JoshL6 discussion
Quote:I know I'm way late to the party, but important note about one of the levels: Relic of El Corazón.

I'm playing it in the Josh-CCLP4 pack, on Tile World for Mac. When I got to that one, it crashed my game, and corrupted the TWS file. Lost a week of levels, so played up to the one before it, backed up the .tws, tried on both Lynx and MS rulesets, both crashed when it got to that level. On a hunch, I took out the accent O in the editor, and it suddenly played fine.

So there's a problem at least with the Mac version of Tile World not recognizing the accent character, and exploding upon coming into contact with it. That should probably be fixed either in the level before it makes it into CCLP4, or in the program itself. (running version 1.3.0, most current one I can find)

Levels are effing fantastic other than that Slight smile just plopped in the password to the following level and continuing on my way, should be done shortly!

I know editing levels is frowned on, the only exception in the original being the spirals glitch, but would it be acceptable to edit out the ó in the "official" set just for play purposes? I know the pack wasn't meant to be taken seriously but I'm taking it seriously.

My apologies for that! I did not realize that accent mark "o" would cause such a problem. I don't mind that being removed and changed to a regular "o" so please feel free to do that.

Glad you're enjoying the set(s) so far, depending on which one you're playing. Tongue
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Quote:I'm not done designing levels yet... There might be a JoshL7 but who knows. I have a few new CC1 levels I've made that have not been released yet. Wink

I've been keeping this mostly to myself but I might as well announce it now. Yes I have been designing more CC1 levels that would have been for JoshL7 but because I don't want to necessarily start up another new CC1 set, I am instead doing something different and probably for the better; adding all these new levels to JoshL6 and making it a 149-level set! Why? Because I'm a loser who is obsessed with making levels for this game and making levels for my CC2 set isn't really that high on my priority list at the moment and hasn't been for a long while.

As of now I have 43 out of the needed 59 new levels to add to it, most of which have not been visible to the public eye. Once done, I will completely rearrange the set to construct a better difficulty and variety curve compared to the original JoshL6 (which will still remain available though no longer updated). I will also post up some preview images of some of the levels I have made so far in the upcoming days.

I haven't asked this since the early JoshL5 days but of the 16 remaining levels I could make, what concepts do you think I should use/attempt to make? Particularly ones I don't really use that often or never really tried out before. Also, I would love to collab with one or two people, if anyone wants to take up on that offer!
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

I am 100% up for attempting a collab level.
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
Count me in as well! Does this mean the scoreboard for this set, as well as possibly JCCLP2 itself, will see an overhaul?
Hmmm...I'm late, but Josh, if you're interested, I could do a collab level with you too. Might help me get interested in level design again.
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
Quote:Count me in as well! Does this mean the scoreboard for this set, as well as possibly JCCLP2 itself, will see an overhaul?

Yes I do plan on releasing the new set on pieguy's site for scoreboard purposes but none of the original 90 levels will be changed (with the exception of the title change mentioned here before), so whatever times you had for those will still be valid. Slight smile As for JCCLP2, I don't see myself overhauling that one again, unless there's some demand for it.

For the collab levels, I'd love to collab with all of you! I'll probably message you guys on Skype pretty soon to discuss it with each of you. Thumbs up
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

I'll be looking forward to the full 149 level JoshL6. I know they'll be a blast to play through along with the original 90 levels in the set. Slight smile
As of now, I have only 10 levels left to make, 2 of which are still collabs that are hopefully still going through (if not, let me know you know who you are Tongue). But here are some level previews as promised:

http://i.imgur.com/S0A7gOI.png

http://i.imgur.com/ikUEg7O.png

http://i.imgur.com/Z00T3yb.png
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

The newest version of JoshL6 has finally been released! Further info can be found on the download page here:

http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/463-joshl6/

Enjoy!
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Great levels so far! Right now I am on Indiscretion (81) and it looks like a "Forced Circuit" level from JoshL4.

Here are some level reviews

Valley Of Darkness (12)- A typical block checkerboard level while collecting chips. It's a good level just as long as you be cautious on what blocks you push so you don't screw up the level by trapping a chip

Walkways Of Shalour (18)- I like the ending, bringing the blocks to the exit. Sort of reminds me of the ending to Obstacle Course from CCLP3, but the blocks are closer to you.

Demented Landscape (23)- Kinda like a blob dance with walkers, but thank goodness that only two blocks are required for the exit.

Fragments Of A Lost Bomb (31)- Reminiscent of "Amsterdam Incorporation" in terms of getting the chips. I find the ending more interesting, finding a block to blow up one of the bombs guarding the exit. Instead of just going through a socket.

Your Coffin Needs Organizing (46)- I wish there were more of these types of levels cause they are very interesting and fun. Clearing a path for you to collect something while not getting your boots stolen. Airport Security from UC4 was a level I played that sort of had this type of concept, just with clearing bombs. Great level, though.

Pchi Yesu (60)- An anagram of Chip Suey from CCLP1 and a great level. Also one of my favorite levels from CCLP1

Sheer Mountain Range (61)- I love that part in the SW part of the level that had the blocks already on ice and after you pushed it it wanders around through the random force floors and blowing up a bomb at the end. I thought that was really COOL!

Very Sokoban, Unoriginal Plz, lel (79)- Good continuation of the mini sokoban levels with long titles from JoshL5

Well, that's all for now. I am looking forward to see what the rest of the new levels look like. Keep up the good work! Slight smile