Dragon Pack - Discussion
I just hope Flareon makes it in... Just saying... Sorry if it seems like I'm spamming.
MY WEAPON SUCKS!
Sparkman, if it helps give you some closure about this - I'll just go ahead and reveal that Flareon is sitting at 522nd place out of 654 levels with 15 or more votes and has an average rating of 2.91 with 22 votes. It's almost certainly not going to make it into CCLP1 at this point. Additionally, based on the comments I've received and heard on here and the CC Skype group, there seems to be a strong opinion shared among many community members that "mosaic" levels that form pictures viewable only from an editor or map, which beginners presumably won't be using while playing the levels, are inappropriate for CCLP1.
Quote:Sparkman, if it helps give you some closure about this - I'll just go ahead and reveal that Flareon is sitting at 522nd place out of 654 levels with 15 or more votes and has an average rating of 2.91 with 22 votes. It's almost certainly not going to make it into CCLP1 at this point. Additionally, based on the comments I've received and heard on here and the CC Skype group, there seems to be a strong opinion shared among many community members that "mosaic" levels that form pictures viewable only from an editor or map, which beginners presumably won't be using while playing the levels, are inappropriate for CCLP1.

Well this bummed me out.

Additionally, if it's inappropriate for CCLP1, these kinds of levels shouldn't of been allowed in the voting in the first place.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
I think J.B. is just saying that people are unlikely to vote for mosaic levels unless they have other determining "fun" or "beginner accessibility" factors that don't necessarily relate to the image, because they aren't all that valuable to a beginner if they don't make a map or view it in an editor. On the other hand, CC1 did have some of these (I think level 90, Playhouse, looks like some arcade or pinball machine in the editor).
Quote:I think J.B. is just saying that people are unlikely to vote for mosaic levels unless they have other determining "fun" or "beginner accessibility" factors that don't necessarily relate to the image, because they aren't all that valuable to a beginner if they don't make a map or view it in an editor. On the other hand, CC1 did have some of these (I think level 90, Playhouse, looks like some arcade or pinball machine in the editor).

That's the one that immediately comes to mind, though it's not nearly as big as the Flareon mosaic, which does require a map to fully appreciate. In fact, when I was little, I could tell something was there when I played Playhouse, but I interpreted it as "a house where plays are performed" and assumed that it was some stage or entrance to a stage. Tongue
I loved flareon, I just don't think it's appropriate for CCLP1. But I give the level 5 stars on a personal level.
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
Quote:Additionally, if it's inappropriate for CCLP1, these kinds of levels shouldn't of been allowed in the voting in the first place.

This wasn't exactly a consensus that the staff reached, which is why it was deemed worthy to be at least considered in voting to begin with. The same applies to the "CC1 patchwork" levels.
Aww man...

I just wanted a canon Pokemon/Chips Challenge crossover like how Dopefish was mentioned in CCLP2 or how Mario was parodied in CCLP3
MY WEAPON SUCKS!
I think it's pretty safe to say that the design gimmicks of those levels were actually possible to discern in-game without the use of a map, though. Slight smile
Quote:Sparkman, if it helps give you some closure about this - I'll just go ahead and reveal that Flareon is sitting at 522nd place out of 654 levels with 15 or more votes and has an average rating of 2.91 with 22 votes. It's almost certainly not going to make it into CCLP1 at this point. Additionally, based on the comments I've received and heard on here and the CC Skype group, there seems to be a strong opinion shared among many community members that "mosaic" levels that form pictures viewable only from an editor or map, which beginners presumably won't be using while playing the levels, are inappropriate for CCLP1.

[Now I'm late once again and my input is probably not real important but anyway] I just feel like pointing out a question: why is it presumed that newcomers won't have an editor? The editor(s) are widely talked about in the same areas as custom level sets and it seems to me that a lot of people who would play any CCLP, including this one actually would have an editor. Even if they don't want to create levels. When I first discovered the custom level scene, I only did so through the editor really, after finding Chit edit.

I thought Mirror and Thief were great and levels in CCLP2. With these kind of levels you might not see the picture but you get an idea and it explains what's going on in the hint tile. I think a level like this adds a lot of flavor to a community set.
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski