Pointless CC Trivia Thread
Chuck's Challenge 3D is a game by Chuck Sommerville. It is similar to Chip's Challenge, except its grid is 32 x 32 x 32. Chuck's Challenge 4D is expected to be announced soon.
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
Quote:Chuck's Challenge 3D is a game by Chuck Sommerville. It is similar to Chip's Challenge, except its grid is 32 x 32 x 32. Chuck's Challenge 4D is expected to be announced soon.
ChipEdit was a program developed by Microsoft alongside MSCC. It was used to port the levels from the Lynx game to the MS game. It was supposed to be released as part of WEP4, but Bill Gates was in a hurry to get the pack released. It was finally released a few years later by former MS programmer John Elion.
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
Skelzie is the only level in CC1 that was found impossible because of a certain wall configuration, because of this, the MS playtesters were forced to fix the center area from a 11x11 grid area to a 11x13 grid area.
The only official levels whose time limit is a prime number are KNOT (29) and NIGHTMARE (199) of CC1.
Quote:Number of levels without blocks in CCLP1 - 0 as of this date.
63 as of this date.

The 81-90 decade has only 1 level without blocks, Starry Night.

The 41-50 decade has 8 levels without blocks- only Mughfe and Bombs Away! contain blocks.

Also, I took <a class="bbc_url" href="https://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/546-pointless-cc-trivia-thread/?p=17199">this post</a> as a challenge to see how many insanely stupid cooks were missed.

Quote:2. Naomi's Bug Collection You can use the 2 blocks at the start to trap a bug in front of a lock. This would be cookable even with one block by trapping the left bug n the space of the left red lock.

7. The Parallel Port You can cook this level by picking up the skates and then going back onto the thief.

10. Sudden Death You can cook this level by going on the force floor slide to the exit without all the chips.

12. Work Fast You can cook this level by going down to the thieves without the chips.

14. Chase Race You can cook this level by pressing "down" after picking up the skates, by teleporting to the right at any time or by leaving behind the chip in the teeth area.

19. Hurry Up, Chip! You can cook this level by following the block at (26, 8), or by releasing the glider and letting it get to the exit hallway first.

22. Planet of the Teeth Alright, you'd have to be TRYING to cook this one, but removing the blue lock and luring the teeth monster nearby into the teleport makes teleporting from the right from (16,15) a deathtrap. This makes the chip at (17, 16) inaccessible, permanently, cooking the level.

25. Loop Holes There are 4 red keys, 4 yellow keys and 4 blue keys in the level. There are 6 of each color lock. It's possible to spend every key on the locks in the corners and leave the chips at (13, 18) and (17, 18) unreachable.

28. Mads Rush II Pick up the skates, backtrack to the thief. Level cooked.

29. Fire Bugs Upon reaching the buried Chip tile, stepping any direction other than left seals off the flippers forever.

31. Frost Swirl Easily cookable by leaving any of the 3 same color key for key+chip trades for last.

33. Tutti-Frutti This level can be cooked by collecting both pairs of fireboots, then hitting the thief by the toggle switch without the chip at (0, 0) collected.

34. Loop This level can be cooked by leaving behind chips and hitting a thief, or by backtracking to a thief after getting the fireboots.

37. Oorto Gled II You have 4 blocks, and access to corners. This can trap the 2 fireballs, making some chips unobtainable. Another method would be directing fireballs onto a blocked teleport, making the exit unreachable. Another method would be just plugging a doorway with 2 blocks, making everything past it unreachable. Finally, you could just remove both sockets and replace them with blocks, making the exit unreachable for the truly determined cooker.

38. Paramecia Press right after stepping on the first thief.

40. Miscellaneous Another convoluted cook, but playing the level normally up to the flippers. Then clone gliders in such a way so that the tank button will be hit (preferably only once), which will trap Chip on the ice area. I have not tested this, but it should at least in theory be possible to cook the level in this way. It's a tough one to cook due to the bust Tongue

41. Gauntlet This level can be cooked by taing the block back through the blob room, blocking the glider cloners with it and then pushing it down. Then, clone a ton of gliders and eventually the ball/tank room will become impassable.

11. Race for the Chips Sorta kinda cookable by going for a chip in such a way so that the teeth will kill you, but the exact terminology is up for debate.

16.5: Ladder Needs a Wash Either this is cookable and Race for the Chips is cookable, or neither are.

24. Jungle Same reasoning as the other 2 levels down here.

30. Cra-zy I believe it would be possible to let the fireball room flood, making the exit unreachable, but surviving that long...it's another borderline case.
So, that's 41-17+1=25 uncookable CCLP2 levels by any definition. By the looser "can be trapped for a few moves before dying" definition, it drops to only 21. I think I'll compile a similar list for CCLP1 and CC1, since this is fun Tongue
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
Levels considered for level 149 of CCLP1: Roads to Victory (not in final set), California, Chip Alone, and Clubhouse.

It has been almost three years since this thread had a new post, yet it was quoted today in Skype.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Quote:Official Levels with odd time limits:

CC1:

Level 60 (Scoundrel) - 294

You're the one who's odd, Ben. ;-)
It's Jan A from the early Chip days. I've been collecting user level sets since 1999, and am happy to share from my collection. Let me know what you're looking for.
Ah, double meanings. Fits for odd as in strange but not odd as in uneven.
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
Quote:Number of levels without blocks in CC1 - 75

Number of levels without blocks in CCLP2 - 53

Number of levels without blocks in CCLP3 - 17

While we are not close to finalizing the level list for CCLP4, among the levels we have chosen we know that CCLP4 will have more levels without blocks than CCLP3 did.