January 2012: Treasure Hunter Competition
Treasure Hunter

January 2012

Name of level: Hoarders of the Night

To be played in MS

Time Limit: 500

Created by Rock Généreux

Deadline: February 1st, 0:00

Link: http://cczone.invisi...ion-jan2012ccl/ (Be sure to have v.1.2)

Be sure to take note of the rules of this new competition:

- Your AVI or TWS recording should be sent to one of the Competition staff. Mine is rocket_rg@msn.com

- This focuses on item collecting.

- It's not necessarily the fastest time that wins

- Collecting specific items give your points.

- Using keys do not subtract your points.

- A global leaderboard will be used to judge the final winner.

- The points are:

Chip - 1 point

Green Key - 3 points

Red Key - 3 points

Yellow Key - 3 points

Blue Key - 5 points

Fire Boots - 10 points

Suction Boots - 10 points

Ice Skates - 10 points

Flippers - 10 points

Completion Bonus - 20 points (+1 point for every 10 seconds left on the clock)

On that note, have a sane competition, and may the best chipster win!
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
This is a great idea, I will definitely be participating. I like how the different items have different point values. In the future, will there be Lynx and MS compatible levels? (My preferred ruleset these days is Lynx when tested.)

Of course, if time ends up determining the final winner every time don't expect me to win.
I don't think with the levels made themselves, time will end up being an issue. Of course, there's some optimization work involved, but we'll try to see how we can do levels to distinguish Time Trial to Treasure Hunter, which I think I did pretty well with this level. Also, 10 seconds for a point, I think it can end up being forgiving to those who are not into time attack, but that rule might have to change for next competitions. Like I said, we'll see. Slight smileTeeth
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
I like this idea, but I am sure it will take refining.

However, because it's something new this time around... I think we should just sit back and watch how it plays out.
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
To everyone, be sure you downloaded the 1.2 version of this level, as uploaded earlier today. If you're first reading this topic, it is the 1.2 so don't worry.
My YouTube Channel
Love this idea!
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
So if we have our route and AVI, we just e-mail it to you?
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
Exactly, I'll save them and compile the results at the end.
My YouTube Channel
Ok thanks. I'll get it to you right away.

Wait, one more thing, do I need to have pre-added up the points?
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
If you want, but I'll do the count anyway, so don't worry about it.
My YouTube Channel