JoshL6 discussion
Quote:76: This is a very hard level, perhaps the hardest one in the set that doesn't consist of insane dodging. It was fun but slightly frustrating.

77: Amazing sokoban level.

78: For some reason, after downloading the latest update to JoshL6, a solution for this level popped up in the TWS (when played back Chip died very fast). This solution was overwritten by the successful solve, but either way, this is a nice level that shows that there is much more to pink balls than just bouncing around in a straight line.

79: Surprisingly fun. The title is funny too.

80: I would like to see this in CCLP4.

81: You say on pieguy's site that this was inspired by ZK3A. Unfortunately, this level feels like just a bunch of tiles put together, and I don't really like it that much, so I won't play ZK3. Sorry.

82: Really great and fun level. This was from the January Create competition, right?

83: This level is busted: it is not required to "only push the block below you two spaces initially" as the hint says (see my TWS for more information). I don't know what the intended solution is, but either way it's a fun level.

84: This level took me way too long to solve. I made one attempt at solving it, then refreshed the main page of the other forum I visit to see if someone posted, then I tried this level again, and so on. Unfortunately repeatedly refreshing a page does not cause people to post, and I solved the level before someone posted. Anyway, the part with the teleports causes needless frustration by allowing the shaft to become partially filled with tanks. This would have been a nice level if the tanks were cloned by something other than blobs and walkers. I didn't reach the hint and I have no plans to do so.

85: The first sokoban is all right, but I've seen better ones. The second one is extremely hard, and spending over 90 minutes on the same puzzle isn't fun and is one of the reason why CCLP3 is my least favourite official set. The hint is funny, though.

86: Such an easy level in such a late slot. I've seen better mazes with this concept, but the title is awesome.

87: This level is absolutely amazing and the concept is extremely creative.

88: I think this is the best level in the set. I love how you referenced so many official levels and put them all in the same level without it feeling like a bunch of random rooms dumped together. The only problem I find is that it is possible to boost into a glider while leaving the teleport in the Rat Race section, but that's only a minor issue. This is much better than Producing and I would absolutely love to see this in CCLP4. In fact, this is probably my favourite level not already in an official set.

89: This is a fun level using the same concept as 88. I like this level, but 88 remains better.

90: I would like to see a Flareon level in CCLP4, not necessarily this one, I'll see which ones pop up in voting. However, this is better than the Flareon level in JCCLP. How do you pronounce "Flareon" anyway?

And with that I'm done. I can't really compare this with other sets of the JoshL series, as this is the only one I've finished (I played a bit of JoshL0 and JoshL5, but didn't make it very far in either set) but I must say that this is one of the best levelsets I've played. It contains several great levels that I will give high ratings in CCLP4 voting if I'm still active in the community when that happens. Good job Josh! Chip Win

Also, I don't know if you're aware of this, but someone is currently LPing JoshL6:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...2XZDoUXm0O

76. It's definitely a challenging, somewhat variety level but I am no fan of this one myself. I know it's frustrating Tongue

77. Lol a lot of people didn't like this one because it's not interesting. But glad you did.

78. That happened because I originally planned to replace the original level that had this levels password but I forgot to reset it. In terms of the design trope I chose for this set, this one definitely pushes the "monsters on top of unusual tiles" concept but I still made it fun.

79. A ton of fun and surprised no one else used this concept before.

80. A LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE DO TOO Heart <3 Heart

81. Not necessarily a ZK3A level but a level in general that is from a ZK3 set. It's not a bunch of titles put together, it actually has a pretty legit concept to it that I'm displeased no one likes. Oh well.

82. Yes this was my entry for the 4th palette of the January Create comp. Your level barely beat this one Tongue but honestly, it was much better than this one!

83. That's not a bust, it's more of an inaccurate hint because I nerfed that section to be less strict with the fireball. I'll go ahead and change that, thanks for letting me know. Glad you enjoyed it! I personally think it's one of my best long difficult levels.

84. Not all levels are meant to be fun! This was more of a joke to go along with the title though. And this is one example as to why I don't make many melee levels - I'm just not good with them.

85. Both sokobans are adapted I believe just rotated. The second one is definitely harder, I feel it's too hard actually so I don't know why I left it in. Sorry about that but it's nice you got a kick out of the hint at least despite being rudely placed. Slight smile

86. This level is meant to be in the slot its in mostly because it follows a hard puzzle that was Naval Base. This isn't really a maze, or at the least I don't consider it one, it's just meant to serve as a breather that looks difficult.

87. Thank you Heart I'm super proud of this level. It's kind of a different take on Rotation's trap button puzzle but involves teleporting blocks. I honestly hope this does well in CCLP4.

88. This. Took. Almost. Five. Days. To. Design. The one I submitted for CCLP4 removes a glider in the Rat Race section since a lot of people complained about that (even though it's really just a ruleset issue no fault of the design). But yeah I'm extremely satisfied with this level as well, I'm very surprised I made it work with the wall layout used! Really happy you loved this one. Heart

89. Overall, I like this one too but I definitely know I could have designed it better. I liked what "lookatthis" did for his Dedications set with my levels (which if you're reading this, please make a legit one with JoshL5 or JoshL6 levels please!) and I wanted to use a handful of ones from all my sets. Still fun just not as good designed as I had hoped. 88 is definitely the better of the two.

90. After the dilemma with CCLP1 voting, I didn't submit a Flareon level for CCLP4. People felt it was more of an mosaic level than an actual level when it was in CCLP1 voting so I wanted to avoid that altogether for CCLP4, though the JCCLP one you mention was the one submitted for CCLP1. This one just has some gameplay going on for it. Not only this but not many people would understand the reference anyway. It's pronounced Flar-e-on by the way. Slight smile

JoshL0? There is no JoshL0, I know I tried to attempt as a project under that name but never followed through with it. Though I highly recommend going through JoshL5, I honestly think that's my best set (even though it is kind of off with difficulty in some parts). JoshL5 also has the highest amount of submitted levels for CCLP4 (101 out of 140-ish). But anyway I'm glad you enjoyed this set, chipster and thanks a bunch of your words and feedback Slight smile it means a lot.

Yes he is known as Michael Sugantino and he was LPing JoshL6 but has since decided to quit since LPing really isn't his thing he said. That is why Jeffrey is LPing my submissions set!
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Quote:88. This. Took. Almost. Five. Days. To. Design. The one I submitted for CCLP4 removes a glider in the Rat Race section since a lot of people complained about that (even though it's really just a ruleset issue no fault of the design). But yeah I'm extremely satisfied with this level as well, I'm very surprised I made it work with the wall layout used! Really happy you loved this one. Heart

JoshL0? There is no JoshL0, I know I tried to attempt as a project under that name but never followed through with it. Though I highly recommend going through JoshL5, I honestly think that's my best set (even though it is kind of off with difficulty in some parts). JoshL5 also has the highest amount of submitted levels for CCLP4 (101 out of 140-ish). But anyway I'm glad you enjoyed this set, chipster and thanks a bunch of your words and feedback Slight smile it means a lot.

88: Five days, wow. But it's a great level, I'm glad you designed it.

By JoshL0 I meant the original 202-level JoshL.dat, the one that contains tedious block pushing levels and invalid tiles.

I may try out JoshL5 eventually, and possibly also your CC2 set, but currently life is getting busier so it may take me a few months. Sorry.

I'm glad this feedback was helpful Slight smile
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
Quote:By JoshL0 I meant the original 202-level JoshL.dat, the one that contains tedious block pushing levels and invalid tiles

I may try out JoshL5 eventually, and possibly also your CC2 set, but currently life is getting busier so it may take me a few months. Sorry.

Oh, well don't waste your time with that Tongue it's not worth it, trust me.

My CC2 set is going to be getting a complete overhaul in a few months, with a level order change and all that good stuff. So don't feel rushed to play them. Look forward to the new JCCLP2 instead Wink
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

How do you do the second sokoban in level 85?!
Quote:How do you do the second sokoban in level 85?!

Sorry for the late response! if you haven't solved it yet I am here to provide some help for you Tongue

I wasn't sure how to properly explain how to solve the second sokoban in that level so instead here's a video solution of the entire level here.
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

I've completed this set in its entirety now and again a great set. The levels were really fun to play and a bunch of few challenges too like the sokoban in Fire is My Enemy and the Volcanic Substance sokoban after collecting red keys surrounded by fire. Kudos to the redesigned Flareon level at the end of the set with a great modification. It focuses more on just getting the yellow keys and breezing through the level, some strategy is actually required now. Finally, thank you Josh for posting that video of Naval Base particularly the second sokoban. That room took FOREVER to figure out and solve. Revelation Mountain was a great "Mr. McCallahan Presents" kind of level too. All in all great set, and you Josh are a great level designer. I know you've moved on with other things but it was a great pleasure to play your levels. Smiley
Quote:I've completed this set in its entirety now and again a great set. The levels were really fun to play and a bunch of few challenges too like the sokoban in Fire is My Enemy and the Volcanic Substance sokoban after collecting red keys surrounded by fire. Kudos to the redesigned Flareon level at the end of the set with a great modification. It focuses more on just getting the yellow keys and breezing through the level, some strategy is actually required now. Finally, thank you Josh for posting that video of Naval Base particularly the second sokoban. That room took FOREVER to figure out and solve. Revelation Mountain was a great "Mr. McCallahan Presents" kind of level too. All in all great set, and you Josh are a great level designer. I know you've moved on with other things but it was a great pleasure to play your levels. Smiley

Well I am glad and pleased to hear you enjoyed most my levels Thumbs up thank you for playing them! If you play through the CCLP4 voting packs, you will find a good chunk of my levels you've played already.

I'm not done designing levels yet... There might be a JoshL7 but who knows. I have a few new CC1 levels I've made that have not been released yet. Wink
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

I know I'm way late to the party, but important note about one of the levels: Relic of El Corazón.

I'm playing it in the Josh-CCLP4 pack, on Tile World for Mac. When I got to that one, it crashed my game, and corrupted the TWS file. Lost a week of levels, so played up to the one before it, backed up the .tws, tried on both Lynx and MS rulesets, both crashed when it got to that level. On a hunch, I took out the accent O in the editor, and it suddenly played fine.

So there's a problem at least with the Mac version of Tile World not recognizing the accent character, and exploding upon coming into contact with it. That should probably be fixed either in the level before it makes it into CCLP4, or in the program itself. (running version 1.3.0, most current one I can find)

Levels are effing fantastic other than that Slight smile just plopped in the password to the following level and continuing on my way, should be done shortly!

I know editing levels is frowned on, the only exception in the original being the spirals glitch, but would it be acceptable to edit out the ó in the "official" set just for play purposes? I know the pack wasn't meant to be taken seriously but I'm taking it seriously.
I had the same problem and resorted to the same solution, so I'd say yes.
Thumbs up

that's probably something to keep in mind when polishing cclp4 (don't forget the poor stranded mac folks!)