bug in editor?
Quote:

The switch needs the wire tunnels, but the horizontal wire tunnels shouldn't be necessary.

It's possible; you just have to do this:

[Image: wtjapNK.png]

(blocking off the teleport is optional but recommended)

wait, so for some reason wires going through a teleport like this connects them in a different way? I thought wires couldn't pass through thin walls.

----

on a different note: this is a possible bug in the game, not editor but; I'm sure most have noticed that if a block cloning machine is blocked in the direction it's facing, a block will still clone and come out in the opposite direction; even one way blocks facing the wrong way.

I know that they've been updating the game a little bit [i've noticed it change in a few minor ways over the past months], anyone know if they plan to address any bugs like this and other things in the future?
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
Quote:wait, so for some reason wires going through a teleport like this connects them in a different way? I thought wires couldn't pass through thin walls.

----

on a different note: this is a possible bug in the game, not editor but; I'm sure most have noticed that if a block cloning machine is blocked in the direction it's facing, a block will still clone and come out in the opposite direction; even one way blocks facing the wrong way.

I know that they've been updating the game a little bit [i've noticed it change in a few minor ways over the past months], anyone know if they plan to address any bugs like this and other things in the future?

Wires can pass through thin walls.

And the block cloning behavior isn't a bug. If a clone machine is connected by wire (not by red button) and its initial cloning direction gets blocked, it will start cloning in another direction. This feature gets used in CC2 #192 (Boiler Room), as well as in some custom levels.
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
green teleporters seem to be not always so random.

I've lined up green teleports so that monsters clone into one [always in one direction] and come out 5 or 6 others [forced in the same direction] but sometimes, it seems like they always come out of the same one over and over.

Often what's happened is; on the first test; the same teleport keeps activating. If I delete that teleporter then it appears to be "fixed" at least momentarily, because on the next test the other remaining teleports will be selected; seemingly randomly. But this problem kept happening a lot while testing a level I was working on. I can upload a picture if my description isn't very good.

-Hakwin Rinzai

-'The Dude' Lebowski
Green teleports, like walkers, are pseudo-random (so the same number is used every time). If you look at the lesson level where they're introduced, you'll notice that Chip gets sent to the left about 7 of the first 8 teleports. I think they actually use the same random numbers as the walkers, so when walkers bounce/green teleports are used should affect the random results.
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
thanks for the info.

Here's something else I'm sure people noticed; if you have a lot of wires/logic gates present in a level; if they're on screen in the editor there is considerable lag when drawing or selecting, but only when the wires are visible.

-Hakwin Rinzai

-'The Dude' Lebowski
this is a bug in the game not the editor but;

I'm sure someone's noticed already; if a trap is triggered by wire, by a "pulse" [sometimes] if something is in the trap it will not be released or move forward.

In case anyone doesn't know; a pulse refers to a when a wire is triggered by something moving over a button continuously; that is the monster or chip doesn't stop on the button so the time the wire is triggered is very short, or when a east-west counter reaches 0.

-Hakwin Rinzai

-'The Dude' Lebowski
I've noticed that too, except the version of the bug i came across involved a trap button instead of wires. Never got around to adding it to the public bug list, though.
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
thanks for posting that link again. I had lost it.

EDIT: I may have discovered a related glitch: it seems that this may not only effect traps but also logic gates; as in a "pulse" had no effect on a counter gate when it should've. I have not verified this however.

I can say that the effect is either non-existent or not as bad on pink or green toggle doors. I haven't had it happen in that instance.

It also seems like this bug only happens under certain circumstances, because in some tests the trap worked every time.

EDIT: I just confirmed this does happen. A pulse is sent through a sytem of wires and gates, and ultimately reaches a counter gate [east-west] it should go up one increment but does not. While holding down the button for at least a second it works as intended.

-Hakwin Rinzai

-'The Dude' Lebowski
In the instance i came across with the trap button, it only happened if i pressed it coming from a certain direction.

I'm curious what your setup is. Can you share an image or c2m file of it?
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
I can confirm it also happens with brown buttons. I forgot about it until you mentioned it but I did see this also. I don't know about a direction.

My setup [which I mention above.] if pretty big. Basically; either me or an enemy pressing a pink button by walking continuously over it is not correctly triggering wires correctly. Interestingly; the problem may be happening somewhere in the tangle of wires because I could visually see the wire turning quickly near the button but the counter gate is not responding; either the gate is effected directly or somewhere the wires are losing it [or another gate].

this picture probably isn't real good but I don't want to reveal this whole level because it would spoil it [i plan to upload my levelpack sometime soon].
Basically the wire in question will pass through 6-8 logic gates [including counters] before reaching the counter at the end. [btw, it has nothing to do with those incomplete wires, I just drew them up quick because the real pink button and other gates are off screen, the image would be too big.

http://cczone.invisionzone.com/uploads/gallery/category_3/gallery_127_3_2155.png

the funny thing is; I haven't yet experienced it with anything else; like doors. For example on another level when I first discovered this on the trap I had a fireball go through a straight line of traps but when it didn't work I switched to a series of force floors and pink toggle doors to achieve the same result; and then it worked just fine. There was no glitch with the toggle doors [still from pulses].

-Hakwin Rinzai

-'The Dude' Lebowski