What next in my CC blog?
So, at the start of the year I wrote I few entries in a blog here just to test out the system (click on Blogs up top). I plan on writing more entries as the year progresses, but would be interested in knowing what you guys would want to read. You can pitch your ideas here, and I will post below for some of the ideas I already have, two or three at a time. Then, when I get around to writing about them, I'll see which of the topics has had the most "vote up"s and write about that.

While waiting for the first votes to come in, go and read what I wrote last time :-)

-Miika

List of topic suggestions:

A: How I got into CC
- posted

B: Some CCLP4 thoughts

C: Comments on CCLP3 levels (part I)

D: Common Design Mistakes

E: Thoughts on level optimization

F: Short review of CCLP2
Topic suggestion A: How I got into CC

Vote this post up if you want to read about how I was introduced to CC and then later the CC community, and how I started improving my scores. I think it should serve as a glimpse as to why I play this game as a hobby and not something else.

EDIT: With four votes, this topic has now been posted: http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/blog/2/entry-10-how-i-got-into-chips-challenge/
Topic suggestion B: Some CCLP4 thoughts

Vote this post up if you want to read what my current expectations and ideas for CCLP4 are. It's early in the game for CCLP4, but I'm sure many of us already have formed some small ideas or wishes and such. For example, could it contain invalid tiles?
Topic suggestion C: Comments on CCLP3 levels (part 1)

Vote this post up if you want to read my opinions on the individual CCLP3 levels in order. How do I perceive the levels as a casual player, optimizer and wanna-be designer? I'll write a general CCLP3 review at some point too, but this would delve deeper into the levels and optimal routes.
Miika, I see what you have done, but please don't triple post in a topic. Edit the original next time or add a poll.

Anyway, I'd like to see a blog about your thoughts and feelings of an upcoming CCLP4.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Quote:Miika, I see what you have done, but please don't triple post in a topic. Edit the original next time or add a poll.

Anyway, I'd like to see a blog about your thoughts and feelings of an upcoming CCLP4.

I'm aware that I posted four messages in a row, but in this rare instance I considered it to be with good reason. It's much easier for me to see people's reactions when they only need a single click to answer my question, while making it a poll won't allow me to add more topics in the future as effectively. I thought it was a decent way to utilize the existing mechanics of the site and ultimately it will generate content that people are interested in. Give it time and you'll see I'm not just trying to boost my post count. Of course you are supposed to mention it though, so this doesn't get out of hand Wink
I posted a new blog post a few minutes ago, so I should also add another topic in here for you to vote on. I'm going to try to do this in the future too, so if you see a new post in this thread by me, you'll know to check the blog!

Topic suggestion D: Common Design Mistakes

Vote this post up if you want to read what I find to be some easy mistakes to avoid when building levels. I don't pretend to be a great designer of levels, but I do like commenting on others' designs, so I might be able to help you avoid falling for some common things that could be made better. If you understand how someone else might perceive a level you make, you'll go a long way in creating enjoyable levels.
E: Thoughts on level optimization

Vote this post up if you want to give me more reputation points see Miika's opinions, anecdotes, ideas, and...well, thoughts on achieving the fastest possible times on Chip's Challenge levels.
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
Quality of CCLP2 maybe?
ZK1 / ZK2 / ZK3 / ZK3: Abandoned / ZK4 / ZK5

Bronze / Silver / Gold
I say review CCLP2 as a topic would be interesting to read.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon