bug in editor?
Quote:As another programmer, I can't count how many times I've told myself this Smiley.

Indeed! In this case "it ought to work" really means "someone ought to have noticed this".
I know how to draw wires, but how do you make them jump from one tile to another without interrupting the circuit?
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
Quote:I know how to draw wires, but how do you make them jump from one tile to another without interrupting the circuit?

You can either use steel walls or wire tunnels Slight smile
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Remember that wire tunnels can be nested, so if you put two east tunnels in a row, then a west tunnel, it will only connect to the second east tunnel.

So far I've found that while tunnels seem cleaner, they are more confusing to figure out.

If you have a lot of connections, make all your walls metal.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
To be honest I can't believe no one pointed out this bug in the editor. It seems super obvious.

[Image: NeJmJM7.png]

I'll revoke my CCZone membership license now.
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
Quote:To be honest I can't believe no one pointed out this bug in the editor. It seems super obvious.

Clapping
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Quote:You can either use steel walls or wire tunnels Slight smile
I was searching for those wire tunnels. I didn't realize that they were their own tile in the editor Fail Thanks.

Quote:Remember that wire tunnels can be nested, so if you put two east tunnels in a row, then a west tunnel, it will only connect to the second east tunnel.

So far I've found that while tunnels seem cleaner, they are more confusing to figure out.

If you have a lot of connections, make all your walls metal.
Unfortunately in the level I am currently designing that could not work because it has horizontal and vertical wire crossing each other. I will try to limit the use of tunnels to when it is required, however.

Quote:To be honest I can't believe no one pointed out this bug in the editor. It seems super obvious.

That's not a bug, that's an ant!
CC is awesome!

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

Quote:Unfortunately in the level I am currently designing that could not work because it has horizontal and vertical wire crossing each other. I will try to limit the use of tunnels to when it is required, however.

If I'm understanding you correctly, this is not a problem because horizontal and vertical wires crossing are not connected to each other. It impossible to have a "four-way" wire connection.
Quote:If I'm understanding you correctly, this is not a problem because horizontal and vertical wires crossing are not connected to each other. It impossible to have a "four-way" wire connection.
This is the part of the level that was problematic:

[Image: jL2BzUh.png?1]

I wanted the swich to work with the horizontal wire and not the vertical one, and to prevent the wires on the right from connecting with the vertical wire.
CC is awesome!

Quote:This is the part of the level that was problematic:

[Image: jL2BzUh.png?1]

I wanted the swich to work with the horizontal wire and not the vertical one, and to prevent the wires on the right from connecting with the vertical wire.

The switch needs the wire tunnels, but the horizontal wire tunnels shouldn't be necessary.

Quote:It's impossible to have a "four-way" wire connection.

It's possible; you just have to do this:

[Image: wtjapNK.png]

(blocking off the teleport is optional but recommended)
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam