CC2 Community Pack Survey
How about "CCtwoLP1"? Or CC2LPone? Maybe write one number as a word so the title isn't a mess of numbers.

150 levels sounds good.

Multiple hints are fine.

I don't really see any great need for cipher levels.
Quote:17 hours ago, Flareon350 said:

I'm unfamiliar with Warp Exits so I can't speak for those.

Multiple hints should of course be acceptable. Slight smile and lesson levels it depends on the approach this new pack will take. If the staff wants it be "a better CC2" then yeah lessons! Even if that's not the direction the set is going to take I still think it could benefit from some that the main game didn't really introduce (the hook immediately comes to mind) and also for block slapping!

Cyphers seem kind of pointless since you can freely skip levels in CC2. There's no passwords in the game anyway.

I agree with all of this Thumbs up
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
Quote:19 hours ago, geodave said:

Anyone have any thoughts about these things?

1. Warp exits

Warp exits have to do with the structure of the set as a whole, and thus would be up to the discretion of the staff. (I don't see any need for them, but would not be opposed to them either.)

2. Multiple hints

Definitely allowed.

3. Lesson levels

We need a few, for concepts the main game did not really teach.

4. Cyphers

Pointless as a means to hide passwords; but levels with structures that form text can be fun and should not be barred.
Quote:On 10/3/2018 at 9:07 PM, geodave said:

Anyone have any thoughts about these things?

1. Warp exits

Secret exits that skip ahead a number of levels could be a substitute for secret hints, since there's no password system. I like it! We'd just need to come up with a way for the staff to know that one of the exits in a level is intended to be a secret exit...or the staff could add them where they feel they're appropriate, like for some of the secret hints in CCLP4.

NOTE: I don't know all the details about how secret/warp exits actually work...in any case, if we include one, we might want to place a hint next to it explaining that the player has found a secret exit so they aren't surprised when it does something unusual.

Quote:Quote

2. Multiple hints

It's not too hard to make and the CC2 main game did it, so sure, why not?

3. Lesson levels

Probably for some of the more complicated elements.

4. Cyphers

Unnecessary if we go with secret exits. And passwords don't exist anyway, so any "cypher" we could try to include would have to be less about unlocking a future level and more about a hint towards solving a future level, I think.
Nevertheless when a CC2 official pack or CCLP5 is happening, I'm looking forward to it.Slight smile
I would like to throw in some responses to previously suggested standards:

The comment field could maybe include information on how well the level placed in voting, but regardless of what they contain, they should always preserve what was originally in the comment (if anything).

Levels should be placed in folders labelled 1-20, 21-40, etc. and should be named XXX-[original filename].c2m where XXX is the three-digit level number.

Music should not be picked for levels until it's agreed on as to what music tracks will be shipped with the level pack. Broad descriptions like "it should have a fast-paced action tune" should be honored, though.
Quote:3 hours ago, ncrecc said:

The comment field could maybe include information on how well the level placed in voting, but regardless of what they contain, they should always preserve what was originally in the comment (if anything).

Even something deemed unacceptable by community standards, e.g. profanity, racial slurs, etc.? (Not that I'm suggesting community members would submit levels with such comments, but any standard should be prepared for as many eventualities as possible.)

Quote:3 hours ago, ncrecc said:

Music should not be picked for levels until it's agreed on as to what music tracks will be shipped with the level pack. Broad descriptions like "it should have a fast-paced action tune" should be honored, though.

I like this idea. Thumbs up
Quote:2 hours ago, The Architect said:

Even something deemed unacceptable by community standards, e.g. profanity, racial slurs, etc.? (Not that I'm suggesting community members would submit levels with such comments, but any standard should be prepared for as many eventualities as possible.)

Admittedly, I hadn't thought of that situation. I suppose anything that wouldn't be allowed on the forums shouldn't be allowed in comments.
Quote:On 10/1/2018 at 10:42 PM, quiznos00 said:

What should the set be named?

CC2LP2, not CC2LP1!

How many levels?

Allow levels with CC1 boot rules?

Absolutely not.

Consistent viewport size (9x9 or 10x10)?

10x10

Map size limit? Namely, should the 40x40 limit from the CC2 main game be retained?

No limit, because this should be CC2LP2 and not CC2LP1. If a set like the latter is ever made, it should definitely have the 40x40 limit though.

Should any tiles or techniques be banned? Some "unsupported" tiles are innocuous, like the zero-directional block or the blank "no" sign, but hex editing can lead to weird and wild tiles, as seen in TSAlpha's Enter the Void. There also are some non-obvious techniques, like block slapping and the gimmicks in TSAlpha's Great Job CC2! levels, that may not be well-suited for an official pack.

Anything that the official editor supports should be fair game. Anything that cannot be done with the official editor should be banned.

Any other standards that should be set in place?

There are some decent suggestions in this topic, but I've run out of patience with the quote handling mechanism here so I'll just leave this at that.
Check out my levelset: AndrewR1
Discuss it here: AndrewR1 feedback and discussion
Quote:On 10/1/2018 at 4:41 PM, Flareon350 said:

I honestly don't want a 100x100 level in the set unless it is somehow a solid level.

Just for clarity, this essentially means I'd like a size limit, at least for the first CC2 pack. 60x60 sounds big enough.

Maybe for future CC2 packs this could get lifted but for and specifically for the first CC2 pack, I think a size limit should be enforced.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon