November 2020 Create Competition - Spooky Scary... Ghosts
It's been too long since the last competition here at all. Time to fix that. A Create Competition is a level design contest where anyone can make a level or levels from a given prompt or theme, which are then judged and ranked, with feedback. Whether you're a veteran designer with hundreds of levels or have never made a level before in your life, your submission is welcome here!

For this month, I want to see a ghost level in CC2. You may use any map size or settings you'd like, and additional themes beyond that, but at its core the level should be able to be described as a ghost level. Ghosts are very flexible and can be used for a lot of different types of level, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with :)

Some administrative details:
  • Submit your level(s) to me at IHNN#3459 on Discord or by PM on the forums before December 1st. Extensions will be granted for up to 1 week if a designer has let me know that they're working on something.
  • You may submit up to 3 levels to the competition: if you submit more, only the most recent 3 will be judged. You may update your submissions at any time. These levels should be new, or at the very least unreleased.
  • Levels should be solvable but do not require a replay. If you do not have CC2, you can still use CCCreator to create a level- let me know if you can't get anyone to give it a test and we can work something out.
  • New for this competition: I will be taking a look at maps as I receive them and striving to respond with some quick first impressions and potential thoughts for ways it could be improved, unless asked not to. I'm going to try this based on some Discord discussions to try to help everyone create the best levels they can. I will not be playing the levels before judging, and will hopefully be able to stream the judging process either on my Twitch stream or to Discord.
  • If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask either directly or in this thread.
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
Cool! I will try to make something Chip Win
Hey everyone, I've received a request for an extension and so levels will continue to be accepted for an additional week, until December 8th.
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

IHNN1 | IHNN2

(30-Nov-2020, 5:30 PM)Ihavenoname248 Wrote: Hey everyone, I've received a request for an extension and so levels will continue to be accepted for an additional week, until December 8th.

Does that include edits to existing levels?
Alright, entries are officially closed.

I received 16 levels from 7 designers, with 1 designer submitting a 4th level that will not be ranked, but is still included with the rest. I'll hopefully find time to stream playing through these within the coming days, and final results within a week. In the meantime, here's a pack containing the entries! If there's anything amiss with your levels here or I missed something, let me know ASAP.

.zip   November 2020 Create Entries.zip (Size: 16.66 KB / Downloads: 173)

IHNN1 | IHNN2

I don't think that the results for this competition need much preamble, beyond the fact that I really enjoyed playing through these levels. A couple could use some extra polish or consideration for the blind experience, but that doesn't stop them from having some really strong and interesting ideas. On to the rankings!

7th place [Click to Show Content]
6th place [Click to Show Content]

5th place [Click to Show Content]

4th place [Click to Show Content]

3rd place [Click to Show Content]

2nd place [Click to Show Content]

1st place [Click to Show Content]

If you'd like to see the stream, I've uploaded it here, though my commentary is unfortunately lost as my recording didn't pick up my microphone. :(
Most of my thoughts are thankfully captured above, however.

IHNN1 | IHNN2

Congrats Ida on the win! Chip Win

Regarding my levels. Your comment about thin walls in TTIWTG rather confuses me.  Ghosts can go through thin walls, so I'm not sure what this would change.  The purpose of the item blockers was to prevent the ghosts from returning to previously solved rooms, although I probably could have found another way to do this. You make a valid point about the ending though.

Your opinion of Iron Flowers rather matches my own.  I may revisit the Whost concept at some point with your suggestions.  Thanks for hosting the competition Jeffrey! Thumbs up
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
(10-Dec-2020, 10:13 PM)chipster1059 Wrote: Congrats Ida on the win! Chip Win

Regarding my levels.  Your comment about thin walls in TTIWTG rather confuses me.  Ghosts can go through thin walls, so I'm not sure what this would change.  The purpose of the item blockers was to prevent the ghosts from returning to previously solved rooms, although I probably could have found another way to do this.  You make a valid point about the ending though.

Your opinion of Iron Flowers rather matches my own.  I may revisit the Whost concept at some point with your suggestions.  Thanks for hosting the competition Jeffrey! Thumbs up
The thin walls I think was just forgetting that fact; as for the item blockers, they prevent the ghosts from touching those squares no matter what, because of weird interactions in CC2.  Also, as for the ending...

TTIWTG [Click to Show Content]
...whoops.  That thing in the spoiler is a bust.  Thanks for the report Calica! Thumbs up
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.