JCCLP2
So I just released my second set of 149 levels, appropriately titled JCCLP2, though this isn't another "best-of" pack of my levels. Discuss the set here!
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
So I just re-released my second set of 149 levels still titled JCCLP2, but this time it is another "best-of" pack of my levels. Discuss the set here if you want!

http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/564-jcclp2/
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

I've been playing the new version of JCCLP2 in Lynx, and I have solved the first 75 levels except 71. I did not use an editor most of the time. Here is some feedback on most of the levels, except a few I had already reviewed in JoshL6:

1: That's one way of starting a set. This is surprisingly fun.

2: This is an ordinary, easy level.

3: Better than many itemswappers.

6: I'm a bit disappointed to see this one here. There are other, better levels in JoshL6 I didn't see so far in this set.

7: I've seen better mazes, but I still like this one.

8: Amazing concept. This might be good enough for CCLP4.

9: When I played this in JoshL5, I found this extremely hard. But since then I've solved CCLP3, so in the end it's not that hard, but it's still fun.

10: I like the paramecia spinning around the edge. It's an ordinary level, but I don't see what it has to do with Alaska's oil pipelines.

13: It's not particularly good. It would have been nice if some fireballs were facing different directions. In MSCC this changes nothing, but it would look better in Lynx.

14: It's a fun level.

15: I hate walkers most of the time, but this level uses them very well. It's very fun.

16: Fun maze, awesome title.

17: This level looks like a giant piece of candy. It's one of the best levels so far.

20: This is a really great level. It would have been nice if you had put a last puzzle in the bottom left area, but that's only a minor problem. I would like to see this in CCLP4.

21: I've seen better force floor mazes.

22: Amazing concept.

23: Levels with thick thin walls should be done more often. The title also caused me to think about the purpose of my life and what I should do about it, so thank you for that.

24: I generally don't like levels where you have to dig paths around monsters, especially when the playing area consists of chips instead of dirt. This level is no exception. Sorry.

25: That's not a very good level. Sorry.

26: Better than After the Rainstorm, and very fun.

28: I really like it. The title is nice too.

29: The TCCLPRejects level was awesome. This one is Lynx compatible and better.

30: As I played through the level, I kept wondering what was its purpose. When I exited on the first try, I still hadn't found it.

31: Great title, worrying time limit...but I guess that's intentional. Still, this is a bit unfair in Lynx. In MS it's a fun level.

33: That's one of the best ice mazes I've played in a long time.

34: No cypher? I don't mind. I still like this level.

35: Better than I expected.

36: Better than the previous one.

37: There needs to be more levels like this.

38: This is a short level. The only real challenge is the hint.

39: This one took me forever to solve. I don't think it's really that good, but it isn't very bad either.

41: This level is better in Lynx because paramecia are easier to see using the TW tileset than the MSCC tileset. Also, my brain has recovered from nonsensical writings, allowing me to appreciate this level's full potential.

42: This level feels like a waste of a perfectly good sokoban. The only real challenge is finding the yellow keys. Sorry.

43: This level is fun, but VERY short.

44: I think this level is ordinary.

45: This is a very fun level.

47: Levels like this should be done more often.

48: I generally don't like levels with strict time limits, but this one is very fun.

50: I HATE WALKERS ARGGH!!! Other than that and the force floor slide, nice level.

51: This level is fun and looks great.

52: It's a fun level.

53: This level remind me of Color Wheel in CCLP3, and for a while I was almost convinced this was an entry for the Walls of CCLP3 contest. It's better than Color Wheel, I think.

55: Surprisingly hard, considering there are only two blocks per sokoban. I like it.

56: Walls of CC1? It's a fun level, but nothing special.

57: Great level. The various puzzles are fun, and the walker part is priceless.

58: Ordinary. Sorry.

59: Still as great in Lynx.

61: I've seen better blue wall levels.

63: I hate spiders. But this level is fun.

64: It's still the best level I ever played that is not in an official set. I hate boosting.

65: Better than the original Amsterdam.

67: All I can say is: thanks for not using invisible walls.

68: I wish that glitch was emulated by Tile World...anyway it's a great level, and I would like to see it in CCLP4.

69: This level looks good, with the green lock patterns, but it is not very fun. It is very easy to miss a chip and have to go through the whole level to pick it up.

70: This level is extremely easy. It's essentially just "don't pick up green keys" and use the locks to take care of the rest.

71: I haven't solved it yet. Is there a secret trick or anything? I don't really fancy outrunning fireballs...

73: I would like to see this in CCLP4.

74: Why did all the H&H threads die? They were fun...anyway I like this level, it's fun and it looks great.

75: The outer mazes are well designed. The middle section is fun.

I hope to review the second half of the set soon, but it will probably be much harder than the first one, so it may take me a while.
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
Quote:1: That's one way of starting a set. This is surprisingly fun.

