Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Email:

Password

Latest Threads
J.B.'s Official Set Score...
Forum: View forum
Last Post: jblewis
11 hours ago
» Replies: 341
» Views: 202,248
Pieguy's scores
Last Post: pieguy
Yesterday, 2:49 AM
» Replies: 88
» Views: 40,445
Earthling's Scores
Last Post: Earthling
23-Apr-2024, 8:07 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 981
C1059-CC2
Last Post: chipster1059
21-Apr-2024, 4:35 PM
» Replies: 41
» Views: 32,629
Redslash' scores
Last Post: redslash
20-Apr-2024, 8:10 PM
» Replies: 28
» Views: 8,293
Bacorn's official CC set ...
Last Post: Bacorn
19-Apr-2024, 5:43 PM
» Replies: 106
» Views: 67,439
IHNN's scores
Last Post: Ihavenoname248
18-Apr-2024, 9:47 PM
» Replies: 323
» Views: 203,201
bobdabaron's scores
Last Post: lurker03
18-Apr-2024, 8:08 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 67
chipster1059's scores
Last Post: chipster1059
18-Apr-2024, 6:25 PM
» Replies: 214
» Views: 118,916
Dave's score
Last Post: geodave
18-Apr-2024, 3:06 PM
» Replies: 85
» Views: 46,345

(Advanced Search)

Your vices
Posted by: BitBuster - 09-Jan-2012, 3:35 PM - Forum: General - Replies (33)

Besides CC, of course. Are you a computer game addict in general? Do you have any substance dependencies (cigs, alcohol, etc)?

(Or is this getting too personal?)

Print this item

sheila2
Posted by: geodave - 09-Jan-2012, 2:41 PM - Forum: Tilesets - No Replies

First draft of Sheila tileset -- plenty of work left to go.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

CC Zone has new skins themes!
Posted by: AdrenalinDragon - 09-Jan-2012, 2:23 PM - Forum: Announcements - Replies (25)

CC Zone is going to have a new set of skin themes!

The ones I am currently working on are:

Teeth Green - A green skin

Pink Ball - A pink skin

You can change skin by clicking on the "Change Theme" button at the bottom of the page. Beware, these are still under construction!

More to come soon. It's a bit of trial and error to get it right so let me know if there's something you don't like in these skins. Thanks!

Print this item

Merging forums?
Posted by: BitBuster - 09-Jan-2012, 11:35 AM - Forum: Feedback - Replies (15)

I hate to be "that guy" who's always making suggestions about site features, so apologies in advance, and here's a promise that I'll hold back in the future...Slight smile

I'm just wondering if it might be more convenient to simply merge "General Discussion" and "CC Polls" into one forum. Similarly, is the new "Programs & Editors" forum really necessary? It's nice in theory to have a lot of forums, but in practice it's cumbersome to have to open half a dozen forums, not to mention that it raises "Where's the best place for me to post this?" issues.

Again, just a suggestion. Slight smile

Print this item

Frogs or Dentures?
Posted by: Green Kitten - 09-Jan-2012, 10:44 AM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (19)

Well? Teeth

Print this item

CC & a "save" feature
Posted by: BitBuster - 09-Jan-2012, 9:49 AM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (20)

I always found it interesting that CC didn't allow you to save your state in a given level. Virtually every other game I remember playing as a kid had a way for you to save the game...but not CC. I suppose that's part of the appeal, but it was always frustrating to, say, collect all the chips in Ice Cube and then get killed by the bug while sliding blind back onto the main path...

Print this item

Block Arranging III
Posted by: pillowpc2001 - 09-Jan-2012, 12:50 AM - Forum: Level Discussion - Replies (5)

What are everyone's thoughts on Block Arranging III (MikeL2 #195, currently MikeL3 #18 but that number could change by the next release) as a CCLP1 candidate? My biggest concern about this level is the number of "bouncing block" situations occuring on ice paths only 2 tiles long - I struggled a bit with these myself while re-testing the level for the MikeL3 release. I did just begin work on making those ice paths at least 3 tiles long, but this kind of looks odd in some of the situations; plus I haven't done anything with the bottom left corner room yet, which this method wouldn't really work for due to the number of blocks and size of the room (I could move 4 of the blocks into the squares inbetween the ice, but that would take away the bouncing-block aspect altogether).

Print this item

geodave3
Posted by: geodave - 08-Jan-2012, 10:18 PM - Forum: CC1 Level Packs - No Replies

File category: CC1 Levelsets

My levels submitted for CCLP1.

What's New in Version 1.9.5
  • level 141 fixed.

.dat   geodave3.dat (Size: 100.36 KB / Downloads: 1271)
Print this item

sheila1
Posted by: geodave - 08-Jan-2012, 9:42 PM - Forum: Tilesets - Replies (4)

First glimpse of my Sheila tileset. Still in development, and will probably be even prettier when it's done.

Print this item

CCZone, Licensing and Community levelpacks
Posted by: tensorpudding - 08-Jan-2012, 4:26 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (8)

The kerfuffle with Andrew at Chip's Portal bringing up claims of copyright over works submitted there made the issue of licensing a more pressing issue. I would not want to allow my levels to appear in a community levelset if the works that I produced would be used in commercial works.

So the question is, to what extent does the community think that explicit licensing is an issue? I'm sure it's not the intent of anyone to do anything unwanted with other people's works, but what constitutes "unwanted use" is contentious and requiring people to be specific on what they want to allow is a good way to avoid problems.

Submitting levelsets for inclusion in a community levelpack would at minimum involve allowing CC Zone to host it and the CCLP1 team to redistribute it in a "derived" form. I would hope something like Creative Commons licensing (without the no-derivative-works clause) would be compatible enough. Since CC Zone accepts .zip files for uploads, it'd be entirely possible to include a separate copyright notice on each set. Though, I would think that'd require distributing future community levelsets with an extensive copyright file attributing every contributor and his or her own specific license, which would get pretty onerous if contributors did not stick to common licenses and roll their own.

The honor system of public-domain-use-it-as-i-say-you-can licensing seems fine, but these questions are better addressed before a problem arises rather than after.

Print this item