Poll: What is your favorite CCLP2 secret level?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Gauntlet
7.14%
1 7.14%
Run-A-Muck
7.14%
1 7.14%
Cloner's Maze
14.29%
2 14.29%
Neptune
0%
0 0%
Key Color
71.43%
10 71.43%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Favorite CCLP2 Secret Level
Might as well do it for CCLP2, someone can post a CCLP3 one if they want...

Mine is Key Color. Gauntlet is simply too short, though it's interesting while it lasts. Run-A-Muck is hell, and the teeth rearrangement part makes me hate it even more. I except Cloner's Maze to be the most popular, but I dislike the part after a good ten minutes into the level where you must be very precise with trap timing (involving a glider you can barely see), or else the whole level will be cooked. I like the unorthodox design of Neptune, but again, there's not much too it. Key Color is a great conclusion to the set and is designed very elegantly, and it might be my favorite final level of the three sets.

Thoughts?
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
Mine was Key Color, mainly because it had an interesting idea to it, and that It was really fun to play.

Neptune comes next because it was enjoyable, and easy.

Next is gauntlet, for reasons listed above.

Cloner's Maze is after because it was too confusing. Genius, yes, but too hard and confusing for me.

Finally, Run-a-Muck. Tyler summed it up nicely.
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
Key Color is my favorite too. It has many different concepts that were seen in both CC1 and CCLP2, I especially like the Switch Hit portion of the level. The only part of this level that I don't approve of is the blob cloner, which has a slight possibly to kill you. Other than that, its a great level!

Gauntlet was ok, not something I would replay though.

Run-A-Muck, I raged in nuff said.

Cloner's Maze, this level has my ups and downs with the way the solution works. The design is amazing, but I think if it was untimed, I would like it a lot more.

Neptune, I didn't understand the goal of this level. I can't really say I don't like it, but I also don't hate it. It's just another level to me.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
As most people have already said, Key Color was the best in terms of design and fun. Whilst's Cloner's Maze was clever, it wasn't as fun as playing through Key Color.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
I had to be there to break that party, it seems so. Cloner's Maze because I took the time to sit down and enjoy the unique concept that got reproduced way too many times in CCLP3 after that, for its pure genius.

It is still my favorite level of all-time.

I loved Neptune.

I loved Key Color.

I loved Gauntlet.

Run-a-muck was clever but meh due to treachery and bad trap connections.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Quote:I had to be there to break that party, it seems so. Cloner's Maze because I took the time to sit down and enjoy the unique concept that got reproduced way too many times in CCLP3 after that, for its pure genius.

I'd say both Cloner's Maze and the stuff in CCLP3 (e.g. Freezer) were inspired by Four Plex more than anything.
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
My favorite is Cloner's Maze. It's one of the best levels ever! The puzzles are very satisfying to work out. There are a couple more difficult chips, but even these can be gotten without precise timing, like the hint says :-)

After this comes Run-A-Muck. The first part of the level is very well designed. It's not all that complex, yet it will most likely kill you plenty of times before you can move on. The teeth do make the level quite difficult in Lynx, and I also found it hard to get the last chip from the pink balls in MS, but overall I enjoy the level.

-Miika
Cloner's Maze, in the end. It was hard for me to choose between that and Key Color, mainly because Key Color is just everything a "capstone" level at the end of a set should be. Slight smile But I have so many memories optimizing Cloner's Maze back in 2002 - I'd stay in my room for hours and would emerge trying to find the most optimal paths everywhere I walked!
Key Color. Cloner's Maze is really the only one that comes close. They're about equal in terms of fun for me, but Key Color has the nostalgia factor. The gravel change post-release was also the source of some controversy, and who doesn't like controversy? B)

The mystery of pieguy's unconfirmed Cloner's Maze record almost makes me want to vote for it, but not quite. Wink
I almost went with Run-a-Muck just to be unique Wink but I ended up going with Key Color, probably due to the memories of solving this way back in 2001 in its original DavidS1 set (the first custom set I ever played). I probably would've ranked Cloner's Maze higher if I was actually able to solve it without looking at a solution... Slight smile
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels