CCLP4 Complete!
Here is my feedback for levels 76-100

76. Fun level from Ultimate Chip 5. I like the concept where you have to manipulate monster patterns to progress.

77. The recessed walls and blocks make a level look fantastic. Nice game play too.

78. Ordinary level for me.

79. Nice patterns and nice "spirals" sort of layout. A little tricky tough.

80. Another fun level, similar to "Encased In Carbonite." If you cant do it in this room, you can do it in the other room.

81. I was stumped on this level for a bit but I was able to figure it out. Nevertheless, fun level.

82. Fantastic aesthetics and level. Seems that there are multiple ways to solve it which is always a good thing.

83. Interesting concept, I like it.

84. Phenomenal puzzles all in one fantastic level. My favorite was the fire boot circle.

85. I really enjoyed this one from JoshL6. Block puzzles are my absolute favorite.

86. Creative ways to use a fireball, I've noticed that Tyler uses a lot of creative monster manipulation concepts that I've never seen before.

87. This level is sort of difficult but not too much. It's easy to cook the level but trial and error will help a lot. Still, a good level.

88. I like it, the part where I had to stuff blocks into a 3 by room to make a path for the fireball was my favorite.

89. Really good sort of symmetrical level with their own twists.

90. Fun Jeffrey Level.

91. This is one of my most favorite levels from UC4. "Recollection" is my most favorite level from that set BTW.

92. I had a lot of fun with this one, the sokoban is good.

93. Bombs are indeed a beautiful thing, so as the puzzles.

94. "Map the Path" levels are awesome of play.

95. Level is sort of difficult, but I like the design.

96. I really didn't like this level, mainly due to the walkers. Block puzzle objective is simple though. I guess I'm not a fan of "antepiece" kind of levels.

97. This level is amazing, I also like the lock and block layout at the start.

98. Amazing level that puts a fantastic use of recessed walls.

99. Another good level, however it can be a bit difficult with the really small block bouncing.

100. Enjoyed this one from Other 100 Tiles. Sort of has that YCTAOFNT concept but a LOT easier.
Quote:85. I really enjoyed this one from JoshL6. Block puzzles are my absolute favorite.
Quote:96. I really didn't like this level, sorry. I found it to be a bit boring especially trying to free enough blocks to fill in all the water spaces without letting any of the walkers go. Most of the time I was one block short which is really annoying. Sorry, I don't like this one.

You say you like block puzzles, yet I'd like to think level 96 qualifies as a block puzzle but you didn't like it Tongue
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Quote:You say you like block puzzles, yet I'd like to think level 96 qualifies as a block puzzle but you didn't like it Tongue
Yes I do like block puzzles as long as there is nothing annoying in them. In this case walkers (my most hated monster) was the main issue, not the block puzzle itself. I mean I tried many ways to free a few walkers to avoid the toggle buttons by putting each block in every corner but they just won't cooperate with me. Still somehow I managed to beat the level.

Actually, forget what I said about the block puzzle, the main thing that kept screwing me up were the stupid walkers in the middle. Angry
More Feedback of CCLP4 (101-125)

101. This level is whole lot of fun. A whole lot better than the original "apartment" from the original CC1 in my opinion.

102. Normally I am not too much of a fan of key puzzles but I guess this one is an exception.

103. Awesome puzzle by Josh, I remember having a good time playing it back in JoshL5.

104. I like how 2 small puzzles, intervene with each other.

105. Great puzzle level I really like this one.

106. Aesthetics look fine. I like seeing levels that feature grids. This is a nice level to play.

107. Boot puzzles are really fun, I really like levels that really make you think of how it has to be done. Specifically, if there is just enough items in a level and you have to be cautious and conserve your items to complete the level. Great level.

108. Again another level that unlocks itself in interesting ways.

109. Good time crunching level.

110. I was stuck on this one for quite a bit. Had to look in the editor and decide which keys to take.

111. Fantastic level, one that makes player think outside the box. I really like brain teasing puzzles in a small level.

112. Neat looking level, I like it.

113. Neat concept, this is kind of reminiscent of Swip-Swap from the Other 100 tiles. In other words, you're on one path and a monster on the other with a role reversal somewhere in the middle.

114. Cool level by Tyler with creative concepts I've never seen before.

115. Excellent puzzle.

116. This has a good concept of blocking clone machines. I also like how there are twists so it doesn't seem the same throughout the level. The objective is the same but it includes and extra layer to the puzzle as well. Something I really like.

117. Blob dodging and chip collecting level but with recessed walls and not the typical gravel.

118. One of the best levels in this set. Map the path levels are fun to me and doing it with chips is just so satisfying. I also really like how each puzzle isn't contained in itself, the level actually intervenes its puzzles with each other. In addition to collecting all the chips once the objective is complete, in my opinion it is a complementary reward along with going to the exit to complete the level.

119. One of my favorites from JoshL5: Awesome use for a single glider as a mechanism for a level.

120. I am also a fan of "sardine can" levels, although this one isn't exactly a sardine can referring to the size. Creating a sokoban is also entertaining and as always fun to solve it. Another being that this level has the "Zelgion's Lair" concept but with chips. Another one of my favorites in the set.

121. Multiple teeth puzzles wrapped into one fun level. My most favorite was the tooth ram puzzle at the bottom left of the level. Also, the way the teeth explode the bombs once level is over, just satisfying.

122. Very cool concept from Other 100 Tiles. I also like how players have the freedom to explore the level in an open setting and do the level in any order they wish.

123. Cool level, with plenty of puzzles. I like the mechanism at the end though.

124. Semi fun and nerve-wracking level.

125. Nice level with an oxymoron title.
Here's my review for the levels (126-140)

126. Like I said before, brain teasing puzzles in a small to medium confined spaces are fun to crack.

127. It didn't take me too long to figure out where the real exit was.

128. Cool mechanic with the glider deflected by the teeth. Speaking of tooth monster I find it kind of nerve-wracking guiding it into the bomb through the toggle maze surrounded by water. Also, I don't know how to manage the tanks through the red door in lynx.

129. Undefined Fantastic Object is fantastic.

130. I really like this one, I believe this is similar to Jeffrey's "Double Time Warehouse".

131. Just like its predecessor this has a fantastic concept but all jumbled up.

132. I really liked played this level, full of puzzles along with walking through the thin wall maze. However, it can be a little nerve wracking walking through the stream of bees while crossing the ice tiles.

133. Interesting concept and level from Other 100 Tiles

134. Oh my gosh, this level. This was one of the few levels I was stuck on for a really long time. Don't get me wrong, I like block puzzles also when they can be deceivingly hard. Well done, Archie for creating a well crafted brain teasing puzzle and thanks to random 8 for helping we with some hints Slight smile :) . As always it is a HUGE accomplishment to complete it and very satisfying at the same time. It's always good to have that feeling.

135. This is another level I got completely stuck on for a long time but not as long as I was in the last level. I was able to figure it out eventually, well crafted puzzle by Tyler.

136. I like red, fun maze chip collecting level with teeth dodging. The extra keys and bombs are appreciated.

137. This level, THIS LEVEL, is also part of the few levels I was stumped on for a really long time. Like Pushover (134) this has an interesting concept. The real struggle was blowing up that final bomb, oh my gosh I was completely confused ConfusedAngrySlight frown on how to blow it up and I tried a LOT of block configurations to delay the fireball but they didn't work; eventually I was able to complete it in like forever. In the end, I felt really good after that Slight smile . Well done again Archie for creating a timing concept and a major brain teasing level. Also, thank you Josh and Jeffrey for providing me with hints you two were a big help. Thumbs up

138. I like the how the force floors look and finding how to get through it with rams.

139. I found the animation of water tiles interesting. This is a cool idea even though it took a lot of work to create the illusion.

140. Just like its original level, I like this one a little better. Filling in the water spaces to extend the track adds to the puzzle. Both Automatic (Caution) Door levels were fun to play.

P.S: My 100th Post Smiley
Quote:Yes I do like block puzzles as long as there is nothing annoying in them. In this case walkers (my most hated monster) was the main issue, not the block puzzle itself. I mean I tried many ways to free a few walkers to avoid the toggle buttons by putting each block in every corner but they just won't cooperate with me. Still somehow I managed to beat the level.

Well, you're not supposed to free any walkers. They're there only to define the block puzzle. (On a side note, it sounds like you managed to solve the level otherwise, in which case i'd love to see your solution. Slight smile )
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
Quote:Well, you're not supposed to free any walkers. They're there only to define the block puzzle. (On a side note, it sounds like you managed to solve the level otherwise, in which case i'd love to see your solution. Slight smile )
In my solution I didn't free any walkers, it was just an idea to get spare blocks cause I always had 1 block short. I knew you weren't supposed to free any of the walkers. But I did solve it the normal way without freeing any of the walkers.
I wanted to save this review for last since I have a lot to say for levels 141-149.

141. World Of A Thousand Flames. I had a blast playing this level (get it) this level was a ton of fun. I don't know if I said this before but I like fire mazes. On the other hand I like the obstacles and the chase race at the ending.

142. Stratagem- I said it before and I'll say it again, I like brain puzzles in a small to medium space. This is one of my favorites. At first it looks like a deceivingly easy puzzle but it's not. However, I feel that this level should've been placed a little earlier in the set like in the 60's or 70's. Nevertheless, I really liked playing this level and it is one of my favorites.

143. Color Coordination- I enjoyed playing this level in JBLP1, I'm glad that this level made it into the final set. Also, the design looks awesome and there is a

repeated pattern each with a different color. I even appreciate the way that there is no repeated procedure throughout. This is my most favorite level in JBLP1, a set I highly recommend.

144. Paradigm Shift- This is a nice level to play from Jeffrey. My favorite parts were the glider chasing and the interesting trap button section. As a level 144 slot this wasn't too hard to play; I always thought that the level 144 slot was going to be a tough level, just like the infamous 147 slot. Thank goodness that the level 144 slot wasn't another complicated YCTAOFNT type of level.

145. Hacked Save File- This is basically Josh's "Divide By Zero" cut into 4 section and to be honest a lot easier to play than "Divide By Zero". I also consider the ending funny too depicting some sort of corruption or glitch. I liked playing this level and each section looked great, I'm wondering how long it took to create this type of chip collecting maze. I gotta admit that "Divide By Zero" despite it's highly creative aesthetics can be a little nerve-wracking and a player could easily make a mis-step, but nevertheless creative and fun.

146. Japanese Game Show- This level was difficult but not as difficult as I first played it in JBLP1. The most difficult obstacle for me was the tank and ball section and the tooth section was difficult at first but I found a way to make it a lot easier. Still, it features hard obstacles that require precision timing and creative thinking. Thank goodness there is no lucky timing, I hate lucky timing. This level is perfectly placed in the 146 slot.

147. Gimmick Isle- This level too was sort of difficult, this one is basically a "Lead Us Not into Temptation" but a little more straight forward. Thankfully, there weren't any precise timings though just deception. At first I thought that this level was going to be insanely difficult but not that difficult as one might expect for a level in the 147 slot. I like this level though and felt good beating it.

148. Gravity Well- I like force floor levels and this one fits in that category. Thankfully pushing the blocks to their goals isn't too hard. Feels fun optimizing this level though even though I'm not much of an optimizer.

149. Mental Marvel Monastery- This is a nice fun level by Josh and I like the "toggle bust" ending and the puzzles. At first I thought that there would be like an exclusive medley level as the final level of the set but this level makes a good closing level. Chip Win

That's the end of my review and I hope you liked it. I had a great experience with playing CCLP4 and a little bit of voting. The set had a lot of well crafted levels and great concepts. Honestly, I didn't play too much of the voting packs but I previewed each level set and most of them I recalled already. I consider myself to be a veteran chips challenge player since chips challenge was a childhood game and I played a lot of custom sets.

Now, normally I point out my favorite levels in the set but there were just so many good ones to pick from. My most favorite levels were One Tank's Adventure, Color Coordination, and Mental Marvel Monastery.

Now that I'm done with CCLP4, I guess I'll start doing some bold routes, replay this in the lynx ruleset or play some more custom sets. But for now CCLP4 complete! Chip Win
I'm only up to about 40 (I don't have nearly as much time as I would like to devote to this), but working in MS/Lynx in tandem, just because. It's interesting to compare/contrast "efficient" times (though not optimal), usually Lynx is much slower on account of splash/bomb delay.