January 2012: Treasure Hunter Competition
I don't think points should be given for time - the competition is about figuring out how to get as many items as you can, not how quickly you can do so. It could also discourage people from joining.

Quote:I recommend simply calling it a tie and under certain circumstances it could allow for 2 first place winners, and making the levels complex enough such that ties are very rare.

I agree with this. If several people get the same score, it should be a tie.

Alos, I've submitted my entry Slight smile
Welcome to CCZone, Markus! Slight smile
Time should probably be counted at least for this month's competition, since I'm guessing all the entrants got every item...
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
The trouble is that if we take the time bonus out, the easier is it to get a tie in this competition. I'll let others decide if that's ok or not though.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Yeah, I agree. It would be too easy for people to tie with not time bonus.

The way it is right now is fine with me.
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
I'm not sure about that. I'll just hand over the same amount of competition points to those who get the same amount of level points.

That shouldn't be worth an award for this month, if like 73 people get it. That'd feel ridiculous...
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Quote:I'm not sure about that. I'll just hand over the same amount of competition points to those who get the same amount of level points.

That shouldn't be worth an award for this month, if like 73 people get it. That'd feel ridiculous...

Well, there's a Doppelganger award now for anyone who ties with 1st place. Maybe it should be an exclusive to Time Trial only?
Would we get the other award for placing first too?
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
Like I said, this month I don't plan on giving the 1st place one, for the sole fact that nearly everyone will have it.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Quote:Like I said, this month I don't plan on giving the 1st place one, for the sole fact that nearly everyone will have it.

Whoops! I guess we'll have to try and find a way of making 1st place stand out more for Treasure Hunter next time.

By the way, I've changed the award descriptions slightly now. You can only get the "YOU'RE WINNER!" award if you are actually the only one in 1st place. You get the Doppelganger one instead of the YOU'RE WINNER one otherwise. You can't get both at the same time. I think the ones who tied with Treasure Hunter should only get the Doppelganger one.