WHERE IS EVERYONE?
I know, I know. You're all on steam.

But this is exactly what I (and possibly J.B.) was talking about. We "put off" CCLP4 and suddenly interest in good ol' Charlie Brown, I mean Chip's Challenge, loses the interest of people.

OK, so we can take a bit more time enjoying the fabulous release of CC2. (The luster is sort of fading for me personally.) But the truth is still true -- we have LITERALLY THOUSANDS of levels that would be good candidates for CCLP4.

Can we at least THINK about starting on this thing?

Let's not wait another year. Or two.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
I finished CC2. It was good, but now that it's finished I somewhat lost interest in it.

Let's go back to CC1 and CCLP4.
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
Quote:I finished CC2. It was good, but now that it's finished I somewhat lost interest in it.

Let's go back to CC1 and CCLP4.

Why did you lose interest in it?

I do agree CCLP4 should be a CC1 set but going back to CC1 entirely is kind of boring. If CC2 didn't release when it did, I would have stopped designing levels and quit CC eventually because of how boring it was getting.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Quote:Why did you lose interest in it?
I already solved all 200 main levels and there aren't many custom levels for it right now. Also, I think the interface for the editor is hard to navigate, especially with the small window size, so I went back to creating CC1 levels.
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
Quote:I already solved all 200 main levels and there aren't many custom levels for it right now. Also, I think the interface for the editor is hard to navigate, especially with the small window size, so I went back to creating CC1 levels.

Well I finished all 200 levels as well and while there aren't many custom levels I don't think that's a reason to lose interest... And as far as I know, not that many people plan on going back to CC1 styled levels for a long time.

Though I will agree the editor window is annoying to work with.
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Quote:Also, I think the interface for the editor is hard to navigate, especially with the small window size, so I went back to creating CC1 levels.

How big is your screen? You can try forcing a bigger window by going into the game and selecting Edit->Preferences...->"2X" in the bottom drop-down menu and then restarting the game. It may not be that much better but at least you can see.
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
The 2X was too hard to use. However, I have recently been convinced that we should convert the CCLP4 levels to CC2 rules. I'm working on geodave4. The hardest part is button wiring. Also you have to redo all the cloners because they lose direction info after conversion.

My levels are not dependent on ms or lynx glitches, so not much of an issue there. I'm pretty sure I'll need to change one level because it's too dependent on initial creature movement. I needed to do that anyway.

If we can get a majority of designers on board we could move forward with "CC2 The Challenge Continues", or whatever we want to call this set.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Also chipster, I find it strange how your profile feed message says CC2 is the best video game ever, yet you lost interest it Slight smile
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects