Not_CCLP1.dat
Ok, by now everybody knows about the CCLP1 staff's April Fools joke. I've uploaded the set as Not_CCLP1.dat both here and at the Yahoo! group.

All of the levels were taken strictly from sets submitted for CCLP1 consideration by the staff. A breakdown:

J.B. ~55

Tyler ~30

Rock ~20

Ben ~15

Dave ~15

Architect - 15

James - 1 (+ a collab)

Paul - 0 (he was with us in spirit, though)

Those last three numbers are exact, but the first few aren't. If the rest of the staff could quickly tally their totals and post them here, that would be great Tongue (I would do it but I'm not sure about the authorship of some of the levels and it would take considerably longer)

How it was made: Tyler assembled various levels from staff sets, Rock and I narrowed the number down to 149 and created the difficulty curve. The whole process I would estimate took around 5 hours, and it was all done on March 31.

In any case, I think the set is pretty decent as a whole. It has a decent difficulty curve, good level selection, and some appropriate level placements. Its main flaws are that the Cypher passwords are all invalid, that there a few bizarre level placements, and that its last level is too awesome to be put into words.

If anybody has any thoughts or questions on the set, this is the place Slight smile
Personally it should be called CCLP1_Advanced or something as this could be a harder version for the veteran CC players Slight smile this is just an idea though.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
The name is based off of a compilation of 93 levels that some user, don't know who, selected themselves and posted it on the Yahoo group as "CCLP3.dat" a few years ago. It was soon renamed by Chuck to "Not_CCLP3". So Not_CCLP1 sort of honors that. And plus, the best way to let people know that this is not CCLP1 is to name it "Not_CCLP1" Tongue We don't want anyone thinking this is official or anything.

I'm surprised that Rock kept in my super hard puzzles though Thumbs up
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
i count 8 from me:

20 - Five-Twelve

22 - Frog in a Well

53 - Luposlipophobia

78 - Watrewings

88 - Warehouse 8

110 - Slot Cars

116 - Bugopede

134 - Infinite Grunge

I guess I shouldn't be jealous.....
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
I knew it really wasn't CCLP1, but you sure confused alot of members! It'll be interesting to see if any of those CCLP1 levels get in the real CCLP1.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Based on a preliminary glance through the set, it's more than worthy of the moniker "CCLP1," fake or not. Thumbs up
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
The count:

J.B.: 57

Tyler: 36 (plus a collab with James)

Rock: 16

Ben: 15

The Architect: 15

Dave: 8

James: 1 (plus a collab with Tyler)

Paul: 0 (since he doesn't have any sets online)

The list:

[Click to Show Content]
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
Quote:1. The Architect

2. The Architect

3. The Architect

4. The Architect

5. The Architect

6. The Architect

7. The Architect

8. The Architect

9. The Architect

10. The Architect

11. The Architect

12. The Architect

13. The Architect

14. The Architect

15. The Architect

That's alot of Architect levels in a row! Laughing
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Well, I've beaten the first I think 92 levels.

And I'm currently stuck on Japanese Game Show (why was that one put in again?)

But I'm having a lot of fun with this set Slight smile
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
I only played a few random levels. Some of these are great. Many of these are good candidates for CCLP4.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan