January 2012: Treasure Hunter Competition
I don't intend to give it away to the fastest time in a tiebreaker, because this is not a Time Trial. I will simply give the points away to everyone, and make next ones so that it's harder to get a tie (exactly as Trevor said). If you have another idea, please post it.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
I think future levels should have more isolated items, so that everyone will have to figure out whether or not they're worth the time sacrifice necessary for each. In this particular level, it's simple to justify collecting every item just because many of them are grouped together and easily outweigh in points whatever time is spent getting to them.
Agreed. This one was a good starter, but we do need harder, more 'Puzzles' in this competition Slight smile
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
Oh don't worry, I have couple great ideas, already in construction too.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
May I suggest a giant block checkerboard with an item under each, with more valuable items near the edge (where it is harder to access them)? At the very center is an unguarded exit that you may take at wll?

No, this is evil. Don't ever do this.
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
First impressions about the competition:-

<ol style="list-style-type:decimal;">[*]Interesting idea.

[*]Definitely not in favor of time counting for anything at all.

[*]Puzzles like where it looks like you can only get a certain number of items, but you can actually get more - would make it better.

[*]In general, some exclusivity of choices, especially where collecting some items prevents you from getting, or helps you get, other items would also be interesting - provided it isn't overdone.

</ol>

Will be interesting to see how this competition progresses in the coming months. Thumbs up

- Madhav.
I'm not sure about time not counting for anything - it does help with encouraging some decision-making with respect to what items to pursue or not. But I suppose this could be done in a room rapidly filling up with monsters that could be escaped at any time, or some other means of presenting a difficult choice.
Quote:I'm not sure about time not counting for anything - it does help with encouraging some decision-making with respect to what items to pursue or not. But I suppose this could be done in a room rapidly filling up with monsters that could be escaped at any time, or some other means of presenting a difficult choice.

Yeah, it's supposed to make it more easier to distinguish getting all the items so there's less chance of a tie. Maybe the points need to increase or the time needs to decrese/increase.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Entry submitted.
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
Gotcha Slight smile
My YouTube Channel