CCLP1/2/3 in Chips Challenge 1/2?
Is there a way to play CCLP1 in the Steam release? I'm used to moving with WASD... and I can't get over how terrible some of the sprites in Tile World are after playing it for a while, especially the boots. How on earth are those supposed to be flippers!?
Porting these sets to the Steam version may be difficult due to the differences in the way buttons work in the two versions...

However, it is possible to replace the graphics in Tile World. Here is one where flippers look more like flippers:

http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/81-tilesbmp/

I don't know any way to change the keys to WASD, sorry.
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
They're supposed to be water boots in Tile World.

As for using WASD, there are free programs you can download from the internet that remap keys for you. Ihavenoname248 uses AutoHotkey, but i couldn't get that to work on my computer so i found a different one, SharpKeys. AutoHotkey has a lot of other functionality that you probably don't need, and SharpKeys requires logging out or restarting to take effect.
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
This might not be a feasible or easy solution, but the key bindings could be changed in the source code of Tile World (they're currently hardcoded). I haven't tested, but these look like the relevant lines (in Tile world 1):

https://github.com/BR903/tworld/blob/mas....c#L63-L70

Also, the 's' and 'd' keys are currently used, so they would have to be reassigned.
Quote:Porting these sets to the Steam version may be difficult due to the differences in the way buttons work in the two versions...

Uh, don't they work the same way they do on the Lynx?
Quote:Uh, don't they work the same way they do on the Lynx?

No. Every red and brown button in the Steam version are automatically connected by reading order whereas in the Lynx version, this is not a restriction as connections can be freely made. So some levels from CCLP1-3 with clone machines and/or traps won't work properly thus making them impossible to solve or even play.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
I thought that was only in the Microsoft port? Which is... kind of hideously broken really.
Quote:I thought that was only in the Microsoft port? Which is... kind of hideously broken really.

Nope it goes for Lynx too. Though the true original Lynx (which is pedantic Lynx) has the same restriction as Steam.
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Hunh? You're not making sense.
What doesn't make sense to you?

Basically the answer to your question from before "Is there a way to play CCLP1 in the Steam release?", the answer is no you cannot and here's why.

CCLP1-3 were designed differently. Microsoft and Lynx have been commonly used rulesets and these sets were designed under these rules. Steam's rules (also known as Pedantic Lynx), which is what the game was meant to go under in the first place, are more strict such that red and brown buttons are connected in reading order, from left to right. However, most levels in CCLP1-3 don't follow this strict rule (by community preference) and instead have more freedom with button connections.

So if these sets were ported to be played on Steam, some of the levels in those sets would become impossible to solve because of the way red and brown buttons are treated. They just wouldn't work and would have to be redesigned to be suitable for Steam play ability.

Does this make sense to you? If not, I don't know how else to explain it to you.
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects