This thing's pretty impressive
http://us.akinator.com/#

Try it. It knows a lot of obscure people. It even got Chip McCallahan.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Damn, that thing got GLaDOS on question 13.
Holy crap this thing is pretty damn nice! It got Flareon on question 29 Smiley
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
This program is really cool! I've been experimenting with it for the last 45 minutes hour hour and a half or so...

Akinator guessed Chip in 30 questions, but it took 2 tries. The first time, it stopped on "Cool Spot" (LOLWUT?) and I had to tell it to go on. It seems to use the Microsoft version of Chip rather than the Lynx version, as it expected me to say "no" when asked if my character wears glasses, and said Chip does not have black hair. (Both of these answers are right in line with the MS Chip, but contradict Chip's Lynx appearance.)

It's really quite amazing how well it can guess even when your answers aren't quite what it expects. Yet sometimes you can answer "perfectly" and it still makes a premature, wrong guess (such as when it guessed Bowser after only a few questions and then got the correct answer of Koopa Troopa after a few more completely irrelevant questions).

I couldn't believe how extensive Akinator's knowledge is. As I expected it knows Chell, George Washington, and Plankton . It knows Mega Man, sure, but surprisingly it also knows all of the Robot Masters, getting 3 out of 5 right on the first try and getting only 1 wrong 3 times in a row. So far its most impressive correct guess has been CrashMan, on the question "Is your character associated with the color red?" and my answer "I don't know" Tongue (CrashMan is sort of reddish/orange in color, so I was telling the truth! It expected "yes.") Its worst incorrect guess was Larry the Lobster from Spongebob when I was thinking of Jar Jar Binks.

---

Interesting! It considers Anakin Skywalker to not be "bad" and Darth Vader to be "bad" even though they're the same person! <span style="font-size:10px;">(begin heated Jedi philosophical debate now)

---

Definitely fun to experiment with once or twice, or thirty times or so.
It didn't ask me about the character's hair colour or if he wore spectacles, but the image that I got at the end was the Lynx Chip...interesting.

Sometimes it asks the same question multiple times (I suspect this is to test you for consistency). When I did Alison Moyet, it asked me three times if my person was overweight (ouch!).

...also, it is apparently under the impression that Kylie Minogue isn't an actress. Unamused (But as you said, it can still get things right, even with erroneous information).

We'll save the Anakin/Vader debate for the SW thread. Slight smile

It got most of the chess players I threw at it: Paul Keres was the only one it missed. The thing was the most impressive was Bobby Fischer. I answered "No" to every question except for the "Is your character real?" question, and it still got the answer right in 19 guesses. It's sort of scary, actually. It even got things like Pig (from Pearls Before Swine),
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
I was answering questions for Chip McCallahan, and I lol'd when it asked "Can your character swim?"

Not without flippers...
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
Did you answer "probably/partially"? That's what I answered when it asked me if Chip wore boots. Slight smile

Oh, and it missed Boris Gelfand and Jenny Thompson. Dang.
OK that's creepy.

[Image: 33977_148903508573372_100003611717360_18...4109_n.jpg]

Damn, it got Chip pretty quick too! Smiley
ZK1 / ZK2 / ZK3 / ZK3: Abandoned / ZK4 / ZK5

Bronze / Silver / Gold
Dang thing got Foul Bachelor Frog. Thumbs up

It didn't have Melinda The Mental Marvel in its database, though. I had to introduce it.
Quote:Dang thing got Foul Bachelor Frog. Thumbs up

It didn't have Melinda The Mental Marvel in its database, though. I had to introduce it.

Teeth
ZK1 / ZK2 / ZK3 / ZK3: Abandoned / ZK4 / ZK5

Bronze / Silver / Gold