Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Email:

Password

Latest Threads
JumpingSwarm's Scores
Forum: View forum
Last Post: JumpingSwarm
7 hours ago
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2,831
J.B.'s Official Set Score...
Last Post: jblewis
Yesterday, 4:14 PM
» Replies: 341
» Views: 202,328
Pieguy's scores
Last Post: pieguy
Yesterday, 2:49 AM
» Replies: 88
» Views: 40,496
Earthling's Scores
Last Post: Earthling
23-Apr-2024, 8:07 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 985
C1059-CC2
Last Post: chipster1059
21-Apr-2024, 4:35 PM
» Replies: 41
» Views: 32,630
Redslash' scores
Last Post: redslash
20-Apr-2024, 8:10 PM
» Replies: 28
» Views: 8,299
Bacorn's official CC set ...
Last Post: Bacorn
19-Apr-2024, 5:43 PM
» Replies: 106
» Views: 67,474
IHNN's scores
Last Post: Ihavenoname248
18-Apr-2024, 9:47 PM
» Replies: 323
» Views: 203,243
bobdabaron's scores
Last Post: lurker03
18-Apr-2024, 8:08 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 69
chipster1059's scores
Last Post: chipster1059
18-Apr-2024, 6:25 PM
» Replies: 214
» Views: 118,957

(Advanced Search)

More than 999 levels?
Posted by: AdrenalinDragon - 10-Jan-2012, 2:12 PM - Forum: Programs and Editors - Replies (14)

Is it possible to have more than 999 levels in one set, or is this a limitation in the Chip's Challenge program/Level files? I'm not sure about Tile World by the way.

Print this item

Impossible levelset
Posted by: Lessinath - 10-Jan-2012, 10:10 AM - Forum: Level Discussion - Replies (15)

Alright, so it's up now.

None of the levels are REALLY impossible, it just may not be possible to humanly beat them. Although I actually think that Mesocyclone would be a good CCLP4 level.

The first level is just a lobby with a hint warning you what you're about to get into... These levels are not even remotely fair, although I personally think the last level of TomP3 is harder then Walker Rage Hard Mode is.

I can beat 7 of these 8 levels (not counting the "lobby"), with the 5th being the only one I actually cannot beat.

2: Walker Rage Hard Mode: This is actually the easier version, with four of five walker cloners disconnected. Also, the walls are made of chips, so it turns into complete and total insane madness after a short period of time. On top of that, you still need those annoying blocks.

And there are teeth in the level now too. Teeth

3: Stupid Blob Cloners.Stupid blob cloners. Good luck. There are extra chips. It's not that hard if you're really lucky. I'm not. Blob

4: Gnawing 2: It's Gnawing, just harder. Teeth

5: The Depths: There are more teeth this time. It took me four hours of trying, but I beat this level.

6: Escape the Nuée Ardente: I think this level is, quite honestly, is the hardest CC level I've ever designed or had the misfortune of trying to play. It's Joyride with destructive obstacles taken to its logical extreme. I can get to the second to last horizontal hallway. Unfortunately, it's aproximately as fun as "bloblake" without the occasional bits of humor, so I doubt anyone will stick through this long enough to beat it. I didn't.

7: Mesocyclone: If you don't know what a mesocyclone is, don't ask. Oh, you mean the level? I find this a fun and challenging level, and while it lacks most of the fake difficulty of the previous levels there is the occasional screw that you can't readily anticipate. I couldn't find another set to put this in, so I put it here just so it would have a home. The gliders will kill you at least once in a way you cannot anticipate. Glider

8: Slide: Slide around. Push blocks. Don't get crushed. Find the exit. Chip WinIts difficulty comes from its length, so your milage many vary on if this one is actually hard or not.

9: Nightmare: This level was a lot more complex and about 5 times harder then the one you see here, but some of the mechanics were experements and just didn't work properly. I made it work properly, but it was at the cost of making it a LOT easier then the original one. Unfortunately, including a level that just didn't work was something I wanted to avoid.

