CCX Files
Quote:A CCX file editing tool sounds like it would be a great addition to a Chip's Controls v5.0... Smiley

Wow, I completely forgot that I had posted this...but 9 months later, this is officially in progress:

[Image: ccxeditor.png]

(Note that this is just a prototype I threw together today; nothing is actually functional yet except the Exit menu option. Smiley)
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
Whoa! Whenever this is released officially, I'm totally using this to add a storyline to my set Slight smile
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
If you can get that to work, we'd all love you for it.
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
Thumbs up

A couple of quick notes regarding the format:-
  • Author and ruleset information can be specified on the levelset as a whole and/or overridden for individual levels. There is also a flag for pedantic compatibility.

• Text properties can be also be specified for the entire file and/or overridden for individual pages.

• The level name is just a comment for human readability of the .ccx file and is not meant to be used. Ideally, your program would lookup the level name from the .dat/.ccl file.

- Madhav.
I should really start working on my own CCX -- I started it a while back and then just never got around to it. Might as well start it up again
ZK1 / ZK2 / ZK3 / ZK3: Abandoned / ZK4 / ZK5

Bronze / Silver / Gold
Quote: Thumbs up

A couple of quick notes regarding the format:-
  • Author and ruleset information can be specified on the levelset as a whole and/or overridden for individual levels. There is also a flag for pedantic compatibility.

• Text properties can be also be specified for the entire file and/or overridden for individual pages.

Thanks for the info - I assume the pedantic flag is pedantic=yes?

Quote:
  • The level name is just a comment for human readability of the .ccx file and is not meant to be used. Ideally, your program would lookup the level name from the .dat/.ccl file.

Unfortunately, my programming knowledge doesn't include reading .dat files, but that probably would be quite a helpful feature... I'll either try to figure it out or maybe have a feature for importing a level list generated by cclpinfo (a little inconvenient, but better than having to type them all in manually...).

BTW - this semester has been pretty hectic so far, so right now I'm thinking this will probably only be released near the end of December... Plus it could depend on how long my other planned Chip's Controls modifications take, which I hope to get added in this same release... But if the others take too long, I could always release a standalone version of the CCX editor before releasing the Chip's Controls update...
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
.DAT file structure:

http://www.seasip.de....uk/ccfile.html

This link is taken from the wiki.
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
Quote:.DAT file structure:

http://www.seasip.de....uk/ccfile.html

This link is taken from the wiki.

That would help, although I'll still have to figure out how to do the actual programming using that information (I had a lot of help with the EXE-modifying parts of Chip's Controls... Tongue)
Mike L

My level sets:
Quote:Wow, I completely forgot that I had posted this...but 9 months later, this is officially in progress:

[Image: ccxeditor.png]

(Note that this is just a prototype I threw together today; nothing is actually functional yet except the Exit menu option. Smiley)

Looking good! Maybe a preview button could be added to link with Tile World 2, so that you can see if all the text/pictures appeared properly.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
What the....

I just saw this post after manually creating an entire CCX (and typing it all out myself).

Anyway, I just uploaded a CCX file for CC1 - Everyone please try it out and give me feedback

http://cczone.invisi...hallenge-1-ccx/
- budugoo