Pointless CC Trivia Thread
In CC2, the map can be anything up to 40 by 40.
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
Madhav, I think your total is wrong, too. You didn't count ice tiles on the second layer, of which there are 84 occurrences: 3 in MUGGER SQUARE, 68 in SHRINKING, 8 in ICEHOUSE, and 5 in Thanks to... . (The ones in Thanks to... are buried under other ice tiles.)

So the true total is 10374.
k I edited a message and accidentally re-posted it, and thanks to not being able to delete posts, this post just has to remain here.
ZK1 / ZK2 / ZK3 / ZK3: Abandoned / ZK4 / ZK5

Bronze / Silver / Gold
<i>[not counting double layers, and counting both versions of CC1]</i>

When CC1 was released in 1989 for the Atari Lynx, there were 151,552 tiles in official level packs.

At the release of MSCC in 1992 through WEP4 and later BOWEP, there were 304,128 tiles in official level packs.

At the release of CCLP2, there were 456,704 tiles in official level packs.

At the release of CCLP3 [as of currently] there were and are 609,280 tiles in official level packs.

Post-CCLP1 release, there will then be 761,856 tiles in official level packs.

There will be not be 1,000,000 tiles until the release of the pack after the pack that is after CCLP1, which may or may not happen.

Of all those tiles, only 595 are Chip starting tiles, and will be 744 post-CCLP1 release.

That being said, Chip starting positions only take up 0.00019%
of all official level set tiles!

Bronze / Silver / Gold
Quote:Madhav, I think your total is wrong, too. You didn't count ice tiles on the second layer, of which there are 84 occurrences: 3 in MUGGER SQUARE, 68 in SHRINKING, 8 in ICEHOUSE, and 5 in Thanks to... . (The ones in Thanks to... are buried under other ice tiles.)

I didn't count the Ice/Ice combo on Thanks to... either, but I did include the second layer on all other levels. Basically the only mistake I made was on RINK.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Quote:Madhav, I think your total is wrong, too. You didn't count ice tiles on the second layer, of which there are 84 occurrences: 3 in MUGGER SQUARE, 68 in SHRINKING, 8 in ICEHOUSE, and 5 in Thanks to... . (The ones in Thanks to... are buried under other ice tiles.)

Ah... Fire block Serves me right for being over-confident about my little awk command. Apologies to Josh.

And I love how meticulous the three of us have been about this. Smiley

- Madhav.
Quote:That being said, Chip starting positions only take up 0.00019%
of all official level set tiles!
You added the other stuff correctly, but the percentage should be ~0.098%, meaning that every 32 x 32 level has only one starting position! Slight smile

If we don't count the original CC1 for Lynx because it is similar enough to MSCC1, then CC1+CCLP2+CCLP3 have 149 x 3 x 1024= 457,728 tiles. I wonder how many of these are actually reachable by Chip? And how many are reachable by Chip in a way that the level in question can still be solved? Any guesses on the percentages? I'll guess 20% on the second case.
Quote:I wonder how many of these are actually reachable by Chip? And how many are reachable by Chip in a way that the level in question can still be solved? Any guesses on the percentages? I'll guess 20% on the second case.

I suppose it depends on your definition of "reachable". For example, a level like ICEBERG has lots of water tiles that you can just step into, but dying precludes you somewhat from solving the level! There is a block cloner which would allow you to bridge to any random water tile you like without dying, but it would be impossible to reach them all in a single run with the paltry time limit of 150.

Combine this with the facts that:

[a] - almost every CC1 level has a complete wall tile border of some sort (although RINK, which has already been mentioned, is a prime example of where this is NOT the case!), which is (for a 32x32 level at least) 124 / 32<sup>2</sup> = 12.1% of the total tiles in the level, and...

- a good number of levels don't take up anywhere near the full 32x32 grid anyway. LESSON 2 has only 64 reachable tiles (in any one run), including blocks, bridged water spaces, floor under bugs, chips, socket and exit, leaving 32<sup>2</sup>-64 = 960 "unreachable" tiles, which make up 93.75% of the level.

Assuming we're considering reachable tiles in a single run that still allow Chip to reach the exit and complete the level, I think 20% is a pretty good estimate.
CC1: 5,954,550 (completed)
--- CCLP1: 5,989,110 (completed)
--- CCLP2: 5,936,410 (148 levels completed)
--- CCLP3: 1,223,887 (a few levels completed)

My levelset JRB_CCLP1.ccl
CCLP1 has not been released to the general community at the time of writing.

Bronze / Silver / Gold
Each Chip's Challenge level is a 33x33 square grid.
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam