Untimed Levels
So in Chip's Challenge, do the untimed levels give you more points than the regular timed ones?

For example, CCLP2 had no untimed levels I think. Does this mean the score would be lower or higher if there were untimed levels or not?
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Well, CC1 had something like 27 untimed levels, and now nobody can get over 6 million. With none in CCLP2, it makes the scores a lot higher. I suspect the reason that CCLP3 has a higher score than LP2 is because it has more levels with a higher time limit.

So, untimed levels don't necessarily make the score lower for that set, but they can certainly help. The time limits on the levels is a bigger factor generally.
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
On Richard Field's site, player Bruce Hilman claims that an alternate version of CC1 modified only to include exits right next to Chip would yield a total possible score of 6,114,560.
Quote:On Richard Field's site, player Bruce Hilman claims that an alternate version of CC1 modified only to include exits right next to Chip would yield a total possible score of 6,114,560.

Interesting...
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
I thought I was in for an intervention there, but we're only talking about the points.

Oh well...
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Quote:On Richard Field's site, player Bruce Hilman claims that an alternate version of CC1 modified only to include exits right next to Chip would yield a total possible score of 6,114,560.

I suspect we need to add 290 points to that out of "short first second" concerns Tongue

@ Tom, making a level timed will always make it worth more points.
@James, only if the level is solvable, for otherwise the level will always net 0 points.
^This.

Also, making them untimed ISN'T A CRIME!
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
That's one reason why I made Level 69 of JoshL2 untimed. It's completely difficult. Also I end up getting an overall total of 6,100,000+ Tongue
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
You make no time bonus on an untimed level, so of course it's worth less. Hit the S key in TW and you'll see.

Untimed levels are useful if it's unreasonable to finish in 999 seconds. Also, if there is excessive randomness. Or if the level is really about solving a problem, not about being quick at it.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan