahead and post mine in case anyone wants to attempt to match or beat it: 404. Slight smile
Quote:My solution has been submitted. Rock mentioned that time wouldn't be a factor here, so I'll go ahead and post mine in case anyone wants to attempt to match or beat it: 404. Slight smile

Time won't be a huge deal as you only get 1 point for every 10 seconds left on the clock. Of course, you only get that bonus if you finish the level.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Quote:My solution has been submitted. Rock mentioned that time wouldn't be a factor here, so I'll go ahead and post mine in case anyone wants to attempt to match or beat it: 404. Slight smile

If that's your time left on the level, then I may be finished...

but if that's your overall score...
It's my time. If I calculated correctly, my competition score is exactly 600.
Quote:It's my time. If I calculated correctly, my competition score is exactly 600.

D: