Long levels in CCLP1
Quote:I like long levels if they are interesting and about 2 - 3 star difficulty.

For that reason I hated SCAVENGER HUNT but like PAIN.

I'm just the opposite. I liked SCAVENGER HUNT and hated PAIN. I don't mind the beginning of PAIN -- it's an interesting puzzle. And in Lynx there's no c/b glitch so it's a little tougher but still fun. It's the end that's pointless.

What I liked about SCAVENGER HUNT is because it was a thin wall maze (which are quite rare), you could "see further", which sort of made the viewport bigger. It also had replay value figuring out which way to run was most efficient.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
You're kinda right there Dave, but the point remains that it's long and unidimensional, which makes it boring in the long run. Its design is definitely interesting though.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
What I find interesting about Scavenger Hunt is that it is hard to get lost in, as the whole thing is one giant loop as opposed to a bunch of crisscrossing dead ends. By this, I mean there are still tons of dead ends but it is quite easy to navigate because the main path loops allowing the player to circle around this path as many times as they want looking for chips they might have forgotten. It is good for a CC1 level but not quite CCLP1-worthy in my opinion (of course I'm just talking about the concept in general, not like a level would appear twice in official sets and infringe Microsoft's copyright)
You are indeed right there. I'd have preferred a circular DoubleMaze Tongue
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Quote:I liked SCAVENGER HUNT and hated PAIN. I don't mind the beginning of PAIN -- it's an interesting puzzle. And in Lynx there's no c/b glitch so it's a little tougher but still fun. It's the end that's pointless.

Same here. I don't think Scavenger Hunt has much replay value, though. I loved it the first two or three times I played it. After that, I got bored.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.