Untimed Levels
Quote:Or if the level is really about solving a problem, not about being quick at it.

I like to think that the best CC levels fit this description. Wink

(Oh, and if it's unreasonable to finish a level in 999 CC seconds...gaah! My attention span will not hold out in such cases.)
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
What about YAYAP?
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
I don't think that monstrosity counts :/
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
YAYAP was just an extremely long sokoban. It's untimed for Lynx mainly, considering that bust in MS that just speeds it up.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Quote:Or if the level is really about solving a problem, not about being quick at it.

This. Which most designers still haven't gotten Thumbs up

Have a monster Teeth
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Quote:This. Which most designers still haven't gotten Thumbs up

Have a monster Teeth

Mr. Anderson does not agree. Laughing

In all fairness, there's nothing wrong with finishing a level quickly. There are speed runs for a reason you know.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
There's also the peeps who have the strong will to solve the suggested puzzles at their own pace, if there are many. I don't really see the point of forcing someone to figure out Stress Fracture or Cloner's Maze in a finger snap, for instance.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Quote:There's also the peeps who have the strong will to solve the suggested puzzles at their own pace, if there are many. I don't really see the point of forcing someone to figure out Stress Fracture or Cloner's Maze in a finger snap, for instance.

Cloner's Maze is a perfect example of a good puzzling level that should of been untimed. I was close to running out of time figuring it out myself.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
In hindsight, I do wish Cloner's Maze were untimed. Generally speaking, many of the levels I like to keep untimed are those that involve a lot of excessive lateral thinking. Slight smile
Or they could have given it a time limit of 1500 and make the timer glitch, given that CCLP2 didn't have to be Lynx-compatible.