6: I'm a bit disappointed to see this one here. There are other, better levels in JoshL6 I didn't see so far in this set.

7: I've seen better mazes, but I still like this one.

8: Amazing concept. This might be good enough for CCLP4.

11: I like the paramecia spinning around the edge. It's an ordinary level, but I don't see what it has to do with Alaska's oil pipelines.

13: It's not particularly good. It would have been nice if some fireballs were facing different directions. In MSCC this changes nothing, but it would look better in Lynx.

16: Fun maze, awesome title.

17: This level looks like a giant piece of candy. It's one of the best levels so far.

21: I've seen better force floor mazes.

23: Levels with thick thin walls should be done more often. The title also caused me to think about the purpose of my life and what I should do about it, so thank you for that.

24: I generally don't like levels where you have to dig paths around monsters, especially when the playing area consists of chips instead of dirt. This level is no exception. Sorry.

25: That's not a very good level. Sorry.

26: Better than After the Rainstorm, and very fun.

30: As I played through the level, I kept wondering what was its purpose. When I exited on the first try, I still hadn't found it.

31: Great title, worrying time limit...but I guess that's intentional. Still, this is a bit unfair in Lynx. In MS it's a fun level.

33: That's one of the best ice mazes I've played in a long time.

34: No cypher? I don't mind. I still like this level.

35: Better than I expected.

36: Better than the previous one.

37: There needs to be more levels like this.

39: This one took me forever to solve. I don't think it's really that good, but it isn't very bad either.

41: This level is better in Lynx because paramecia are easier to see using the TW tileset than the MSCC tileset. Also, my brain has recovered from nonsensical writings, allowing me to appreciate this level's full potential.

42: This level feels like a waste of a perfectly good sokoban. The only real challenge is finding the yellow keys. Sorry.

45: This is a very fun level.

47: Levels like this should be done more often.

48: I generally don't like levels with strict time limits, but this one is very fun.

50: I HATE WALKERS ARGGH!!! Other than that and the force floor slide, nice level.

51: This level is fun and looks great.

53: This level remind me of Color Wheel in CCLP3, and for a while I was almost convinced this was an entry for the Walls of CCLP3 contest. It's better than Color Wheel, I think.

55: Surprisingly hard, considering there are only two blocks per sokoban. I like it.

56: Walls of CC1? It's a fun level, but nothing special.

57: Great level. The various puzzles are fun, and the walker part is priceless.

59: Still as great in Lynx.

61: I've seen better blue wall levels.

64: It's still the best level I ever played that is not in an official set. I hate boosting.

67: All I can say is: thanks for not using invisible walls.

68: I wish that glitch was emulated by Tile World...anyway it's a great level, and I would like to see it in CCLP4.

69: This level looks good, with the green lock patterns, but it is not very fun. It is very easy to miss a chip and have to go through the whole level to pick it up.

70: This level is extremely easy. It's essentially just "don't pick up green keys" and use the locks to take care of the rest.

71: I haven't solved it yet. Is there a secret trick or anything? I don't really fancy outrunning fireballs...

73: I would like to see this in CCLP4.

74: Why did all the H&H threads die? They were fun...anyway I like this level, it's fun and it looks great.

75: The outer mazes are well designed. The middle section is fun.

1. I chose this level as the start because it's extremely simple to play and to get the bold time as well. Jeffrey also mentioned this would be a good first level in CCLP4 which I first didn't agree with but now not so much.

6. I don't see this as a bad level it's just a maze that's confusing and in my opinion, a good level to introduce long mazes.

7. What kind of mazes have you seen that are better than this one? I'm curious about that.

8. I hope this gets into CCLP4, I don't see any flaws with it. Slight smile

11. It has nothing to do with Alaska, it's just an easy variety level with the outside paramecia as an aesthetic. I named it Alaska because that said aesthetic made me think of the oil pipelines up there.

13. I didn't think fireballs facing other directions really mattered honestly but fair enough. It's just chip collecting though.

16. Simple maze design is simple!

17. I'm quite surprised with that feedback but thanks Tongue

21. See 7.

23. Lolz no problem Heart

24. Of the few pure melee levels I've made, this is one of the better ones. It requires some thought and strategy to solve it.

25. How is this not a good level? Like I don't get what's bad about it other than the MS optimization side of it. If you could elaborate on that I'd appreciate it.

26. Has nothing to do with the Rainstorm levels Thumbs up

30. It's just another chip collecting level that would be tricky to optimize. Oh and it's aesthetics are beautiful.

31. Yeah I was aware it'd be tighter in Lynx but multiple blocks can be pushed so that minimizes waiting. If anything, it just requires a bit extra strategy in Lynx.

33. Thanks, it's very simply designed too!

34. No cypher level here either! That's why there's secret hints with passwords Slight smile I feel like the whole "Cypher" level should be abandoned since they are too expected.

35. Seems a lot of people think so Tongue

36. I think this is the much better one too.

37. I am inclined to agree with you on that!

39. It's tricky yes but it's still kind of fun I think. Some people like it, some don't.

41. Heart <3 Heart

42. It's Bummbua Banubauabgv inspired and I think it's a good puzzle level. It's not really a sokoban at all.

45. You're probably the only one who has thought so. Thumbs up

47. I like it too. Not a lot of people do, however. I don't really know why.

48. This was a submission for a create comp that required a level to only have 60 seconds. I extended it to 100 in the set it comes from (JoshL4) but decided to give it back the initial time limit for this set. Slight smile

50. I'll admit the walkers are very dumb in this level.

51. And hell to optimize too!

53. Nope, I actually made this level a long time ago. It wasn't for any competition either.

55. Thumbs up

56. Yep, this won the CC1 walls competition a few years back! And I'm very happy it did, I think it's a ton of fun to play. Slight smile

57. Yeah this is another one I'm hoping does well in CCLP4.

59. Just as great in any ruleset (even CC2 if I ported it!).

61. There might be better blue wall levels but this is by far my best and most favorite one.

64. At least I removed a glider for you Wink

67. Lol no problem Thumbs up

68. This one is underrated. I hope it does well in CCLP4.

69. Really? I think it's a blast to play even if you miss a chip. And if you miss one, at least it's possible to find it and not have to restart!

70. Yes it is easy but the concept was never really done till this level. Which is why it's an all time favorite of a lot of people (including myself).

71. You don't have to outrace any fireballs lolz. The trick is to grab the correct boot so the fireball still hits all the trap buttons.

73. This has actually gotten pretty great feedback from a few others which surprises me. Glad you liked it!

74. The Hurt and Heal threads I think died out sadly. Slight frown But once CCLP4 is released, I wouldn't be surprised if one for that set is done Thumbs up

Oh yeah you called a lot of levels "ordinary" and I have to ask, what is your definition of ordinary, Chipster? Not a bad thing I'm just curious.

The last half of the set isn't THAT difficult but it is pretty challenging in a few areas. Hope you have fun with it and thanks for the feedback. Slight smile
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Quote:7. What kind of mazes have you seen that are better than this one? I'm curious about that.24. Of the few pure melee levels I've made, this is one of the better ones. It requires some thought and strategy to solve it.

25. How is this not a good level? Like I don't get what's bad about it other than the MS optimization side of it. If you could elaborate on that I'd appreciate it.
48. This was a submission for a create comp that required a level to only have 60 seconds. I extended it to 100 in the set it comes from (JoshL4) but decided to give it back the initial time limit for this set. Slight smile

Oh yeah you called a lot of levels "ordinary" and I have to ask, what is your definition of ordinary, Chipster? Not a bad thing I'm just curious.

About the better mazes: I would say that levels 16, 29, 36, 40, 41, 47 and 60 in this set are better.

24: While looking at it in the editor, I realized that it's shaped like a glider. That's nice. This might be a better melee levels than most, but I generally don't like such chaotic levels. Sorry.

25: The problem I find is that it's large and very confusing. If the start of the level isn't played very well, some chips can be very hard to reach near the end. This might be better in CC2 with red teleports, because you could override the default direction.

48: I think 60 seconds is better than 100.

By ordinary I mean that it's a fun level that I enjoyed playing, but I've played better ones. I wouldn't see them in CCLP4.
CC is awesome!

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

Quote:About the better mazes: I would say that levels 16, 29, 36, 40, 41, 47 and 60 in this set are better.

24: While looking at it in the editor, I realized that it's shaped like a glider. That's nice. This might be a better melee levels than most, but I generally don't like such chaotic levels. Sorry.

25: The problem I find is that it's large and very confusing. If the start of the level isn't played very well, some chips can be very hard to reach near the end. This might be better in CC2 with red teleports, because you could override the default direction.

Oh okay. I was mainly asking if there's better mazes (that aren't mine) that use the elements that levels 7 and 21 have, which there probably are I'm not that bias. Tongue I think Dream World is the better of the two since I'm not the biggest fan of pure force floor mazes and it is smaller and has better aesthetics. Though Enter Galactic is very open compared to most force floor levels.

