Long levels in CCLP1
I remember that level in JoshL2 you ranted over, "On The Rocks"-style. This kind of levels would make the perfect balance IMO.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Quote:I remember that level in JoshL2 you ranted over, "On The Rocks"-style. This kind of levels would make the perfect balance IMO.

If you're talking about Double Pain, that one simply isn't creative enough IMO. In the Rocks would do well in CCLP1 though, and all I remember ranting about in that one was the news. I especially liked getting the flippers at the end.
I think that near the end of the set (last 40 levels) we should throw in 5 to 10 3 star difficulty levels. Several of these could be long puzzles with some room for error. However, room for error is important as a long puzzle with no room for error, such as avalance, is going to be 4 or 5 stars!

Additionally, I think we should throw in one four-star difficulty level in the place of Cake Walk (1.146 if I recall correctly).

Remember, what WE consider a 3 star (average) difficulty level may be extremely difficult for a new player.

But, above all, the levels need to be fun. If a level is harder than normal for the set, but remains extremely fun throughout, that should be ok.
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
To help compare, if I remember correctly, a 4 star difficulty level is about YAYAP difficulty, and a 5 star difficulty would be YCTaOFNT (none of these, PLEASE). I think we should have just one level at about the difficulty of YAYAP but without so many advanced mechanics, and either 146 or 147 of course.
Quote:To help compare, if I remember correctly, a 4 star difficulty level is about YAYAP difficulty, and a 5 star difficulty would be YCTaOFNT (none of these, PLEASE). I think we should have just one level at about the difficulty of YAYAP but without so many advanced mechanics, and either 146 or 147 of course.
Agreed Slight smile
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
In my honest opinion, I think we should have about 2-4 really puzzling levels, towards the end maybe 130s-140s and that 1 ridicolusly hard level being 147. (ridicolusly hard to the new player of course) We don't want the set to be too easy either we have to remember that folks. I don't want people saying ''Wow I'm at Level 124 in this set (CCLP1) and the levels are still easy!" Lol.

Also I don't expect Double Pain in CCLP1. I'll so LOL if it gets 1 vote into it. It isn't creative at all. I feel ashamed to have made a ridicolus level but at least it starts up a rant sometimes.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Quote:If you're talking about Double Pain, that one simply isn't creative enough IMO. In the Rocks would do well in CCLP1 though, and all I remember ranting about in that one was the news. I especially liked getting the flippers at the end.

I was talking about In the Rocks.

Also, I will still disagree to that ridiculous level. The hardest ones in CC1 are all hard because you have to guess where to go, ain't no puzzle shenanigan thing. That being said, I'm not against the insertion of moderate puzzles in there, but y'all are going "Let's recreate CCLP3 again", hear yourselves guys...
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Actually, that's exactly what I don't want - a long gauntlet of puzzle levels, one after another, would really make a bad impression on a newer player.

I think we need to have a great number of mixed levels, and a few melee levels in there as well.
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
I vote for more variety not less. So a couple superlong ones is fine.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
When I was younger, I felt like "Four Plex" was one of the longest levels ever. Even though the solution reached nowhere near the amount of time a level like "Cityblock" took, it felt long just because there were so many different things to do. I think the "variety" levels would be best kept medium-length at the most, and any lengthy levels should not involve a wide variety of different tasks to perform.