Print this item

Lessinath impossible levels
Posted by: Lessinath - 10-Jan-2012, 9:37 AM - Forum: CC1 Level Packs - No Replies

File category: CC1 Levelsets

*IMPORTANT*

This short level set is full of lucky timing, randomness, obscene difficulty and just plain insanity.

I am not responsible for headaches, broken keyboards, broken mice, or murderous rampages resulting from attempting to play this levelset.

With that said, they're not REALLY impossible, just really hard. A few are actually only moderately hard once you figure out the "trick" to them.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.ccl   Lessinath_Impossible.ccl (Size: 8.63 KB / Downloads: 330)
Print this item

Lessanath's levels for CCLP1 consideration
Posted by: Lessinath - 10-Jan-2012, 8:58 AM - Forum: CC1 Level Packs - No Replies

These are the levels that I would like to see considered for CCLP1.

Attached Files
.ccl   Lessinath_CCLP1_levels.ccl (Size: 51.4 KB / Downloads: 320)
Print this item

Unsolvable Level Reports
Posted by: jblewis - 10-Jan-2012, 8:47 AM - Forum: Level Discussion - Replies (48)

CCZone members,

If you wish to report an unsolvable level in any custom level set, this is the place to do it. I will maintain a list of all the reported levels on this post as this thread grows. Any fixed levels will be removed.

UNSOLVABLE LEVELS REPORTED

TomP3 #85: STEEL WORKS

TomP3 #86: FLOORS OF TERROR

Print this item

What languages do you know?
Posted by: AdrenalinDragon - 09-Jan-2012, 9:45 PM - Forum: Poll Station - Replies (47)

What languages do you know? Do you only know one language, or do you know more than one? I only really know English, but a little German I guess.

Print this item

Untimed Levels
Posted by: AdrenalinDragon - 09-Jan-2012, 9:33 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (20)

So in Chip's Challenge, do the untimed levels give you more points than the regular timed ones?

For example, CCLP2 had no untimed levels I think. Does this mean the score would be lower or higher if there were untimed levels or not?

Print this item

The original CC Zone
Posted by: AdrenalinDragon - 09-Jan-2012, 8:32 PM - Forum: Websites - Replies (19)

Here's the only page of it left on the internet. December 2008.

http://web.archive.o...w.cczone.co.nr/

RIP CC Zone V1.0 Thumbs up

Hard to believe it was four years ago already.

Print this item

What did you call monsters and other CC objects when you were younger?
Posted by: BigOto2 - 09-Jan-2012, 7:03 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (51)

When I was very young and first started playing CC, most monsters had their own names before I knew what they were really called. Some of mine were pretty hilarious:

- Teeth were "frogs" as I said on another thread.

- Gliders had no name because I didn't even know what the heck they were.

- Paramecia were "bugs".

- Bees were bees (what most people call bugs or spiders nowadays).

- Tanks were tankers.

- Pink balls were "killing things".

- Walkers were "balls with sticks through them".

- Fireballs were "fireflies".

- Blobs were "cloudy things", or simply "clouds", and sometimes even "apple treetops".

- Traps were "sticky things".

- Teleports were "transporters".

- Thiefs were "firemen".

- Recessed walls were "Appearing blocks" or simply "blocks".

Everything else was referred to by their obvious official names, pretty much.

What did you think certain tiles were before you learned their official names? Any particularly hilarious ones?

Print this item

manipulator.dat
Posted by: ManipulatorGeneral - 09-Jan-2012, 4:20 PM - Forum: CC1 Level Packs - No Replies

Andrew Bennett's new, Lynx-compatible, not so evil levelset. Level 6 is not an official submission for CCLP1, but may be changed later.

And yes, all five of the main levels are inspired by album or song titles. Slight smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.dat   manipulator.dat (Size: 5.6 KB / Downloads: 372)
Print this item