24. That's fair enough. I don't like melee levels either but that is the one level genre I never made a lot of.

25. I can see it being confusing if you didn't know how teleports worked but... I know that's not the case here. I'm 99% sure it's impossible to cook the level by trapping chips too. The only real way to have trouble collecting chips is if you make them hard to collect yourself. Even then they shouldn't be hard to collect if you play with the teleports the right way. Going up and down through the teleports instead of left and right makes this level easy to solve. If you still don't like it, that's fair but I feel I should at least defend the fact it's not meant to be as confusing as you're making it out to be. Slight smile
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Just posting here to make it more obvious that I updated JCCLP2 with a few minor changes. Smashing Your Teeth with Bricks and Divide by Zero now have lowered chip counts (meaning there are now extras in those levels). I also altered a few other time limits just for the heck of it, most of which are done so in the second half of the set. I don't think solutions will be affected but if they are, I apologize.
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

I would have reviewed this earlier, but there was CCLP4 testing, and then real life gave me problems. Bug loop Bug loop Bug loop Bug loop Bug loop

Anyway, here is some feedback on most levels between 76 and 125. As previously, I played in Lynx.

71: I solved it. Interesting concept, although some rooms are much harder to figure out than others.

77: Well I'm not really a fan of mazes like this...

79: This is a fun level. I like the fact that the border cannot be touched despite not there being an actual "border".

80: Surprisingly fun.

81: This is a fun concept, but the time limit feels strict.

82: Heart

83: CCLP4 needs blob levels. This one would probably be good enough.

84: The tank part is especially fun.

87: I haven't solved it yet. I don't know if I will. I hate walkers.

88: Good hidden wall maze.

91: It took me way too long to figure out how to get past the glider room. But this is overall a great level.

92: I remember a recessed wall maze near the end of CC2, I forgot the title...either way this one is better than the CC2 level.

94: I can see some players having issues with the title. In the end, it's just another blue/hidden wall maze, nothing special.

96: I liked it, it was fun.

97: The red key/bug room was extremely hard and very late in the level. Other than that, I have no complaints.

98: The best walker level ever. Amazing.

99: Compressed maze is hard but fun.

100: Good idea to put this in the 100 slot.

101: Sorry, I still don't like it.

102: The gameplay feels ordinary, but the pattern is awesome.

103: I like rain. Anyway, this level doesn't have any real challenge, but I like it.

104: I would like to see this in CCLP4. The trick with the teleport is amazing.

106: Minor bust: it is not necessary to use the clone machine at [3,0] because there are already enough existing blocks around where the two chips were. But this remains a very fun level, the hidden walls add to the aesthetics, and blue walls are used very well.

108: This is a weird concept. It's fun, mostly.

109: At first, I was terrified of the slide, but in the end it's not painful at all. This is a good level.

110: There should be more ice mazes where the skates are available right at the start.

111: The overall layout reminds me of Metal Harbour, which is a layout I have cloned myself. Either way I failed to solve it. I am missing one block...

112: This is better in Lynx because the bugs are easier to see. I solved it on the first try.

113: I like the heart shape. This is a fun level, and the partial post at the end is very creative. Unfortunately, solving this level was one of the first things I did this morning, so I shall forever associate it with the dream I had just gone through. Flyairth gets annoyed because Primrose is not part of the owsla, to which she replies that she did participate in training shortly after giving birth to “keep her figure”. No matter which way you look at it, it makes no sense, sorry Josh.

114: I am not a fan of this level. The bug in the fireball room makes it very difficult, and the key room is extremely easy to cook. Extra keys would be appreciated.

116: It took me forever to make it through the first room, but after that I breezed through the rest. I would like to see this in CCLP4. However, it does feel slightly awkward that only Glider Identity and Glider Legacy make it into JCCLP2 with Supremacy and Ultimatum only appearing in JoshL5 (by the way is the fourth film of the series any good? I've only seen the first three)

118: The glider room seems very hard except for those who use an editor (unless there is a pattern in the blue walls?) Other than that, it's a fun level.

119: I would like to see this in CCLP4.

120: Most disturbing level title so far in this set, but great level.

121: The concept is good, but the level is too easy. I solved it on the first try, and the latest update did not break my solution.

122: Surprisingly fun. The hint didn't really help me, though.

123: This is a fun level.

125: I like those constantly flipping gliders.

I hope to review the last few levels soon.
CC is awesome!

Just finished completing this set and I like the revised version a little better than the first version of it. The 2 medley levels (145 and 149) were phenomenal and both of them of a good job of aesthetics ans game-play. I'm also thankful that The Flying Toaster War wasn't put back into the re-release since I got frustrated playing it. Speaking of that level I had a lot of rage on JCCLP level 77 (Walker Box), that level was CHAOTIC and nerve wracking. If it were to be nerfed, I'd suggest lowering the chip count or making the walker cloning less frequent. Other than that great levelset full of many fun and creative levels to play.
JCCLP2 has been updated, hopefully for the last time. There was a bust I completely overlooked in Sandstorms in the Underworld (133) that was found by chipster1059, which originally you could skip getting the skates and immediately get the green key. This has been fixed. Slight smile
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects