Platypus Pack - Discussion
This is the official discussion thread for CCLP4 voting's Platypus Pack. Feel free to share your thoughts, opinions, and comments on the levels here!
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
  • #44 (Step Aside): Seems to be busted. The bottom room and blue key aren't required. (Actually, I can't figure out what the intended solution was supposed to be.)
  • #31 (Collect): I remember enjoying this one in Bowman1 years ago... It was fun because of the time limit of 300. Please don't make it untimed! Voting with the assumption that the time limit will be restored.
- Madhav.
Quote:
  • #44 (Step Aside): Seems to be busted. The bottom room and blue key aren't required. (Actually, I can't figure out what the intended solution was supposed to be.)

The tanks are supposed to block off the yellow door. The designer made another level that's a harder version of this, which turned out to be busted. When he was fixing it, he changed this level to mirror the changes there. I guess we were too focused on the other level to notice this bust.

The other level's still busted.
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
Quote:
  • #31 (Collect): I remember enjoying this one in Bowman1 years ago... It was fun because of the time limit of 300. Please don't make it untimed! Voting with the assumption that the time limit will be restored.
- Madhav.
Lol. I think you may be in the minority here, Madhav. I never found this level to be that difficult at 300 seconds (though you still have to be in a hurry) but that's obviously because I made it and know the solution. I got the sense that people would be turned off to this level because of its time limit, though. I specifically remember ajmiam streaming this level for CCLP1 voting packs and he gave it a fair chance, but eventually skipped it saying that he liked the maze aspect but not the time limit. I thought by making it untimed, people could appreciate the level more for what it is: an ice maze. It's funny that you got out of it the opposite of what I intended.
~Bowman
I'll give this feedback thing a go. I'm currently playing the Obstacle pack, but this is the last pack I finished, so I'm revisiting these a few weeks or so after I've played them. My thoughts may not be as articulate as I like because I forgot a lot of details about these levels.

2: Takedown

Fun to figure out, but I found the block section at the end a little confusing because you could access it at the beginning and it's not clear what you're supposed to do. The paramecium section also confused me but it was really clever.

6: Oracle 2020

I enjoyed this one. Very tricky block pushing puzzle.

8: Thirsty Paramecia

Very unique puzzle and not too hard.

9: Idle Contrast

This one really stood out to me. I know not everyone will agree with me, but I prefer this to Suspended Animation. Really well done, even if it was done before.

13: Branching Out

Essentially an item-swapper, but a fun one.

14: Garbage Chute

Really fun level. With more observant play, I could've avoided a lot of back and forth. The existence of a "secret way to exit" keeps it intriguing. I couldn't find it, but I'm sure optimizers would have a blast with this one.

15: Monster House II

One of my own levels, and it's always been sort of a favorite. I don't know if I really played this version of the level before, as I tweaked it some for the voting packs, and then a bust was found which I incorporated into the solution. Couldn't think of a different name, though. I really like this version a lot better than the original. I hope people have fun with this one.

17: Linear Equation

I really liked the "Avalanche for Dummies" section. Another fun level.

25: World of a Thousand Flames

I had a world of trouble trying to solve this. But when I finally solved it, it was very satisfying. I'd have to say it's one of the funnest, hardest levels.

28: Switzerland

Classic Tyler level. That sokoban in the middle, man. That may be a bit much for some. But I fumbled around with it for a long time and somehow never cooked it, so it's good to know that it's hard to cook if you're careful.

43: Life Is Not a Puzzle

One of Josh's best levels. Will probably make it in.

44: Step Aside

I would've loved this level if only it did more. The concept was cool, and it was fun to explore, but I was disappointed when it was over. It's been brought out that this is busted, but I didn't get that impression when I first played it; I thought the extra room and items were to make it seem more complicated than it actually was. But knowing that it is busted, I would like to see the "fixed" version.

47: Visions in Blue

Holy Crap. This is a level. Devious, extremely tough, but each discovery unravels more and more of this layered puzzle. One of my favorite levels in voting so far.

50: Chip, the Great Adventurer

A very clever puzzle in the guise of a regular item collection level. It took a long time and many tries to figure out what needed to be done in each section, but it was really fun. I was stumped at the ending at first, but the solution is right in front of the player's eyes so I can't really complain.

Favorite: Visions in Blue

Least favorite: Raining Keys and Boots
~Bowman