How Does the "Reputation Points" System Work?
Quote:Like I said it was a joke so I don't think it's ever to be done again. If you like the post, you like it, and that's it.

I know, I was joking. If I like something, I like it once, and move on.
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
Is it possible to just allow positive votes, like a thumbs up but no thumbs down?
It was like such initially, I think it's a good idea. Noticed earlier on that Andrew got another down vote. I don't know who thinks it's worth it and funny, but I'd like him to stop doing so. I'd also recommend again to reset his rating again.

Geez, these childs...
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
I think the vote up/down buttons on each post serve to express approval (or disapproval) to its contents, e.g., to an opinion ("I agree"), to an announcement ("Looking forward to it"), to a funny comment ("LOL"), etc. I think that's fine. But the idea of adding up those counts for a user across all topics and displaying it as a ranking statistic - and further referring to that number as a "reputation" - does not seem right to me. So I think we should do away with that.

I did happen to down-vote post #9 in a certain thread yesterday - to express my strong disapproval of every statement in that post, all of which I felt were "wrong" (in every sense of the word). Such a vote is to do with ideas and opinions, not with people. If a negative number on individual posts too seems - well - negative, then we could get rid of down-votes as Miika suggests. But if we're going to stay with both kinds of votes, then it might make more sense to show the up and down counts separately - so that you know whether a 0 means that an equal number of people liked and disliked it, or whether nobody reacted at all. Tongue

- Madhav.
Quote:I think the vote up/down buttons on each post serve to express approval (or disapproval) to its contents, e.g., to an opinion ("I agree"), to an announcement ("Looking forward to it"), to a funny comment ("LOL"), etc. I think that's fine. But the idea of adding up those counts for a user across all topics and displaying it as a ranking statistic - and further referring to that number as a "reputation" - does not seem right to me. So I think we should do away with that.

I did happen to down-vote post #9 in a certain thread yesterday - to express my strong disapproval of every statement in that post, all of which I felt were "wrong" (in every sense of the word). Such a vote is to do with ideas and opinions, not with people. If a negative number on individual posts too seems - well - negative, then we could get rid of down-votes as Miika suggests. But if we're going to stay with both kinds of votes, then it might make more sense to show the up and down counts separately - so that you know whether a 0 means that an equal number of people liked and disliked it, or whether nobody reacted at all. Tongue

- Madhav.

I think so far everyone is taking the reputation system well. I admit, looking back, that post was quite harsh and I downvoted it too for believing it was worthy. I don't usually downvote that much on forums, but giving out thumbs ups too often just seems silly as well. Obviously the system isn't perfect, but with a small community at the moment, it's fine I think.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
The rep system doesn't really concern me to be honest. I like everyone's posts but I don't boost the rep points up on all of them. If there's a comment somewhere that I don't agree with, I simply just ignore it and wait for someone else to reply to that comment or statement. So whether you keep the system or get rid of it, I'll be fine with it either way Slight smile
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Perhaps instead of an aggregated "score" that accounts for a user's total up/down points, we could just have a "top posts" section on each person's profile? That way, people can see what their most popular moments were, and it's more positive overall. Slight smile
That's not a bad idea you got there, J.B. but I don't know how it would be implemented from what we got here.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
On a similar note, is it possible to view which posts you have made on which others have voted up or down? I've apparently got 23 "reputation points" and am really curious to know what posts are responsible for them. Tongue
Quote:On a similar note, is it possible to view which posts you have made on which others have voted up or down? I've apparently got 23 "reputation points" and am really curious to know what posts are responsible for them. Tongue

I'm not sure if you can do this at a Moderator, but on the repuation points on a post, highlight the number for about 2 seconds and it comes up with who up'd and down'd the post.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]